Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

Loc: la madre Gaia
'Nother Maine Shroomer
    #4273115 - 06/08/05 07:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey all. I've just realized there are finally a few other Maine shroomers, and even more Northeast shroomers here. Before I had nobody to really discuss anything with since everyone was picking the little ones that don't grow around here. Just curious about if anyones had any luck, maybe with subbs. I think it'd be good for us to keep in touch, that way when one of us finds out a certain strain is popping up, then the rest of us can hopefully have some luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

Loc: Maine
Re: 'Nother Maine Shroomer [Re: emeryg89]
    #4277505 - 06/09/05 07:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I completely agree. Was thinking about posting something like this myself.

Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

Re: 'Nother Maine Shroomer [Re: hnc]
    #4292612 - 06/13/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, to start things off, let any of us with experience in Maine state some times of year/locations of where they have previously located some actives. Since the climate here is different than some other places, the seasons posted on the net may be misleading. Since I recently just began mushroom hunting (past couple of years) the only actives I have come across are Amanitas, and plenty of them. The variety around here is Amanita muscaria var. formosa. I've found them orangish-red to whitish-yellow and all in between. The earliest I have seen them are in early-mid August midstate (Peakes Kenny State Park - Dover, ME). I usually a good number around my area, appearing sometime in the fall, usually September-October. The only time I harvested them, I did not dry them efficiently so they all rotted :-( There's always this year though. I live quite close to you HNC. I'm only 30 miles from Bangor, out in Exeter. Lots of cow/horse pastures and woods I shall definately take advantage of this year. I'll get back to you all if I come across anything.

HNC... have you ever found Psilocybe caerulipes? Or Pan. subbs? I know they both grow around here, and the Pans. are quite common. I have read they fruit in Spring and Fall... does that apply here (that is if you have found them before). Well, any other info would be good anways. In the meantime, peace.

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
    #4292695 - 06/13/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would love to know too....the only mushrooms I have found (which I enjoy tremendously.....best mush on the planet in the edible category)is oysters. God they are tasty. I have also found others...they look a bit like the Hammonds.....but in my amateur opinion the Hammonds bear great resemblance to other mushrooms which are not edible or magic...thus I stay away from them. I am in Central Maine as well HC.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Offlineyogafire
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 'Nother Maine Shroomer [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4293412 - 06/13/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I"m finding lots of reishi and sulfur shelf. No Pann SUbbs, but I haven't hit up horse stables yet. I'm looking forward to the Amanita season. What's the dosage of the Maine Amanita, anyone? Are they weaker than Siberean Amanita? I've been having Amanita dreams all winter long...

Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

Re: 'Nother Maine Shroomer [Re: yogafire]
    #4295371 - 06/14/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard Amanita muscaria var. formosa takes a lower dose to do the trick, between 5 and 10 grams is usually what is needed, 10 usually being too intense. As for Maine specifically, I've no idea, as I've never tested them, but soon hopefully that shall change. I recently had two dreams of mushrooms... one of which I looked out my window to notice a shitload of patches of Pan. subbs and paps. I went outside and started filling a bag but never got to test them in the dream. Last night in my dream I saw a huge pile of horse shit and was going to go investigate it for shrooms but got side-tracked and didn't get too.

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

#4299919 - 06/15/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Found 1 single Pan Subb today at the racetrack, going out in a few to check some other places. As far as the A. Muscaria var Formosa.. they're everywhere towards the end of summer and fall. I haven't paid them much interest.. sort of sketched out by'em. If any of you guys give'em a go I'd definitely like to hear what comes of it. Might post later tonight if I find anything at the other places in the area.

Almost forgot, I realized that I'm competing with at least 2 other people for the mush at the tracks... going to have to start going out a lot earlier I think..

I also think it would be a good idea to add each other to our address books so we can keep each other up to date on finds, locations, etc. etc.

Offlineyogafire
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4300128 - 06/15/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've never eaten Amanitas before, but I have read a lot about them. I'm looking forward to the experience, I hope i'm up to it.

I'm not terribly shroomery.org saavy, could someone let me know about the address books?

What's up with this recent cold weather? Will this give us the proper cold shock needed for a larger fruiting when the weather gets warmer?

Love and light!

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #4300171 - 06/15/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yogafire said:
I've never eaten Amanitas before, but I have read a lot about them. I'm looking forward to the experience, I hope i'm up to it.

I'm not terribly shroomery.org saavy, could someone let me know about the address books?

What's up with this recent cold weather? Will this give us the proper cold shock needed for a larger fruiting when the weather gets warmer?

Love and light!

Just some advice I would stick to the psilocybin mushrooms over amanita, I'v never had a good trip and alot of people have really bad ones. But its up to you and if you enjoy amanita have at it.

--------------------

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

#4300403 - 06/15/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yogafire, just click on the users name and select "add to addressbook" from the options at the bottom of the profile.

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

Re: 'Nother Maine Shroomer [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4300411 - 06/15/05 04:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah thats why I've held off thus far, I don't trust'em.

Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

#4309090 - 06/17/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Amanita experiences are one of those experiences where only some would enjoy it and others not. The experiences are vastly different from muscimol to psilocybin. Psilocybin can be for some simply an entheogen just to 'chill out' or 'have fun'. But muscimol is more of a introspection mind-bending conscious expansion experience. Not that magic mushrooms are not, but they are so in a different fashion.

I've recieved confirmed sightings of some Pan. papps. if that means anything to anyone. I've always known it to be a sign Pan. subbs. will indeed be coming up. I've had some confirmation on what were small mushrooms at the time (still under the patties) but they might very well be Pan. subbs. sometime soon. The rain is suppose to let up in a couple of days to be very sunny and humid. Sounds like a day to me :-)

Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

#4344381 - 06/27/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A bunch of tha Pan. papps. were picked and tested for activity by a few people. They reported mild effects, including euphoria. They basically said it felt like being stoned, but with nothing else to compare it to because of lack of experience, I can understand this. So are Pan. papps. indeed active? Who knows... there may have been a few subbs. mixed in with them, but when they were being picked, they all looked like papps. to me. Anyone find subbs. up here yet? Maybe they won't be back around 'till fall because of the odd weather.

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

#4346275 - 06/28/05 09:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think I heard that Panaeolus Papillionaceus is inactive, could be wrong though.

Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

#4351992 - 06/29/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've read both ways... that's why it was decided to test them anyways, because they are thought to be harmless if inactive.

Offlinekam
Stranger

Loc: Vermont
    #4352184 - 06/29/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'd just like to let you guys know I'm another Northeast 'shroom hunter. I'm from Vermont, and I find many chanterelles, chicken-fat suilus, boletes, and some other edibles. I've found Gymnopilus spectabilis, although they were a bit gone by. Also, I've seen and printed a fair number of Panaeolinus foenescii, when looking for subbalteatus. There have been mushrooms similar in appearance to what I've seen of Psilocybe caerulipes, but I haven't printed them or checked them out closely.

As for the edibles, the season is well under-way. I at some morels a few weeks ago, and picked the first lot of chanterelles today (there are many more out there!). Hopefully, we'll all find loads of subbs and big laughing gyms this year!

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4352436 - 06/29/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, all... just a comment on Amanita Muscaria. I'm in Humboldt California, right now, but moving to the Eastern US next month. So, I hope I can find some Amanita Muscaria's there (sounds like August should be perfect for picking them in *location deleted*). I know the poster's in Maine, but I wanted to comment re: Amanita Muscaria.

Yeah, a dose of 5-10 grams (dry) is about right. I've eaten Amanita Muscaria (Soma), locally picked, about 25 times. I've also found many, many Psilocybe Cyanescens locally, so I feel somewhat qualified to state that Amanita is definately different from Psilocybe, but, in my humble opinion -- Soma is superior to any drug, food, or medicine on Earth. Soma is the Spirit of God. It is the Holy Grail, Paracletes, the Comforter sent from Above for Human Beings.

For information on Soma, see www.jamesarthur.net , or http://redangels.yage.net, or read Sacred Mushrooms in Religion and Alchemy by Clark Heinrich, or Soma, the Divine Intoxicant by R. Gordon Wasson.

Soma can be scary. For me, I know it's going to work when I start to get twitching hands and fingers, but I've never had any "bad trips" on Soma. On the contrary, it's a strength and intelligence magnifier, that can bring serenity and peace. I suppose if someone ate a whole bunch of them you might get sick.

I can't comment on the "Formosa" variety, but my guess is that it is just as good as the (unknown?) variety that I've picked and eaten many times. And before you tell me that it's "risky" to eat Amanita Muscaria when you don't know the specific variety, all I can say is Soma told me that it's o.k. Just be sure it's dried to 140 degrees to do the conversion and take it easy when you start out. And, obviously, make sure it's Amanita Muscaria var. whatever and not the Destroying Angel, or the Panther Mushroom...

Well, I apologize if I'm long winded. But, again 5-10 grams sounds about right. I'm going to start out at exactly that rate when I pick them beauties in upstate NY. And, as far as other species, I will be watching these boards with interest because it sounds like there's at least one or two species in the Northeast of the Psilocybian Variety.

Peace

Edited by BobHumboldt (12/08/05 05:42 AM)

Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

Re: 'Nother Maine Shroomer [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4359301 - 07/01/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I recently recieved a report of spotting of a few Amanita muscaria var. formosa at Peakes Kenney State Park. I have not investigated this yet, but I don't doubt it because I've seen them there myself earlier in the year than anywhere else. I'll let ya'll know when I go check.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4359424 - 07/01/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you might also want to expand your searching for Liberty Caps, Psilocybe semilanceata, in Maine.

Invisibleemeryg89
Are we God yet?
 User Gallery

Re: 'Nother Maine Shroomer [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4369202 - 07/04/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I do plan on it, but they shall not be out for awhile I don't think... August or September or so.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale