Home | Community | Message Board


MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenolank
Stranger
Registered: 07/06/04
Posts: 41
Last seen: 7 years, 10 months
couple of fruiting questions
    #4288386 - 06/12/05 08:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I just birthed 4 pf cakes, 3 hawaiian and 1 cambodian
The cambodian fruited very quickly after it pinned and grew some pretty big fruits. In the same fruiting chamber my 3 hawaiian cakes had only just started to grow higher than a pin. I guess this shows that cambodians are really a fast and great strain to work with. My real problem with the hawaiians is that the veil is breaking away from the cap when they are very small and so ive been picking them when they are really not mature. Also, these mushies have a mulbous not at the top of the cap that is larger on some. It looks like the stem went straight through the cap, but its probably just the formation of the nipple, right. My concern is that this is due to non-optimal fruiting conditions which may also explain the small fruits.

Does anyone else have problems with the veil breaking prematurely, or is this even a problem. Also, one of my cakes in the terrariuim has no pins yet and every day grows more and more white stuff that looks a lot like white soap suds. This is either overlay or it is cobweb mold. How do i get this one to fruit.

Im fruiting these cakes in a terrarium with perlite @78 degrees with 12 hr light...

What determines fruit size? Humidity, temp, light, or something else/

thanks


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Registered: 04/02/05
Posts: 3,022
Loc: somewhere else
Re: couple of fruiting questions [Re: nolank]
    #4288459 - 06/12/05 09:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

substrate determines it mostly. brf cakes are hard to get big shrooms off. you need everything to be optimal. rh, temp, and lighting.
you didn't mention your rh level, where is that at?
peace
oops forgot: fresh air they need lots of fresh air to help with fruiting. are you fanning at all or have any kind of air exchange?


Edited by backupwards (06/12/05 09:28 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenolank
Stranger
Registered: 07/06/04
Posts: 41
Last seen: 7 years, 10 months
Re: couple of fruiting questions [Re: backupwards]
    #4288625 - 06/12/05 10:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Im fanning about every 2-3 hours and my rh has to be above 95%. My hygrometer shorts out when it gets in the high nineties. Everything seems to be in order. The thing i dont understand is why the cambodians grew so large and quickly and the hawaiians are growing so slowly and punily


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Registered: 05/29/05
Posts: 440
Last seen: 11 years, 11 months
Re: couple of fruiting questions [Re: nolank]
    #4288649 - 06/12/05 10:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Different strains, different growth patterns. Dont be worried yet.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 08/07/04
Posts: 2,368
Re: couple of fruiting questions [Re: nolank]
    #4288671 - 06/12/05 10:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nolank said:
I just birthed 4 pf cakes, 3 hawaiian and 1 cambodian
The cambodian fruited very quickly after it pinned and grew some pretty big fruits. In the same fruiting chamber my 3 hawaiian cakes had only just started to grow higher than a pin. I guess this shows that cambodians are really a fast and great strain to work with. My real problem with the hawaiians is that the veil is breaking away from the cap when they are very small and so ive been picking them when they are really not mature.




If you pick it when the veil breaks, that is pretty much as mature as it is going to get.

Quote:

Also, these mushies have a mulbous not at the top of the cap that is larger on some. It looks like the stem went straight through the cap, but its probably just the formation of the nipple, right. My concern is that this is due to non-optimal fruiting conditions which may also explain the small fruits.




Could just be the strain/mutation.

Quote:

Does anyone else have problems with the veil breaking prematurely, or is this even a problem. Also, one of my cakes in the terrariuim has no pins yet and every day grows more and more white stuff that looks a lot like white soap suds. This is either overlay or it is cobweb mold. How do i get this one to fruit.




It's just rhyzomorphic growth I would guess...I'm not sure though on this one, sorry. Someone else could probably answer it...roadkill or tahoe or diver.



Quote:

What determines fruit size? Humidity, temp, light, or something else/




all of those...:) there are a million factors.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Got a Couple Fruiting Questions... Styleee 456 2 12/11/05 03:36 PM
by ShroomArtist84
* Fruiting question
( 1 2 all )
Newpala21 2,374 27 12/18/08 11:20 PM
by Newpala21
* Couple of casing questions, and a fruiting question k_muttsky 723 2 05/08/07 11:07 AM
by k_muttsky
* spawning/ fruiting question PeacePilot 502 2 03/11/06 01:39 PM
by PeacePilot
* progress so far... a couple of questions w/ pics sporesarethedoor 2,818 19 10/06/06 09:57 PM
by Westnile
* A couple of questions JeffP170 412 3 08/10/08 08:34 PM
by twboss
* Couple quick questions! -Please help!- killerrobotjews 832 7 01/12/06 12:09 AM
by coda
* couple of questions masses_26 592 2 12/16/01 08:10 PM
by Christine

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Roadkill, Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, cronicr, PussyFart, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
919 topic views. 12 members, 74 guests and 27 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 16 queries.