Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: fast life and free time [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4286364 - 06/12/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That was a good analysis of why people have become so impatient Skorp. Wood, I think he was being sarcastic about calling it "progress".

It got me to thinking of how a lack of patience can act as a set back to our progress as a developing race of human beings.

I'll start a post on the virutes of patience. If it gets a lot of insightful replies, we can see some of what we are giving up progressing in a world where we grow to expect to get things more quickly because we can as technology barrels forward.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: fast life and free time [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4291436 - 06/13/05 01:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think the phrase "stop and smell the roses" accurately reflects what is lost when humans succumb to Hurry Disease.  The sensual appreciation of our daily experience requires time and relaxation. 

Why should sensuality be reserved for vacations to exotic locales?
I work full-time in a downtown office (in a fairly small town, but still watching cars drive by on Main Street all day!) and I MAKE the time to use my senses every day.

It could be as simple as rolling down my window as I drive to my son's pre-school, allowing the scent of new-mown grass and blooming roses to move through my car.

Some days it is as involved as using half my lunch hour to hike up into the hills nearby, intentionally tuning in to my surroundings and building gratitude for my embodiment on this gorgeous planet.

I have heard excuses from other women in my circumstances: single mom, full-time job, no discretionary income, etc... all the reasons they believe they MUST be stressed-out, hurried, impatient, rude to everyone who slows them down for more than a few seconds.

I lived that way for years, and believed I was investing myself in progress.  If I was busy, I must be important!  Now I think that my life is TOO important to be busy.  My sons spend time with me, or by themselves, not rushing from activity to activity.  I spend my evenings reading or connecting with my family, not watching 4 hours of TV.  These are deliberate choices which go against the "norm."

I get everywhere I want to go in the SLOW LANE.  :grin: :thumbup:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: fast life and free time [Re: Veritas]
    #4292227 - 06/13/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I enjoyed that reply Veritas!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds