Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenolank
Stranger
couple of fruiting questions
    #4288386 - 06/12/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just birthed 4 pf cakes, 3 hawaiian and 1 cambodian
The cambodian fruited very quickly after it pinned and grew some pretty big fruits. In the same fruiting chamber my 3 hawaiian cakes had only just started to grow higher than a pin. I guess this shows that cambodians are really a fast and great strain to work with. My real problem with the hawaiians is that the veil is breaking away from the cap when they are very small and so ive been picking them when they are really not mature. Also, these mushies have a mulbous not at the top of the cap that is larger on some. It looks like the stem went straight through the cap, but its probably just the formation of the nipple, right. My concern is that this is due to non-optimal fruiting conditions which may also explain the small fruits.

Does anyone else have problems with the veil breaking prematurely, or is this even a problem. Also, one of my cakes in the terrariuim has no pins yet and every day grows more and more white stuff that looks a lot like white soap suds. This is either overlay or it is cobweb mold. How do i get this one to fruit.

Im fruiting these cakes in a terrarium with perlite @78 degrees with 12 hr light...

What determines fruit size? Humidity, temp, light, or something else/

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: couple of fruiting questions [Re: nolank]
    #4288459 - 06/12/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

substrate determines it mostly. brf cakes are hard to get big shrooms off. you need everything to be optimal. rh, temp, and lighting.
you didn't mention your rh level, where is that at?
peace
oops forgot: fresh air they need lots of fresh air to help with fruiting. are you fanning at all or have any kind of air exchange?

Edited by backupwards (06/12/05 09:28 PM)

Offlinenolank
Stranger
Re: couple of fruiting questions [Re: backupwards]
    #4288625 - 06/12/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Im fanning about every 2-3 hours and my rh has to be above 95%. My hygrometer shorts out when it gets in the high nineties. Everything seems to be in order. The thing i dont understand is why the cambodians grew so large and quickly and the hawaiians are growing so slowly and punily

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4288649 - 06/12/05 10:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Different strains, different growth patterns. Dont be worried yet.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4288671 - 06/12/05 10:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nolank said:
I just birthed 4 pf cakes, 3 hawaiian and 1 cambodian
The cambodian fruited very quickly after it pinned and grew some pretty big fruits. In the same fruiting chamber my 3 hawaiian cakes had only just started to grow higher than a pin. I guess this shows that cambodians are really a fast and great strain to work with. My real problem with the hawaiians is that the veil is breaking away from the cap when they are very small and so ive been picking them when they are really not mature.

If you pick it when the veil breaks, that is pretty much as mature as it is going to get.

Quote:

Also, these mushies have a mulbous not at the top of the cap that is larger on some. It looks like the stem went straight through the cap, but its probably just the formation of the nipple, right. My concern is that this is due to non-optimal fruiting conditions which may also explain the small fruits.

Could just be the strain/mutation.

Quote:

Does anyone else have problems with the veil breaking prematurely, or is this even a problem. Also, one of my cakes in the terrariuim has no pins yet and every day grows more and more white stuff that looks a lot like white soap suds. This is either overlay or it is cobweb mold. How do i get this one to fruit.

It's just rhyzomorphic growth I would guess...I'm not sure though on this one, sorry. Someone else could probably answer it...roadkill or tahoe or diver.

Quote:

What determines fruit size? Humidity, temp, light, or something else/

all of those...:) there are a million factors.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation