Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarkes
Stranger

Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba?
    #4287104 - 06/12/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would imagine the ginkgo increasing blood flow to the brain would somehow augment the psilocybin's effects.

Does anyone have any information on interactions between shrooms and ginkgo biloba?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: starkes]
    #4288801 - 06/12/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've tried this with dmt and it appeared to increase the intensity. Didn't have to smoke as much as usual to get to the same place, but there may have been other factors involved. Don't know about shrooms and ginko.

--------------------
Put that monkey back in the oven.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: ninjapixie]
    #4288895 - 06/12/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i can understand it with smokable things a little easier that something ate. it increases the flow of oxygen to the brain so it only seems logical but couldnt be sure. i would think there wouldnt be mouch of a differance for shrooms, but just a guess.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinestarkes
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4289994 - 06/13/05 02:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've found that gingko on its own makes colours slightly brighter and generally gives everything a bit more of a rich feeling. I would imagine this would give you even deeper visuals and perception if anything.

With shrooms, I could be wrong but from what I've heard some of the psilocin/psilocybin doesn't get used up and ends up getting pissed out. Could be that increased blood flow in the brain will allow for more absorbtion and leave less waste?

Anyhow, I would imagine there arent any problems mixing the two. I'll check up on it, and as long as there are no interactions I'll try it out in the next couple days and tell you how it goes.

Offlinestarkes
Stranger

#4297608 - 06/15/05 12:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

there doesnt seem to be any problems mixing the two after some research.

Hasnt anyone out there tried this before??

Offlinebenrules92
Tripaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: Ont-hairyohhhh
    #4298288 - 06/15/05 07:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i tried it with mdma and mushrooms ,,, i remember it was a good trip, but thats about it

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: benrules92]
    #4299206 - 06/15/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i know very little about ginkgo biloba, has this increased blood flow to the brain been supported by the medical science community or is this just another ancient chinese myth?

does it need to be constantly used to do the desired effects or will it permenantly increase blood flow after a period of use?

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: yousuck]
    #4299685 - 06/15/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ginkgo reduces the blood's ability to clot (aka:platelet aggregation, be careful what you mix it with), in younger people in good health it will usually have no discernible effect on mental functioning, however in older people whose blood flow may be reduced it can have a beneficial effect.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4299848 - 06/15/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What you said. I doubt it would have much effect if any taken only at the time of tripping.

But if you want blood flow to the brain. Try Vinpocetine. An extract of periwinkle, it increases cerebral synthesis of ATP, the universal curency of energy. It enhances brain metabolism by improving utilization of oxygen. It also increases the synthesis of several neurotransmitters that effect brain functions such as memory recall, focus and mood.

I've been meaning to try this myself. Might work? Can be gotten at the local health food shop.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: Icelander]
    #4301754 - 06/15/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

so this vinpocetine is a organic plant extract?

Offlinesilvanadelucci
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin and Ginkgo Biloba? [Re: yousuck]
    #12316432 - 04/02/10 07:44 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Some studies on rats show that Gingko Biloba has mild MAOI properties, however, this has not been studied in humans as far as I know. MAOIs are a old class of antidepressants and have been known to increase the intensity of a mushroom journey. Syrian Rue is often consumed for this reason. Just FYI, it is estimated that with an MAOI, 2g of dried Mushroom will be comparable to 5g dried without an MAOI.

I know this is an old post, sorry.

Also, a bit of info from a recent personal experience of a friend.
Welbutrin should be avoided during a journey.
My friend took nearly 10 mushrooms and still only experienced muscle spasms. Welbutrin is used to help with smoking cessation by preventing nicotine from being absorbed. I assume it does the same thing with Psilocybin.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale