Home | Community | Message Board


High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Registered: 09/25/04
Posts: 675
Loc: SoCal
Jackson
    #4291921 - 06/13/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

found not guilty???????

and you say there's a god??


--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain
       



     
Hotter than the left sink handle.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 01/09/03
Posts: 19,274
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Jackson [Re: uriahchase]
    #4291925 - 06/13/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Money always trumps justice. See OJ Simpson.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Registered: 02/01/05
Posts: 4,033
Loc: mountains and lakes
Last seen: 10 years, 1 month
Re: Jackson [Re: uriahchase]
    #4291948 - 06/13/05 05:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

1. how do you know for sure if he is guilty or not?

2. What does that hve to do with god? Should god turn everyone in the courtroom into mindcontrol zombies and do the trial himself?

3. Why would god support sending someone to jail?


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Registered: 07/18/03
Posts: 7,991
Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Jackson [Re: uriahchase]
    #4291974 - 06/13/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I never claimed there was a God, but in law there's a concept called "innocent until proven guilty". This story's evidence had too many holes in it to filter even Swami's big brain.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Registered: 09/25/04
Posts: 675
Loc: SoCal
Re: Jackson [Re: Ravus]
    #4292031 - 06/13/05 05:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

this was not the first time some littkle boy cried "Jackson", but still nobody beleives him like the little boy who cried wolf..

basically now jackson can molest little children as long as he lives and no one will question him again. it's fucked up!

my homie gets 5 years for 1 3/4 lbs. of weed, and Jackson can touch kids, and all he gets is publicity.


--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain
       



     
Hotter than the left sink handle.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Registered: 07/18/03
Posts: 7,991
Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Jackson [Re: uriahchase]
    #4292045 - 06/13/05 05:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm guessing your homie had more evidence against him than Jackson then.

And prior accusations don't mean shit if there wasn't a conviction. Without a finding of guilty, those kids' accusations mean nothing more than the screaming of random words.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 01/09/03
Posts: 19,274
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Jackson [Re: Ravus]
    #4292052 - 06/13/05 05:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

And prior accusations don't mean shit if there wasn't a conviction.

You can't convict when the star witness is bought off by an 'undisclosed amount'.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Registered: 07/18/03
Posts: 7,991
Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Jackson [Re: Diploid]
    #4292074 - 06/13/05 05:54 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Nevertheless, what do you expect the law to do? If Jackson paid someone to stop the spread of bad publicity and there was no guilty verdict, it has no legal relevance.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 05/25/05
Posts: 7,021
Loc: California
Re: Jackson [Re: uriahchase]
    #4292086 - 06/13/05 05:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

uriahchase said:
this was not the first time some littkle boy cried "Jackson", but still nobody beleives him like the little boy who cried wolf..

basically now jackson can molest little children as long as he lives and no one will question him again. it's fucked up!

my homie gets 5 years for 1 3/4 lbs. of weed, and Jackson can touch kids, and all he gets is publicity.




true true :frown:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Registered: 11/08/98
Posts: 2,261
Loc: non-local
Re: Jackson [Re: eligal]
    #4292162 - 06/13/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder who the accuser's family will try to shake down now?

Get a job.


--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 08/07/04
Posts: 2,368
Re: Jackson [Re: Jellric]
    #4292222 - 06/13/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This is a great example of Platonic knowledge. Everything everyone knows about Jackson is imagined. It is not real knowledge. You have no way of knowing if he's guilty or not. Everything you know about what happened is given to you by other sources...you have not experienced the situation yourself.

Just because he is extremely eccentric does not mean he has sex with children.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Registered: 05/17/03
Posts: 93,259
Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Jackson [Re: uriahchase]
    #4292303 - 06/13/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The man's more than a bit freaky, but that doesn't make him guilty. That kid's mother sounded like a gold-digger anyway.....


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 07/01/03
Posts: 16,291
Loc: Flag
Re: Jackson [Re: uriahchase]
    #4293213 - 06/13/05 11:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see how they could have found him guilty.

There was no evidence of him "molesting" anyone.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Registered: 03/15/05
Posts: 93,974
Loc: underbelly
Re: Jackson [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4294517 - 06/14/05 10:43 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
1. how do you know for sure if he is guilty or not?

2. What does that hve to do with god? Should god turn everyone in the courtroom into mindcontrol zombies and do the trial himself?

3. Why would god support sending someone to jail?




:thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 23,480
Loc: Caribbean
Last seen: 23 days, 10 hours
Re: Jackson [Re: Icelander]
    #4294631 - 06/14/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't follow the trial very closely, but I did read the highlights of what happened each day. When the prosecution finished, but before the defense started, I claimed that there wasn't enough evidence to convict Jackson of the molestation charges. After the defense finished up, I felt that there wasn't enough to convict on any of the charges. The only thing that surprised me is how long it took the jury to reach a verdict. I guess they had to reach 10 verdicts, so I understand.

I honestly do not know if Jackson has molested young boys or not. He is an odd duck and I can see him simply wanting to have the childhood that he was denied. I can also see vulturistic people wanting to get rich quickly at Jackson's expense.

> Money always trumps justice. See OJ Simpson.

I disagree, at least with Jackson. I didn't get the impression that his money had anything to do with the juries verdict.

> This story's evidence had too many holes in it to filter even Swami's big brain.

The prosecution did not present enough evidence to convict.

> basically now jackson can molest little children as long as he lives and no one will question him again.

And OJ can kill as many people as he wants and get away with it and no one will question him again? Your logic is flawed. If anything, people will be quicker to attack than before.

> Jackson can touch kids, and all he gets is publicity

You consider what he got to be good publicity? Again, there was no proof that Jackson 'touched' any children.

> You can't convict when the star witness is bought off by an 'undisclosed amount'.

Assumption that the star witness was actually molested and not after an 'undisclosed amount' of money. Actually, the amount was disclosed to be 20 million. The star witness could easily have prosecuted first and sued second had they been after retribution rather than money.

> I wonder who the accuser's family will try to shake down now?

Exactly.

> Just because he is extremely eccentric does not mean he has sex with children.

Another exactly.

> That kid's mother sounded like a gold-digger anyway.....

Not only did she sound like a gold-digger, she had a proven history of it.

> I don't see how they could have found him guilty. There was no evidence of him "molesting" anyone.

That is how I feel as well. I don't know if he did it or not, but the prosecution in the case did not produce any evidence of him molesting anyone. The case should have never gone to trial as weak as it was.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 01/09/03
Posts: 19,274
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Jackson [Re: Seuss]
    #4294926 - 06/14/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not convinced one way or another, though I think he's freaky enough to have done it, but for the sake of discussion:

[devil's advocate on]

The prosecution did not present enough evidence to convict.

-The boy's testimony was clear and graphic.

-The boy's brother said he saw MJ's hand in the boy's undies on two occasions while he slept; MJ didn't notice he was looking.

-The boys' sister was NEVER invited into MJ's room.

-Assorted other testimony shows Neverland to be distinctly boy-centric.

-A security guard says he saw MJ and the boy through the glass in the shower; the boy's undies were on the floor.

-A flight attendant on MJ's airplane testified that she saw MJ give alcohol to the boy.

-A psychologist testified that he didn't think the boys were lying.

-The boy accurately described a blotch on MJ's penis.

There's more. The transcripts found their way online:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/michaeljackson/021505mjgrandjury.html

That is how I feel as well. I don't know if he did it or not, but the prosecution in the case did not produce any evidence of him molesting anyone. The case should have never gone to trial as weak as it was.

What would constitute enough evidence in your opinion?

Not only did she [the mother] sound like a gold-digger, she had a proven history of it.

This seems to be the primary defense.

So, a past history of potential molestation doesn't count against MJ, but a past history of potential gold-digging (she was never convicted of anything) DOES count against the mother. Double standard?

[devil's advocate off]


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Registered: 11/08/98
Posts: 2,261
Loc: non-local
Re: Jackson [Re: Diploid]
    #4294955 - 06/14/05 03:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The boy accurately described a blotch on MJ's  :eek:

I followed the trial pretty closely and had not heard that. Sources please.


--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/31/04
Posts: 19,736
Loc: The Hand
Re: Jackson [Re: Diploid]
    #4295065 - 06/14/05 04:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The jury members (mostly women) didn't like the mother snapping her finger's at them. Also she was dressed shabily and her hair wasn't done which indicated she was trying to "act poor" which made her look like more of a goldigger in the juries eyes.

The other thing that didn't sit well with the jury was that the boy's original video with police was made after the family and boy had spoken with attorneys.

I am not making this up, those were the comments by a couple of the jurors.

Celebrity Justice has a different set of rules from Regular Folk Justice.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.


Edited by LunarEclipse (06/14/05 04:31 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Registered: 06/10/03
Posts: 7,825
Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Last seen: 5 months, 24 days
Re: Jackson [Re: Diploid]
    #4295108 - 06/14/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I am also not convinced one way or another... but I do want to comment on this one part:

Quote:

Diploid said:
So, a past history of potential molestation doesn't count against MJ, but a past history of potential gold-digging (she was never convicted of anything) DOES count against the mother. Double standard?




The difference between the two sides of this comparison is that MJ is the one on trial. The system is supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty" which means that "potential" is not grounds for conclusion.

So it doesn't really "count" against the mother, because the mother is not the one on trial. It would REALLY "count" against someone who was on trial, because it would be THEIR life which is irrepairably changed based on "potential" as opposed to evidence.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 01/09/03
Posts: 19,274
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Jackson [Re: Jellric]
    #4295121 - 06/14/05 04:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I followed the trial pretty closely and had not heard that. Sources please.

You didn't hear it in testimony because the judge, inexplicably, wouldn't allow the evidence. This doesn't change the fact of its existence. From the BBC web site at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4511991.stm

Quote of the day: "I'm going to deny the request to bring in evidence of the blemished penis."

It was Judge Melville's ruling on a bid by the prosecution to bring in last-minute evidence that Jordy Chandler, the singer's accuser in 1993, identified a spot or blotch on Jackson's genitalia which was subsequently photographed by the police.


Lots more here:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0215051jackson1.html

and here

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/michaeljackson/010605jackson2.html

Read it for yourself.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.


Edited by Diploid (06/14/05 04:48 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the soul of micheal jackson
( 1 2 all )
Mitchnast 1,548 29 02/09/03 10:54 AM
by Anonymous
* Bush, Michael Jackson and Donald duck Gomp 860 9 06/13/05 06:06 PM
by Gomp
* Degrees of Molestation
( 1 2 all )
DiploidM 2,587 39 04/19/07 11:32 PM
by fireworks_god
* This Is Your Brain on God - Michael Persinger has a vision - the Almighty isn't dead, he's an energy Divinorum 1,255 3 09/23/09 10:48 PM
by explosiveoxygen
* 50 Awful Things About The Illuminati (by Steve Jackson)
( 1 2 3 all )
chodamunky 3,038 43 09/23/03 07:02 AM
by fireworks_god
* Michael J. Fox - Never Give Up Hope
( 1 2 3 4 all )
OrgoneConclusion 2,982 67 12/09/08 11:03 PM
by PhanTomCat
* An interesting talk by Michael Tsarion on 2012 & man kind. Amethyst 684 4 09/17/06 01:41 PM
by fireworks_god
* Excerpt from The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot felix4life 443 0 06/19/06 11:54 PM
by felix4life

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, CosmicJoke, Diploid, Jokeshopbeard, DividedQuantum
1,846 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.072 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.