Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePapa_Smurff
Reality Bender

Loc: A Yellow Submarine
Just some more greenhouse/martha closet questions
    #4299514 - 06/15/05 03:14 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I got everything right. I got a greenhouse and I was just wondering about some things. When it comes to humidity, I was going to go with an ultrasonic humidifier. What do you guys think? My room has a few fish tanks in it so the tem is pretty high and so is the humidity so I don't believe that will be a problem. What do you guys think? Am I forgetting anything? And could you give me some hints? Thanks

-Papa Smurff-

--------------------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLeimana
Lunatic

Loc: By the Tum-Tum tree, in u...
Re: Just some more greenhouse/martha closet questions [Re: Papa_Smurff]
    #4299625 - 06/15/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Go with an impeller driven cool mist before (not necessarily instead of) an ultrasonic. It has a squirrel cage type fan in it and provides air exchanges as well as humidity, though not as much humidity as an ultrasonic. I have found that, in my humid environment, my coolmist alone keeps my grow chamber at 98% RH. But, then, the ambient RH in my home ranges from 85-93%!

If your coolmist, running 24/7, does not keep your chamber at the desired humidity, then get the ultrasonic and have it set on a timer to come on only for short periods every couple of hours to inject large amounts of moisture into the chamber. Experimentation will be necessary to see how often, and for how long, to run the ultrasonic.

A hygrometer, a good one, is an invaluable tool for this project, so do find one.

Magash, in his Martha Closet Tek, says he runs his coolmist 24/7 and has the ultrasonic come on for 15 minutes every 2 hours. A good timer for this can be found at your local Home Depot, assuming you are somewhere that has Home Depots, in the security section of the electrical department (not the lighting section. Those are all the less functional timers).

Leimana

OfflinePapa_Smurff
Reality Bender

Loc: A Yellow Submarine
Re: Just some more greenhouse/martha closet questions [Re: Leimana]
    #4311048 - 06/18/05 04:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Leimana, Is their anything else I should know guys?

--------------------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation