Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Two men (make that 4) charged with mushroom possession [FL]
    #4289082 - 06/12/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Two men charged with mushroom possession
June 12, 2005 - sun-herald.com

Two Cape Coral men were charged with possession of mushrooms and trespassing after they were found collecting the narcotic in eastern Charlotte County.

Justin E. Valo, 26, and Christopher S. Correia, 22, were booked at the Charlotte County Jail on Friday.

Valo was charged with possession of psilocybin (mushrooms), giving a false name to a law enforcement officer and trespassing on property. Correia was charged with possession of psilocybin and trespassing on property.

Valo was released from the jail after posting $4,500 bond and Correia was released on $3,500 bond.

Edited by veggie (06/13/05 07:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Two men charge with mushroom possession [FL] [Re: veggie]
    #4289113 - 06/12/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Two men charged with mushroom possession [FL] [Re: veggie]
    #4289276 - 06/12/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

damn thats alot of money!!!

and is this Florida? isn't it legal to have fresh mushrooms?

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Two men charged with mushroom possession [FL] [Re: Psilygirl]
    #4289617 - 06/13/05 12:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I got picked up with three pounds and my bail was $15,000

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Two men charged with mushroom possession [FL] [Re: Psilygirl]
    #4290187 - 06/13/05 04:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think the tresspassing part, makes the fresh shrooms worse.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Two men charged with mushroom possession [FL] [Re: veggie]
    #4292867 - 06/13/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

*update* It was 2, now it's 4 - same property

Charlotte cops bust 4 for picking "shrooms"
June 13, 2005 - news-press.com

A search for wild, psychedelic mushrooms landed four Lee County men in jail after Charlotte County deputies caught them trespassing on the same private property Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

An east Charlotte County rancher and one of his employees caught two Cape Coral men at about 7:28 p.m. Friday on his ranch near SR 31 and Bermont Road. They held the men until deputies arrived.

Justin Erik Valo, 26, 2218 NE 5th St., and Christopher Stephen Correia, 22, 423 SW 39th St. Varo said they were searching for mushrooms and knew they were trespassing on private property.

The mushrooms produce hallucinations similar to the drug LSD.

The same rancher called deputies again at 12:15 p.m. Saturday when he found a vehicle parked by a gate to his ranch. When deputies arrived, they spotted two men about 250 feet off the road. They were seen discarding plastic bags that contained mushrooms.

Deputies arrested Darren Robert Hower, 32, 2115 NE 3rd Terrace, Cape Coral, and Andrew McNamara, 47, 900 Hibiscus Lane, Fort Myers. According to deputies, that pair admitted they trespassed, but had not set out to harvest mushrooms. They just saw them and wanted to get high.

Deputies discovered a variety of pills in a blank prescription bottle in their car.

All four were charged with trespassing on private property and possession of schedule-1 drugs, in this case psilocybin mushrooms.

Hower was additionally charged with possession of schedule-4 drugs, in this case Diazepam, and possession of prescription drugs without a prescription.

All were taken to the Charlotte County Jail. Valo, Correia and McNamara have been released on bond. Hower remains in jail.

* Related Story: 4 arrested for picking psychedelic mushrooms

Edited by veggie (06/13/05 07:55 PM)

Offlinesunerok
Stranger
Re: hi, im one of the four. [Re: veggie]
    #18418998 - 06/14/13 01:52 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

hi guys! i am justin from the above mentioned article, figured id sign up n give everyone an update years later lol.. i realize it can possibly help people in my state in the future.. sorry im a slacker n this took so long, but its been a long strange trip ;D  all my charges were dropped, because of a 1970s case from collier county in florida determining that the mushrooms themselves are not technically a "container of psilocybin". i just had to bail out, and since i used a bailbondsman and didnt pay the court directly, i dont get that money back. had i have to do this again, id pay the court the full amount for bond directly n get it all back after the charges got dropped. basically they can arrest you and charge for this, but it doesnt stick n gets dropped. take care all and enjoy life =]

here is the information for if you are arrested for mushrooms in florida:
1978,  Fiske V Florida. The Supreme Court of Florida found that Psilocybin mushrooms could not reasonably be considered "containers" of the schedule I substance psilocybin. The court essentially held that if the Florida legislature wished to make wild psilcybin mushrooms illegal, it would have to name them in the law and Florida. The court ruled: "the statute does not advise a person of oridinary and common intelligence that this substance is contained in a particular variety of mushroom. The statute, therefore, may not be applied constitutionally to [the defendent Fiske who was caught with freshly picked psilocybes]."

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Re: hi, im one of the four. [Re: sunerok]
    #18419352 - 06/14/13 03:28 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Getting off or not depends on what you say or don't say to the cops/courts.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract