Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRealnuggetz
Just a friend of the family
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco bay area
Jar problems
    #4295714 - 06/14/05 06:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I know that this same question has probably been asked time and time again. This is my first grow and with all the trouble that has went into this project I am really paranoid about failure. And I know there is nothing wrong with failure your first shot, but through all the research, supplies, and all the trouble I had to go through for spores, I really cant afford to fail. So, I would appreciate it even if you just give me a link.

I inoculated 12 half pint jars with Treasure coast, pink buffalo, and golden teachers on wed. jun 8th. Today, after just getting the temp settled with the use of heatlamps in my incubation room and an indoor/outdoor digital thermometer. Now, on the 14 I have a couple jars with good rizomorphic strands, it white and shiney. others, the colonization seems to be less organized but progressing, and still very white (I am watching these for possible cobweb. But the majority of the jars are showing no signs of colonization at all. The jars where purchased off ebay from mycomonsters. The spores from a shroomey sponsor. I am wondering why this could be. I used around the same amount of spore in each jar, roughly 3cc per jar. Also, how much 50/50 horsepoo/wheatstraw substrate will each jar colonize. I plan on useing a single or double tub. Thankyou

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Jar problems [Re: Realnuggetz]
    #4295806 - 06/14/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I would avoid Ebay, and you will hear that from a good number of Shroomery people.  Ebay cares about Ebay, and they now own Paypal I think too, and shut people off for buying some of this stuff, and have even been known to freeze funds.  Ebay is cool for many things...for this hobby they suck big dong.  As far as many not showing growth...relax....it hasn't been that long.  I can't speak for the buffaloes and the TC's, but my GT's took a long ass time to colonize.  If in a few more days you still see nothing at all in those same jars...maybe they won't go.  Did you shake up the spore syringes prior to inoculating?  The ratio (thanks RK and Agar) is 5 to 1.  Using pints for example....1 pint of spawn to 5 pints of poo.  Save the straw....just use pasteurized poo.  Horse poo already has elements of straw in it, and the use of straw may just allow more opportunity for contaminants.  Did I get that right guys?  :smile:

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineGodspeed
Stranger
Loc: God's Basement
Re: Jar problems [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4295822 - 06/14/05 07:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

3cc's for a 1/2 pint jar is a bit much. i don't think that's contributing to them not colonizing though. i've had ones take 16+ days to start. usually the ones where the inoculation point was in the middle and you couldn't see the mycelium growing until it reached the sides

OfflineRealnuggetz
Just a friend of the family
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco bay area
    #4295837 - 06/14/05 07:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

First off thankyou. that makes sense because the pink buffalo jars are showing the most activity. The substrate was purchased from tenn stud, the 50/50 mix. From now on I guess I will get jus poo. I will start making my own jars and pasturizing my own poo after my first harvest, I need a pressure cooker. I did shake the syrynges. Thankyou very much for your advice

--------------------
Nothin left to do but smile smile smile
ASK ME! about wholesale parcels of raw stones, gems, ect! Deals for the homies here! Also ask me about legal nationwide cbd cancer medicine. My moms friend, a doctor, just moved his whole family to colorado, so his epileptic son could get this tincture, and flies to GA, every week for work, when he could have used this, just in fear of losing his medical license there!

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Jar problems [Re: Realnuggetz]
    #4295869 - 06/14/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You are welcome, and Pressure Cookers rock. PFJARS is good too...but I just did the alien substrate tek and it worked great. Tenn Stud is outstanding though..so you should be fine.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
    #4307412 - 06/17/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i am using mycomonsters...its been 13 days since i knocked them up...and the outside fully colonized yesterday!

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: Jar problems [Re: Billy1111]
    #4307417 - 06/17/05 02:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Mycomonsters is pretty good.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Jar problems [Re: prefloppro]
    #4307631 - 06/17/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

your gonna love those pb's. fast growers and strong as hell. i recomend eating about an oz fresh when they pop up...if you can handle it...

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Offline101NEO
Lowly Shroomer
 User Gallery
Re: Jar problems [Re: Godspeed]
    #4307675 - 06/17/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i don't agree with that. 3cc's is probaly perfect. i used 1 cc per hole with 5 holes and my jars colonized fully in about 21 days with the first signs in about 4-5 days. but i would imagine that it does vary depending on the strain you are growing.

the grow guide will tell you that you shouldn't even worry about it until 2 weeks have passed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation