Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFoci
me?
Loc: north pole
Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds.
    #4299478 - 06/15/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hey guys, for all of you that see the psychiatrist. I need some help on picking some new meds. me= bipolar2, & GAD.

currently i'm on.

xanax
wellbutrin
effexor
adderall

Basically i've been seeing my psych for two years now. i've tried a shitload of different meds. but nothing seems to work. any suggestions on something that has worked well for you? combinations?

i was thinking of trying the combo:

buspar
lexapro

whats SSRI has worked best for you?

+5 :mushroom2: for ANY help.

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: Foci]
    #4299486 - 06/15/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

woah.

man I was diagnosed all fucked up but they never gave me good drugs like those :wink:

my advice is no meds. but I guess if you need them to survive or whatever thats cool.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: Shroomism]
    #4299489 - 06/15/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

my advice is no meds. but I guess if you need them to survive or whatever thats cool.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4299492 - 06/15/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, people here shouldn't be giving you medical advice, we're not doctors. Maybe you should tell your pysche that what he's prescribed you isn't working, not us. I was on a combo of buspar and paxil a while back, but it was for generalized anxiety and depression.

Sometimes doctors actually know what they're talking about ya know :smirk:

InvisibleFoci
me?
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4299504 - 06/15/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trainwreck said: I was on a combo of buspar and paxil a while back, but it was for generalized anxiety and depression

well GAD = general anxiety disorder, how did those two work out for you?

+5ing you guys

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4299505 - 06/15/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Try as few drugs as possible to begin with and tell your doc you want to start with the lowest doses. See how that goes and adjust accordingly. Good Luck.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4299521 - 06/15/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, GAD would mean generalized anxiety wouldn't it. Sorry kinda high and not reading things too carefully.

Anyways, it worked quite well. Now a days I don't take anything regularly, but I do have a script for klonopin to take as needed. Those two meds work good together, and its pretty regularly prescribed. Maybe ask him about those and see what he thinks. Good luck.

InvisibleFoci
me?
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: Vex]
    #4299525 - 06/15/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Vex said:
Try as few drugs as possible to begin with and tell your doc you want to start with the lowest doses. See how that goes and adjust accordingly. Good Luck.

well thats the problem hehe, i've been doing that for 2 years, thats why im trying stronger meds and stuff now and asking for advice :smile:.

maybe i'll think about Nardil... but not sure i want to be on an MAOI

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4299527 - 06/15/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trainwreck said:

Yeah, that's true. Sometimes they do. But what's also true is a lot of psychs and doctors are paid and get a lot of their training by the pharmaceutical companies.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4299531 - 06/15/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:

I concur. It wasn't until I stopped taking meds did my depression finally start to dissapate. While on them, I couldn't help myself get better at all. Absolutely no progression, and now I was a zombie. I numbly thought about taking my life many times, but at others I realized that's totally not me.

Stopped taking them cold turkey and had the most miserable withdrawal of my life. But now I'm doing awesome. Fuck meds, they should only be used as an absolute last resort. The only hard part was dealing with anxiety attacks because I never properly identified them, nor knew how to deal with it. But it's all in your mind. Use YOUR mind to beat whatever psychological problems you have. Drugs won't fix it. If you can beat it then you're set. And if you need some assistance from meds, then use them sparingly and be very careful.

Good luck, man. Not trying to force my opinions down on you, but offer a piece of mind. :sun:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #4299535 - 06/15/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That sucks man. I guess if your bipolar then a cocktail of meds is ok. I think its best to avoid all that though. Ive been taking xanax for a little over a week and love it. But its just a short term solution. Im going to a psych because my dad and mom feel weird perscribing me drugs themselves. I think Im going to try Buspar as every SSRI ive tried SUCKS.

InvisibleFoci
me?
    #4299536 - 06/15/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

Trainwreck said:

Yeah, that's true. Sometimes they do. But what's also true is a lot of psychs and doctors are paid and get a lot of their training by the pharmaceutical companies.

my appointments with my doc last like 5min, i dont think he knows what he is doing, he just gives me new pills and shoves me out the door and tells me to come back in 2 weeks.

--------------------

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4299537 - 06/15/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

that's why you do you research and find a good doctor.  :wink:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: browndustin]
    #4299542 - 06/15/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Also what a lot of people fail to realize is that a lot of diseases, disorders, and depressions stem from a basic lack of a proper diet, water and exercise

--------------------

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

#4299544 - 06/15/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i tried going down the route of taking prescription drugs to help solve my problems. it didn't really work and the side effects seemed to make things worse

the main things that helped me get better were an amazing girlfriend at the time and eating mushrooms, honestly. i am much more happier of a person ever since i tried psychedlics for the first time at 18 years old

like someone said we're not doctors, each "patient" is unique. i have taken wellbutrin, effexor, and various others and i personally didn't like them but drugs might be the answer for some other people.

--------------------

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4299546 - 06/15/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Foci said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

Trainwreck said:

my appointments with my doc last like 5min, i dont think he knows what he is doing, he just gives me new pills and shoves me out the door and tells me to come back in 2 weeks.

and he charges you for that? i might look for someone else if i were you.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #4299555 - 06/15/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

why the hell are you on adderal if you have gad & are bi-polar??? amphetamine is terrible for both of those conditions

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineVex
Stranger
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: Infrared]
    #4299562 - 06/15/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

actually i've been told i have the same shit and adderalls, whenever i take them, really seem to make me feel happy and at ease. it's strange isn't it.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: Vex]
    #4299574 - 06/15/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My experiences have been similar. I felt like they just wanted to shove prescription pills down my throat without ever dealing with the source of the problems. They changed my drugs so many times. And I feel that in hindsight they did much more harm than good. I was just a disturbed teenager, but they were convinced I was bipolar, the next week it was schizoaffective, then severe depression.. nevermind that I scored in the 99th percentile on the intelligence tests.. when really I just needed someone to talk to about my problems, not be pumped full of synthetic drugs.

These drugs may help some people cope with reality but for me they just distorted it. False happiness is what I called it. A chemical smile.

I choose the natural way. Billions of people don't have a depression that can be treated with prescription pills. Depression stems from a number of causes, none of which zyprexa or wellbutrin or paxil is going to solve. Maybe a healthy lifestyle, coupled with a positive outlook on life will help. But I don't want to be addicted to mind-altering chemicals unless I choose to put them into my body under my own free will. Drugs are not the solution to all mental problems, although the pharmaceutical companies would lead you to believe that. They only treat the symptoms. Sure, some pills may be helping some people.. but no one can deny that the pharm corporations are doing it solely for profit, and pills are very much overprescribed, and misdiagnosis happens ALL the time. Consider the death rate of people misprescribed to pills, or who abuse them.

--------------------

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Re: Seeing psych tomorrow, need advice on meds. [Re: browndustin]
    #4299576 - 06/15/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think some people honestly have a chemical imbalance that only drugs can fix. I doubt this is the case with me but who knows. Drugs do allow you to see what your capable of though, kinda like shrooms in an awkward sense.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder