Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

popcorn vs wbs... question for ppl that have tired both...
    #4293861 - 06/14/05 02:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

well ill give ya all the long version for my question..:)  well my first atempt was with cakes.. didnt work out and i didnt like all the work it took just to do 12 1/2 pt jars.. so i was reading and found out about popcorn and it seemed realy interesting and i treid it and man it was so easy..  so once my jars were ready to go i folowed the 50/50+ tec and made up 3 casings.. and everythign is going good.. im on my 3rd flush and im getting about 1 oz +/- a few grams wet weight per flush (heres a pic of my casing on there first flush) but as i was reading some posts i read that ppl were sayign popcorn isnt good to case that you should you WBS.. and popcorn is for spawn (im still a noob so i take that as mixin with poop or straw.. yes... no..??:) )  i was just wondering if anyone has tried casing with WBS and popcorn and witch one is better?? the popcorn is working out awsome for me.. so i dont wanna change up my whole system if there woudlnt be a noticable diffrence..  sorry for the long winded question :sad:  but any info  from ppl that have tried both or ppl that have only tried one of the ways would be realy nice:)

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

Loc: Southwest
Re: popcorn vs wbs... question for ppl that have tired both... [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4293968 - 06/14/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think I might be in the minority here, but I have a side by side run going right now of popcorn, and WBS....and the WBS jars like 70-95% done where as the popcorn jars are like at 20-30%....but it was my first try at popcorn. But there is still hope....

Keep in mind this is ONLY my experience.

--------------------
A piece of advice before we part:
Don't knock of Death's door. Instead ring Deaths doorbell and run away, Death really hates that!

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: popcorn vs wbs... question for ppl that have tired both... [Re: Se77vN]
    #4293988 - 06/14/05 03:03 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've read that it fruits poorly by itsself.

I'm trying it was well...

Last time I tried it , it went green...
I used a syringe - Mulispores :thumbdown:

This time i decided to do a grain to grain, figured it'd colonize quicker...so that way it'd take over faster and i'd have to worry less about bacteria PERIOD.

Anyways...You could mix it, but i'm sure WBS by itself is better...

And SPAWNING is when you take a fully colonizaed cake...and mix it with something that is UNCOLONIZED.

As in...Using your WBS as spawn for cow poo or horse poo...

And Grain to grains are when you put a little bit in your uncolonized jar...:smirk:

Tc & Gl

-Gnostic

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: popcorn vs wbs... question for ppl that have tired both... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4294057 - 06/14/05 03:26 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

this is what i would do if i grew Cubes. Go to a feed store near you and buy some rye. also if they have it get some wheat or oat bran. Now follow whatever tek you want for your rye. BAsically soak 24 hours simmer for another 30 min if you want. strain it. Load it up and add about 10% wheat bran. The wheat bran dry will soak up residue moistre that usually causes kernels to burst. Also adds protein N and cellulose. This is a high tryptophan / nutrient substrate. case that and you'll be a happy person

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offlinecasper7512
Danger
Loc: Shaolin
Re: popcorn vs wbs... question for ppl that have tired both... [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4294373 - 06/14/05 07:48 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

rye is awsome :headbanger:

--------------------

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: popcorn vs wbs... question for ppl that have tired both... [Re: casper7512]
    #4297301 - 06/15/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

kewl, ty all for the input:) dose the WBS/popcorn/Rye make a diff to the potency?? and just a general question is a wet weight of 1 oz per flush pertty good, i used 1 jar of popcorn(not sure of size it has mesurments up to 4 cups on it) per casing.. and to get big shrooms is it just strain by strain diff or is it in your tecniqe?? or both??

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation