Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
"New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more"
    #4295300 - 06/14/05 05:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more"
Fox News | 6/14/05

Richard Tofel, director of what was supposed to have been the 9-11 Memorial in New York, was just interviewed on Fox. He reluctantly admitted that the site will house instead something called the American Freedom Memorial, intended to "celebrate American freedom." There will be a 9-11 museum. However, other competing museums on the site will be dedicated to evil white European males' slaughter of American Indians, evil white European males' creation and maintenance of the black slave trade, and other museums "for which the details have not yet been determined."

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4295308 - 06/14/05 05:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I wish they would just leave a big hole in the ground surrounded by a chain link fence instead of all this political correctness shit.

how did this memorial turn into Kill the White Man?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4295325 - 06/14/05 05:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Michelle Malkin | THE DESECRATION OF GROUND ZERO

MOST AMERICANS have not been paying attention to the bureaucratic wrangling and political jockeying that has plagued the construction of the World Trade Center Memorial at Ground Zero in lower Manhattan. But it's not just New Yorkers and developers and 9/11 families who should care.

A good portion of the project is federally subsidized. All of us have not only a financial stake, but also a moral stake, in protecting the honor of the victims - and the dignity of our country.

A Blame America Monument is not what we need or deserve. But it looks like one is already in the works. In a startling op-ed printed in the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday, Debra Burlingame exposed the "Great Ground Zero Heist."

Burlingame is on the board of directors of the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation and the sister of Charles F. "Chic" Burlingame III, pilot of American Airlines flight 77, which terrorists crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11. She reports that the Trade Center memorial will encompass a "cultural complex" whose primary tenant will be something called the "International Freedom Center."

According to an IFC fact sheet, the project "will be an integral part of humanity's response to Sept. 11." An educational and cultural center will host exhibits, lectures, debates and films "that will nurture a global conversation on freedom in our world today." Tellingly though, as Burlingame notes, early plans for the center that included a large mural of an Iraqi voter were scratched in favor of a photo of Martin Luther King Jr. and Lyndon Johnson when the designs went public. So much for nurturing that global conversation.

The center's "civic engagement network" will connect visitors to "service" opportunities. Translation: Left-wing activist recruitment center. As the fact sheet notes, "leading NGOs (non governmental organizations) will be offered outposts at the Center to reach out to its visitors."

On its face, the project may seem fairly unobjectionable (putting aside how far afield it all seems from the task of remembering the victims and heroes of 9/11) - until, that is, you take a closer look at the chief movers and shakers behind the project.

Tom Bernstein, Hollywood moneyman and real estate mogul, is the primary driver behind the IFC. Bernstein's longtime friendship with Yale classmate George W. Bush gives cover to his radical activism as president of Human Rights First. The group opposed Bush Attorney General Alberto Gonzales over the administration's preventive detention policies and has joined with the ACLU in mau-mauing the Pentagon over alleged prisoner abuse.

Among the many scholars consulted on the project is Eric Foner. He's the unhinged Columbia professor who reacted to 9/11 by griping: "I'm not sure which is more frightening: the horror that engulfed New York City or the apocalyptic rhetoric emanating daily from the White House."

The IFC's list of scholars and advisers also includes left-leaning elites like as Henry Louis Gates at Harvard; Stephen B. Heintz, IFC secretary and president of the Rockefeller Bros. Fund; Walter Isaacson, CEO of the Aspen Institute, and Michael Posner, executive director of Human Rights First.

Burlingame also reports that Anthony Romero, ACLU executive director, "is pushing IFC organizers for exhibits that showcase how civil liberties in this country have been curtailed since Sept. 11." Then there's billionaire Bush-basher George Soros, who Burlingame reports is an early funder and supporter of the IFC and whose spirit infuses this grievance-mongering enterprise.

Do we really want Ground Zero to be the playground of anti-war financiers, moral-equivalence peddlers and Guantanamo alarmists? As Burlingame told me, "Ground Zero belongs to all the American people. If Ground Zero is lost, whether through negligence or malfeasance, it will be a loss that is felt for generations to come."

In a statement, Richard Tofel, IFC president, told me that "we understand that a few" don't agree with the project's stated mission of promoting the "cause of freedom." The question is not whether most Americans support a monument to freedom, but whether they'll stand by while saboteurs convert it into the Ultimate Guilt Complex.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4295378 - 06/14/05 05:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah...can't we just forget about all that stuff already? it was a long time ago after all.

The fact that congress is just getting around to apoligize for blocking anti-lynching laws for decades doesn't tell us anything does it.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: Vex]
    #4296122 - 06/14/05 08:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

so you want a anti lynching museum? that's fine by me.

but why put it at a 9-11 memorial.

this was suppose to be for the victims of 9-11.

What about the fact that various warring African tribes that sold their own people into slavery?

are they going to cover that????? as well as ongoing slavery thats still in existence in East Africa?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4296138 - 06/14/05 08:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Throw that shit in that building and it deserves another 9-11. At night of course, when no one will be harmed.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: looner2]
    #4296183 - 06/14/05 08:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, I agree. this is PC bullshit. I vote that we just leave the empty fucking hole there.

I am surprised they are not putting an Islamic Tolerance section at the memorial.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4297401 - 06/15/05 01:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

That's like "saying how did the 9/11 part of the memorial turn into 'Kill Osama'". How much time should pass before we should forget about past atrocities?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Johnny Price- Marijuana, The Devil Flower

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: Learyfan]
    #4297427 - 06/15/05 01:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Not really, because Osama was actually connected in some way, shape or form to 9/11. The Indians from 300 or 400 years ago and the black slaves from 150 years ago have no relevance to 9/11 at all.

Why not make the spot a memorial for victims of the Hiroshima/ Nagasaki bombings?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4297647 - 06/15/05 02:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
I wish they would just leave a big hole in the ground surrounded by a chain link fence instead of all this political correctness shit.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: Ravus]
    #4297682 - 06/15/05 02:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:Why not make the spot a memorial for victims of the Hiroshima/ Nagasaki bombings?

There is one. Its in Japan where the people died.

Just like we have memorials for slaves, native Americans, and 911 victims here in America, because this is where they died.

Each of these deserve there own memorial. Shoving them in together, I think, dilutes them.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: DieCommie]
    #4298941 - 06/15/05 12:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Heh, it is NYC, the town't COMPACT...

The new WTC compound will also have OFFICE SPACE, a subway station, TOURIST SOUVINEER STORES and a MALL! None of these things honor 9-11 either, nor do they have anything to do with the 9-11 attack.

Ironically, the first WTC was architecturally inspired by MECCA... and it was the capitalist use of this Mecca-like space (and the Architectural popularity of the WTC in the Middle Ease, where the building was more iconic of America than perhaps, here in the states) which made the WTC terrorist target #1.

WTC

Mecca

http://slate.msn.com/?id=2060207

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: Rose]
    #4299434 - 06/15/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think they should just build another world trade center.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4299895 - 06/15/05 04:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think, to honor the dead and the American way of life, the biggest Walmart ever should be built on the site of ground zero.

Oh wait...Walmart is banned from New York City, so perhaps just a shopping mall.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: moog]
    #4302644 - 06/16/05 07:30 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The WTC WAS the biggest shopping mall in NYC... most Americans do not realize this. The Mall was in the Basement and it was fucking huge.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: Learyfan]
    #4303297 - 06/16/05 01:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

That's like "saying how did the 9/11 part of the memorial turn into 'Kill Osama'". How much time should pass before we should forget about past atrocities?

Maybe we should build a mandatory "WHITE MEN ARE EVIL" statue on any new thing, just so that "we" don't forget about those slaves that I owned. Boy this cotton sure is hard to pick without the nigger that I, myself, personally owned. Damn shame.

i'm sure that you'd support this, maybe a "Communism Killed Three Times More than Hitler" statute everywhere? I'm sure that you'd love that!

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: Ravus]
    #4303673 - 06/16/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Not really, because Osama was actually connected in some way, shape or form to 9/11. The Indians from 300 or 400 years ago and the black slaves from 150 years ago have no relevance to 9/11 at all.

Why not make the spot a memorial for victims of the Hiroshima/ Nagasaki bombings?

sounds like it's a memorial designed to memorialize terrorism
in it's various incarnations over the past century.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: afoaf]
    #4303709 - 06/16/05 03:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Slavery wasn't terrorism.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: looner2]
    #4303863 - 06/16/05 03:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Terrorism -

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

=======================================================

I think I disagree.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: "New York 9-11 Memorial will include museums on Indian genocide, black slavery genocide, more" [Re: afoaf]
    #4303871 - 06/16/05 03:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

With that definition, the civil rights movement was terrorism as well.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion