Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Learyfan]
    #4300229 - 06/15/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Like drugs! I took an ambulance ride but I don't remember it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seat belt laws [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4300444 - 06/15/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i dont know if wearing rear seatbelts is a legal obligation in the states, but if ur a passenger in the back and not wearing a seatbelt then there is a reasonable chance of doing some serious injury to the front seat occupant if u do not wear your seatbelt in the case of an accident - your head smashes into his, your knees ram his kidneys. so there may be a better case for compulsory rearseatbelt wearing than front seatbelt wearing if you are only interested in protecting third parties.

the idea of compulsory front seatbelt wearing is primarily to try to protect stupid people from their own idiocy. there are lots of laws like this.

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: shnakboozy]
    #4300459 - 06/15/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shnakboozy said:
i dont know if wearing rear seatbelts is a legal obligation in the states, but if ur a passenger in the back and not wearing a seatbelt then there is a reasonable chance of doing some serious injury to the front seat occupant if u do not wear your seatbelt in the case of an accident - your head smashes into his, your knees ram his kidneys. so there may be a better case for compulsory rearseatbelt wearing than front seatbelt wearing if you are only interested in protecting third parties.

If you are the driver and you allow your adult passenger to sit in the back without a belt, then you've both made a personal adult decision.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4300482 - 06/15/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
If you are the driver and you allow your adult passenger to sit in the back without a belt, then you've both made a personal adult decision.

indeed, but unfortunately not everone is mature enough to make an adult decision, no matter what their chronological age.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #4300494 - 06/15/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

seat belt laws are for revenue but mostly to be able to pull people over easier, nothing else. not because they care if you die, the people you effect ect. when law abiding black dude with dreads rolls down the street, instead of the officer saying he pulled him over for being black and/or having dreads (most likely the truth), he can say he appeared to not be wearing his seatbelt. anyone who doesn't realize seatbelt laws have nothing to do with your safety but the safety of LEO (from lawsuits), is a tard or selectively blind :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
    #4300507 - 06/15/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't like the seat belt laws, just because I just got a ticket the other day, here's what the ticket came to, $235.00, seems like a money grab to me.
The shitty part is I usually always wear my seat belt and of course the day I forget there's the Piggy's.
I still remember the time I smashed my mothers car up and broke my ankle, the cop told me that if I hadn't been wearin my seat belt I probably would be dead, I wasn't wearin one, that was when I started on a more regular basis though.

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

OnlineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Seat belt laws [Re: John]
    #4300510 - 06/15/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
seat belt laws are for revenue but mostly to be able to pull people over easier, nothing else. not because they care if you die, the people you effect ect. when law abiding black dude with dreads rolls down the street, instead of the officer saying he pulled him over for being black and/or having dreads, he can say he appeared to not be wearing his seat belt. anyone who doesn't realize seat belt laws have nothing to do with your safety but the safety of LEO (from lawsuits), is a tard or selectively blind :stoned:

Exactly. 

shnakboozy: You can not legislate stupidity.  You can not force all people to wear a seat belt because you feel that some people aren't smart enough to make an adult decision.  It's the same deal with the drug war, which you most likely oppose.

--------------------

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4300539 - 06/15/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well, learyfan, i am not a north american - so may well have a very very different perspective on many things than those who are. the drug war in the US is a very different looking thing to the "drug skirmish" that goes on in much of europe. personally i think some drug laws are important (largely to protect stupid, young and immature people from doing crazy things)

there are lots and lots of laws that are there to protect people from their own stupidity - eg much of the health and safety at work laws. some of them are daft laws, some of them are very sensible. i dont have a strong view on seatbelt or helmet laws but on balance i think they are sensible here at least. for example here it is tax payers money that is saved by reducing the severity of injuries by forcing more people to wear seatbelts. if everyone paid for their own healthcare (as is nearer the case in the states) then there would be less justification perhaps. but as it stands, here, i dont see why my taxes whould pay for the injuries inflicted because someone was too stupid to wear a seatbelt. so the law is sensible.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #4300550 - 06/15/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Fair enough, you keep fighting the power by putting your life in danger. I'll find more pleasurable ways to excercise what I consider adult decisions.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #4300625 - 06/15/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I see what you are saying..

But its a seatbelt wear it why wouldnt you? How could a seat belt possibly bother you?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4300669 - 06/15/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So you support the Drug War?

That explains it. The issues of the criminalization of drugs and the requirement to wear seatbelts are the same, and have the same excuses; that somehow these personal adult issues affect society in such a way that we need to steal from people or put them in jail even if they harm no one else.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Ravus]
    #4300691 - 06/15/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

u didnt read my post carefully enough. that's not what i said.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4300696 - 06/15/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

personally i think some drug laws are important (largely to protect stupid, young and immature people from doing crazy things)

Did I misread that? You said you support some of the U.S.'s drug laws.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4300719 - 06/15/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

saying that i think some drug laws are important is not the same as saying that i support the (US) drug war. for example laws that prevent 12 year olds from shooting up with heroin are eminently sensible.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4300722 - 06/15/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shnakboozy said:
saying that i think some drug laws are important is not the same as saying that i support the (US) drug war. for example laws that prevent 12 year olds from shooting up with heroin are eminently sensible.

how is that different?  :confused:

--------------------

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seat belt laws [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4300745 - 06/15/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well if you are telling me that all the war on drugs is about is preventing twelve year olds from shooting up with heroin then you are right, there is no difference. i thought the "war on drugs" was somewhat mroe widereaching, maybe i am wrong!

OnlineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#4300788 - 06/15/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
So you support the Drug War?

That explains it. The issues of the criminalization of drugs and the requirement to wear seat belts are the same, and have the same excuses; that somehow these personal adult issues affect society in such a way that we need to steal from people or put them in jail even if they harm no one else.

A politicians job is to make the public believe that their best interest is your best interest. This is done by selling the public the illusion of safety. It works very well for many things.

--------------------

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Signo]
    #4300790 - 06/15/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Signo said:
Anyone who passed high school physics wears their seat belt. Yes, you can bungee jump without a bungee cord, but no, you shouldn't.

I passed high school physics (got an A on the final exam) and I never wear a seat belt unless the person driving has been drinking (even then rarely) or someone has illegal shit going on.

The risk (to me) isn't great enough for the lack of comfort or hassle.

--------------------
Now go Home.

OnlineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Seat belt laws [Re: EvilEwok]
    #4300795 - 06/15/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

And since you are an adult, that is your choice to make. No one should take your money from you for making that choice.

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: EvilEwok]
    #4300973 - 06/15/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EvilEwok said:

The risk (to me) isn't great enough for the lack of comfort or hassle.

Are you guy like 600 pounds or a midget?

This has always been a pet peeve of mine :evil: i dont even feel the dam thing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder