Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Major UFO breakthrough in Brazil [Re: Shroomism]
    #4311840 - 06/18/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Er..does this REALLY belong in this forum? Looks more like S&P material to me....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Major UFO breakthrough in Brazil [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4314251 - 06/19/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

They may not be accepted science.

But the question is why? How can we laugh at something that holds this much data.

It should be science, because somethings going on. Wether you believe it to be E.T or not this should still be studied, yet it is stigmatised. Pushed aside so that scientists will not study this. WHY

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Major UFO breakthrough in Brazil [Re: Ego Death]
    #4314289 - 06/19/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

There is no "data". Only supposed sitings of things that can not be verified. Diploid puts it best by saying that unidentified does not equal alien.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Major UFO breakthrough in Brazil [Re: Redstorm]
    #4315018 - 06/19/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

theres cave paintings from thousands of years ago with pictures of big silvery discs that were drawn in the skies, some even with windows and everything. how can that be explained?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Major UFO breakthrough in Brazil [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4315035 - 06/19/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

theres cave paintings from thousands of years ago

Not so.

The truth is that there are cave paintings which UFOlogists, with no expertise in archeology, misinterpret as depictions of UFOs. This is yet more wishful thinking instead of critical thinking. No archaeologist supports the UFOlogists' conclusions.

See for yourself:

http://www.catchpenny.org/abydos.html

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (06/19/05 08:30 PM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Major UFO breakthrough in Brazil [Re: Diploid]
    #4315042 - 06/19/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4315579 - 06/19/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Why? Because there seems to be little evidence beyond the anecdotal....

Edited by Le_Canard (06/20/05 01:26 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4316165 - 06/20/05 04:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

theres cave paintings from thousands of years ago with pictures of big silvery discs that were drawn in the skies, some even with windows and everything. how can that be explained?

Without talking to tha artist, I don't know if the painting is of a UFO, the moon, a cloud, a bird, a fish, a rock, or something else, perhaps a smudge or a test of ones skills. I would hate to think what people of the future would assume my scribbles are pictures of...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4316285 - 06/20/05 07:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It should be science, because somethings going on. Wether you believe it to be E.T or not this should still be studied, yet it is stigmatised. Pushed aside so that scientists will not study this. WHY

There ARE scientists studying things in the night sky. Teams and teams and teams of them. Watching stars, pointing telescopes up there, etc...

NONE of them are seeing UFOs... you know why? Because they know about the stuff they see in the sky. When they see strange lights, they know what to do; document it, don't jump to conclusions, and investigate further. Then they generally determine what they saw.

Stoned high school dropouts, on the other hand, don't know dick about research or self criticism. They've been sitting around smoking pot and jerking off to their half baked ideas all their lives, and have no motivation to actually look into these things, so they stick to the most exciting idea they can come up with, which tends to be something outlandish like aliens.

There is a lot of data, sure, but it's all anecdotal accounts, mostly from people who know nothing at all about doing research or about critical analysis. When real researchers try to study this and come up with more concrete data... they come up empty handed.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4317659 - 06/20/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
There is no "data". Only supposed sitings of things that can not be verified. Diploid puts it best by saying that unidentified does not equal alien.

Absolute crap lol @ no data

Theres tons of it. NONE OF YOU HAVE RESEARCHED THIS AT ALL.

http://ufos.about.com/library/weekly/aa030298.htm

http://www.ufocasebook.com/1993cosfordshawbury.html

Nick Pope
Disclosure project
Barney and Betty Hill
Belgium UFO wave
Travis Walton

and all the skeptics can really say is 'theres no photos'. Well what about all of this. The tons of solid official evidence for the existance of aliens visiting our planet.

Evidence given by people from the ministry of defence (Nick Pope) still works for them.

Evidence from NASA and NASA's ex-astronauts (check out disclosure project).

Evidence from respected members of the community with nothing to gain by telling lies (Barney and Betty Hill).

A person dissapearing from this planet, an entire state police searching for his body, 3 friends SAW him taken into the alien craft (Travis Walton incident).

Theres fucking tons more evidence, how can anybody claim theres no data!!! Theres so much data that this is an epidemic!

Actually read the links, unbiasdly. Research the phenomena then tell me UFO's don't exist.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Major UFO breakthrough in Brazil [Re: Phluck]
    #4317675 - 06/20/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

>>>When real researchers try to study this and come up with more concrete data... they come up empty handed.

Two words:

NICK POPE

Looks like your the stoned drop-out that don't know dick then eh?

For those of you who don't know; Nick Pope works for the ministry of defence where he has worked in various departments. He still works for them to this day!

He was offered to move departments and work studing the UFO phenomena. He had no prior interest in UFO's or any prior knowledge of the subject. By the time he'd finished working on the governments data, he was absolutely convinced the UFO phenomena is real.

--------------------

Edited by danoEoboy (06/20/05 04:22 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4317693 - 06/20/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Do you belive in God?

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4317709 - 06/20/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No,

I see no reason to.

Man wrote the book which tells of the lies of God to control the common man.

Theres much more evidence and likely hood of alien existance and visitation of Earth than God.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4317755 - 06/20/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think there is just about as much evidence for the existence of God as proof of UFO's.

UFO enthusiasts rely on personal accounts and ancient drawings to support their claims.

Religious folks use personal accounts and various ancient documents.

There is pretty much no difference between the two. Both are based on nothing but blind hope.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4320380 - 06/21/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Not at all.

Has anybody ever claimed to see God (maybe 1 or 2 compared to the billions that have seen UFO's).

Enthusiasts do not rely on just personal accounts.  :rolleyes:  Theres plenty of military evidence (check links I provided).

Theres plenty of accounts from professionals - scientists, astronomers, laywers etc. (DON'T MAKE ME GET ALL MY OLD LINKS OUT - GO RESEARCH FOR YOURSELF / LOOK AND DECIDE THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF BY RESEARCHING UNBIASED EVIDENCE.)

If you don't want to see whats in front of you, then you never will!!! Research the topic properly before commenting on it please!!!

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4320428 - 06/21/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've read all of your links, but they all come from biased sources. They are people who WANT to see them so they do.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4320532 - 06/21/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

smoking pot and jerking off

nothing wrong with that :wink:

have u guys seen the roswell crash video? its even got a Daprtment of Naval Intelligence print on the screen, it was taken from a navy videocamera (also proven through slowing the track down), and it shows pictures of our air force at roswell interrogating an alien which later died due to "chronic health problems"

They even said an alien force later came down and willingly gave up itself to us so we could run tests and be further knowledgeable of their species. The video also said that aliens had wanted tissue matter, from humans, and was willing to trade technological advances for it. (which would probably lead to alot of the encounters people talk about).

Wether or not any of the information itself is real or not, its still information to think about.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #4321659 - 06/21/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

and it shows pictures of our air force at roswell interrogating an alien which later died due to "chronic health problems

I've covered the illogic of this already:

To travel faster than the speed of light would require some fantastic technology, like the ability to create wormholes. While this is theoretically possible, it would require harnessing the energy of roughly an entire galaxy to achieve.

Any creatures so advanced would scarcely be interested in us, and even allowing that they were interested in us, it would be unlikely that so advanced a species would conceivably fuck up so badly as to crash on Earth and die or accidentally expose themselves to us and be seen so often.

And if they don't mind being seen, then why don't they just land in Hawaii and say 'hello'.

have u guys seen the roswell crash video? its even got a Daprtment of Naval Intelligence print on the screen, it was taken from a navy videocamera (also proven through slowing the track down)

Writing on the screen means nothing.

Critical thinkers might wonder if this video might be a hoax like the gazillion avowed hoaxes that spring up all the time.

Besides, this narrow minded (Read: not a critical thinker) view assumes that the only place aliens crash is in the United States. What about all the other countries around the world who would like nothing better than to stick it to the US by 'revealing' an alien crash on their land?

The video also said that aliens had wanted tissue matter, from humans, and was willing to trade technological advances for it.

What's up with this change in your story? I thought you guys said they just abduct us to get tissue samples. You guys really need to get your stories straight or you're going to develop a credibility problem.  :syringe:

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4321716 - 06/21/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

NICK POPE

Looks like your the stoned drop-out that don't know dick then eh?

Well, considering the poor grammar there, no, I'm not. But I'll bite, what's the actual evidence this guy came up with? Just because he convinced himself doesn't mean he had good evidence.

Blurry photos and anecdotes are not evidence.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4321727 - 06/21/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Has anybody ever claimed to see God (maybe 1 or 2 compared to the billions that have seen UFO's).

WTF are you talking about? There are tons of people who claim to see god, and I assure you that there are not "billions" who claim to see aliens.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag