Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline33L
Stranger

Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: dblaney]
    #4134951 - 05/04/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

pretty interesting thread. glad it was brought back so i could give it a read.

--------------------
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.

Philip Kindred Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerandomdude123456
-
Male
Loc: -
Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: 33L]
    #4134982 - 05/04/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

great timing, just read all 7 pages of the thread, what was the outcome of this research?

--------------------
just think about the future.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: randomdude123456]
    #4146356 - 05/07/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I tried staring at that animation, and it would only spin in one direction. then I stared harder at it and I saw two designs on one sphere spinning in opposite directions...

This was a cool thread, but unfortunately the best trip reports never get finished, like the "A very long walk through nature" thread.

I'm actually thinking about getting a Ph.D in neuroscience and do studies of brainwaves and consciousness. My dream would be to perform psychedelic studies, probably hook up with MAPS or something. Hopefully I could be allowed to grow my own mushrooms legally in an attempt to make a potent strain of shrooms that could be used as a standard way to manufacture psilocybin for studies.

I guess I gotta get done with my general education requirements first.. LOL! A boy can dream can't he?

Offlinembassi
Stranger
Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: ykk]
    #4146595 - 05/07/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think if you keep letting yourself feel nervous about it you might have an upsetting trip. I have always had partially-bad trips when there's something on my mind I feel uncomfortable about.

Maybe let the overseers of the experiment know that you are somewhat nervous and see if they can maybe let you get used to the surroundings of the place a bit before you even take the pill. Or get there an hour early to just hang around and try to calm yourself, talk to the people that will be helping you through this, i think that will help you become most comfortable with this. Getting to know them a little better and making sure you feel they can take care of you is very important for you to stay happy.

You did say you'd post the dosages later, but if they are low enough, you might not have to worry about such loss of reality or bodily control that you would start to panic. The higher the dose, the more reality falters, your body becomes less comfortable and out of your control, etc. Though maybe these effects will be less with the pure psilocybin pills.

Valium is also a viable option. I've heard many a trip has needed a downer (my friend had to knock herself out with trazedone) to stop some impending freak-out.

Basically, I highly advise to know EXACTLY what is going on, educate yourself as much as possible on what you will be doing, who's going to be there, what dosage etc., ANYTHING you can learn will help you feel more in control when you actually start to lose control. It will help to get yourself out of a bad trip or a cycle in which you feel uncomfortable if you can remind yourself of things you know you know and have learned before because of researching and finding out exactly what is happening at all times during your test period.

Enjoy!

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#4147052 - 05/07/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ykk said:

oh, funnily enough some think this is all made up, i dunno, maybe a link to the guys website who was involved in this study will make it more believable?

The published study would suffice for me. Ask the investigator to provide you with the reference when the study is finally published.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4147362 - 05/07/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Wow man, being a psychedelic test subject is my dream job, congrats!  :thumbup: :laugh: :tripping:

--------------------

Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4149741 - 05/08/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

This was a cool thread, but unfortunately the best trip reports never get finished, like the "A very long walk through nature" thread.

well, i did finish the main trip on day one. the mild version truly was mild. an interesting thing to note might be that my soul felt just as rejuvinated after the mild "trip" as opposed to the more strenuous first trip. makes you think about the usefulness of really small doses for therapeutic purposes. as in: gentle rewiring, instead of brute-force with prozac or whatever it may be. anywho:

Quote:

I'm actually thinking about getting a Ph.D in neuroscience and do studies of brainwaves and consciousness. My dream would be to perform psychedelic studies, probably hook up with MAPS or something. Hopefully I could be allowed to grow my own mushrooms legally in an attempt to make a potent strain of shrooms that could be used as a standard way to manufacture psilocybin for studies.

right on, i'm studying psychology right now and will specialize in neuroscience/neuropsychology as well. that stuff can be so damn interesting that it blows your mind, which is irony as far as i'm concerned.
it's also mindblowing how little we know about the brain, eventhough to me, it seems like it would be the very fundamental base of knowledge about the world/everything/nothing.

mbassi: thanks for the concerns and tips, but the experiment happened last year. i just felt like making amends by kinda rounding the thread up, answering questions and just generally poking around the shroomery more often.

badchad: i'm emailing her right now. curious as well.

cheers

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4166081 - 05/12/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Great reports!

Is this research still going on? Are you just waiting for another session?

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleKahSol
Deffinatelystill aStranger.
Loc: Still Searching
Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! *DELETED* [Re: mecreateme]
    #4166523 - 05/12/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by KahSol

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
I was strolling through the park one day...
On a very merry month of May..
When I was taken by surprise!
By a pair of Cube-ee Psi's!
In the merry merry month of May!

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: KahSol]
    #4168682 - 05/12/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

they'll do THC studies if they're aimed at finding the harmful effects of cannabis use, but if they bill them as research for the benefits, they are much less likely to receive grant funding.  there was an article on this once about a doctor who did a study who was rejected at first, then he just reworded the title and a made a few minor adjustments to the overview and it was given the OK.

go figure  :rolleyes:

sweet report ykk, glad someone decided to bump this thread up, had me reading for a good hour!  very cool, interesting stuff.  I hope they made some discoveries too.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: KahSol]
    #4169925 - 05/13/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KahSol said:

Do they even do studys in the U.S. with THC or other drugs anymore?
Or has that all been pretty much outlawed?

Yes, there is still ample research going on, although it's not always aimed at studying the effects of a drug in humans. Go to pubmed and search with the keyword: "hallucinogens". Then click the tab that says "limits" and click the drop down menu under "publication types" to where it says: "clinical trial" and you'll get a load of hits.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinebumpoh
Bwap!
 User Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be test-subject in psilocybin-research! [Re: badchad]
    #4298547 - 06/15/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Im just interested, have you used many psychedelics since the test? i remember you mentioning that you had used mushies before the test, but not for a while...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag