Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunearth
Stranger
the more you smoke
    #4178601 - 05/15/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i read on erowid the more you smoke pot the easier you get high so you have a reverse tolerance,but i always hear that when heavy smokers smoke a bowl its more of a chill,but when someone who doesnt smoke so often they get way more high.and my friend said you do build a tolerance.so im hearing a bunch of different things which is correct.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: the more you smoke [Re: unearth]
    #4178619 - 05/15/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Im not sure. My tolerance leveled off years ago. I smoke everday and i can catch a buzz from 1 bong rip of mids still. If i take a day break and the first smoke of the day is usually the best one.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (05/15/05 02:15 PM)

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4178726 - 05/15/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Your tolerance generally goes up, but it can't get so high that it takes ridiculous amounts to get stoned.

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
Re: the more you smoke [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4178862 - 05/15/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

this is a tricky subject. there is definately a tolerance level, but i believe that is simply because a heavy stoner is used to being high so they wouldn't notice that great a difference. this is from experience. an occasional smoker would be more keen to the subtleties of the high, so it is more pronounced. like baraka said if you take a break for a day it seems much better. i'm not sure about a reverse tolerance though this may be explained by the long amount of time thc stays in your system.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4178898 - 05/15/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I find that right now, I feel the effects of weed almost instantly, although I don't really have a tolerance.

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: the more you smoke [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4179006 - 05/15/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

heres my take on it. before, when i would only smoke once in a while, it would take me some time to get high. somethin along the lines of a few bowls with some buddies, and when i'd finally get high, i'd be real high. now that i'm more of a daily smoker, i can feel it after one hit, but even if i smoke a bowl to myself there isn't the same intensity as there used to be. heavy smokers can get high of smaller amounts than occasional smokers but they don't reach the same intensity. thats my two cents.

--------------------
:goose:

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: the more you smoke [Re: Dimmy]
    #4179031 - 05/15/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

it;s because overtime thc builds up in your system so it takes less to get you high... like avorg said

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: the more you smoke [Re: leafing]
    #4179131 - 05/15/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks dimmy,im pretty sure i get it now

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
    #4297290 - 06/14/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

THC does build up in your body, but that is a misunderstood concept. THC is a term used for many cannabinoids, including the body's own endocannabinoids. You see, your body metabolizes the Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol pretty quickly, and it becomes a different form of THC. This THC is inert and will not contribute to being high, which is why THC stays in your sytem well after you are high, it is not the same THC that gets you high. So, the old THC in your system can not contribute to an increase in highness.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: the more you smoke [Re: whatever123]
    #4297727 - 06/15/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It is possible that as a rookie smoker, one might not take a hit in the best possible manner. Not to say that he or she can't figure out how to smoke a damn bowl. Just that (even if they commonly smoke cigarettes) learning to smoke properly, and get the most of every session takes a short while to get the hang of. Many times people won't get high their first few times due to improper smoking technique.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: the more you smoke [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4298015 - 06/15/05 02:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It seems like my body's just become more cognizant of marijuana in general. At first my high's would creep up on me, some strains taking up to 20 minutes before I felt a damn thing!! I'd sneak outside, smoke a joint or some bowls, slither back inside, put away my equipment, wash my hands and brush teeth, then I'd realize I'm hella stoned. That was back in my newbish days.

Now I can toke and feel it almost instantly. I've been smoking the same way, except in the beginning I probably drew and held my smoke for much longer than I even needed to, so it wasn't to do with that. I've noticed a bit of tolerance, and less cev's, but for the most part you should be fine if you switch up your weed. As well as smoke better weed, and you'll still find that it's quite definitely a mild psychedlic. I could be a little off here and there, but for the most part and in most people, it's pretty safely said. But do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

Re: the more you smoke [Re: browndustin]
    #4298509 - 06/15/05 09:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I smoke less than before and it also has changed in effect.
In some 7 years it has gone from ??? drug to stoner drug to panic inducing drug to being more "aware".

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: the more you smoke [Re: otoroko]
    #4298622 - 06/15/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

this is the way i see tolerance and the high quality:

it seems that the main receptor that accepts the main alkaloid of THC (cannibinol in most cases) is always the first to be hit, and the first to be degraded. This rapid degredation allows you to get high each day, while only feeling stoned. However, if one lets the THC work out of their systems for at least a couple weeks, and then takes a good hit of a sativa (or any strain low in cannibinols and high in THCV), they will notice not only a increase in highness, but a considerable difference in trip quality, namely that which is more psychdelic and less opiate like.

my theory is that while the minor receptors that create a more psychdelic quality are quickly blocked, they remain blocked for a far greater period than does the main receptor, hence why a perpetual user can only get stoned, and no longer psychedellicaly trip.

keep in mind this is purely my perceptions and i have only a vague knowledge of how receptors and the like work.

your thoughts?

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
Re: the more you smoke [Re: yousuck]
    #4298989 - 06/15/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yousuck (nice name, BTW), sounds like you may be onto something. When I first started smoking with my buddies in grad school, we would always get really high quality stuff and we'd only do it once a week or so. In fact, smoking a big bowl and heading to our favorite bar to catch the early Happy Hour on Fridays is what we would look forward to all week. It was definitely a far more psychedelic experience than after I started smoking on a daily/almost daily basis. I'd be interested to see if any actual studies have been done on the different ways that different cannabinoids in marijuana affect the brain, but what you've laid out certainly sounds plausible, and matches up well with my own experiences.

- Catch

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: the more you smoke [Re: joeythecatch]
    #4299616 - 06/15/05 01:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i'd be ripped right now if pot was a reverse tolerance  :laugh: :spliff:

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: the more you smoke [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4300119 - 06/15/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

There are two sides to the tolerance issue. This was sort of said before. Yes there is reverse tolerance (for me at least) in the fact that I can get stoned REALLY easily. The bad part of the tolerance issue is that even though i get stoned easily, i can smoke a boatload of weed and not get even close to where a gram to my eye would get me when i first started smoking weed. I guess one upside to this is that I can smoke and not get super super stoned so i can just sort of interact in any situation while high.

Edited by ShroomyTunes (06/15/05 03:52 PM)

Offlinenoely757
Stranger
    #4301400 - 06/15/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys. Just thought i'd put my input. I'm a newbie to growing shrooms(just started 4 days ago check out my post), but i have grown and smoked pot for about 4 years now. I will share what i find to be true myself and in my experience. Over the years i have found that from smoking everyday that it takes more and more to get high, but i will say this when i do take breaks of at least 3 days or more that when i do smoke again i get alot higher than when i smoked on a non regular basis. I have also found this to be true of my close friends(with some exceptions), but through growing and cultivating it i find that it all has to do with the strain. Very similiar to shrooms. For example, Most people would say that when they come down from a good high or during get tired. I can say from growing different strains that i have grown strains that actually make people feel more awake than the usual high. I don't know if this helps any, but just thought i would put in my 2 cents since i have experience with pot as you have all given me your advice with my newly found hobby of shrooms. Thanks everyone..

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: the more you smoke [Re: noely757]
    #4303282 - 06/16/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Things that affect how high you get:

How often you smoke:
If you can smoke weekly or monthly, you wont be as used to the effects so psycologicaly you seem to get higher then a daily smoker.

How much you smoke:
If you are used to huge amounts the small ones wont affect you as much, unless you wean yourself back to smoking small amounts of weed.

How you take a toke:
Inexpirienced smokers may cough smoke up before they can hold it in long. I noticed I get more of a trippy high if I hold it in longer.

The set and setting you smoke:
When I smoke alone I usually just chill and barely think. Cool if you want to chill, but not fun. When I smoke with my two best friends we talk philosophy and try playing mind games, then it becomes funner and more trippy. It's also the place you smoke. Being high in public tends to make me chill more and be more paranoid, but it's still quite the expirience.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Offlinenicoleapril
pretty much
 User Gallery

Loc: MASSACHUSETTS, USA
    #4303733 - 06/16/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i've noticed that i have the complete opposite effect. I think it also depends greatly on the pot that you used to smoke and that you are smoking now. Back in the day i'd smoke about once a month and it would take so long to get me high at least 4 bowls. but the quality of my pot wasnt as good cause i didnt have the greatest connections.
now i smoke like 2-4 times a week with really good bud and my god, do i get high just after one hit and its a good high!, so i say you \m/unearth \m/! just buy very good bud and you will be allllll set! im sorry if this didnt help, if you smoke with ease too, and dont suck in so much at once it hits you better.. thats my logic ha

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: the more you smoke [Re: nicoleapril]
    #4303860 - 06/16/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i think it has to do with different (high quality) weed...(bunk is bunk and i would rather stop smoking if i could only get ammonia smelling, brown stringy bullshit) some gets you stupid high, some gets you lazy high, some get you energetic high, some gets me paranoid ... what i smoke isnt the best by far but i can tell the difference in the highs.... and as far as tolerance goes, i think if you smoke all day long to stay high you build up a tolerance cause you are smoking it constantly and are prob smoking while you are still high just to get higher. here lately i only take like 1 or 2 bonghits b4 i goto work and sometimes i think i'm too high. and then i come home and .. blah blah blah.... my main times to get high is before work, before going to the supermarket (and yes i've been too high for the supermarket),.... oh well.. i smoke before i go anywhere and 'after' i eat (to even off the stomach pressure).. prob like 3-4 times a day and i havent noticed any tolerance much(.... but i definitely get anxious and worried when i'm bout to run out) i guess i wait so long in between bonghits that i'm totally not high when i smoke and its all good for me. has anybody ever smoked salvia???.. when i take a hit of salvia i slow wayyyyy down on smoking weed for like a week (maybe 2 times a day)... i better stop now cause i'm fixin to go somewhere and i need a bonghit.

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck