Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

I always feel like such a tool after finding out about an artist because they died...
    #4288579 - 06/12/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It really shouldn't be this way, but there are number of musicians and comedians, that I found out about because they died. Mitch Hedberg is the most recent example. Before he died, I hadn't even heard of him, but afterwards, someone here was nice enough to post a zip file of a bunch of his material. I gave it a listen and really enjoyed his style.

Alice in Chains is a similar situation. I always liked them, but I never bought one of their CDs because I didn't know much about them. After they died, MTV, like always, went crazy and played their Unplugged performance which I had never seen before.

It's sad that a person gets promotion and public exposure from dying. Wouldn't it be nice for a person to get recognition while they're alive and could use it? It's not as if I got into them because they achieved some kind of icon status from dying young, but it was the only way I got enough exposure to them where I could recognize their talents.

I really wish there was an easier way to get access to quality art. It goes without saying that TV & radio are next to worthless for this type of thing.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: I always feel like such a tool after finding out about an artist because they died... [Re: Twirling]
    #4288644 - 06/12/05 10:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

In death, some people become more known, it happens a lot.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: I always feel like such a tool after finding out about an artist because they died... [Re: gdman]
    #4288690 - 06/12/05 10:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Just ask Jesus Christ.... (perhaps the reason why we have a fascination with people who die?)

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: I always feel like such a tool after finding out about an artist because they died... [Re: gdman]
    #4288760 - 06/12/05 10:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

mac dre dawgs

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: I always feel like such a tool after finding out about an artist because they died... [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4288766 - 06/12/05 10:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub