Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemirahan
Stranger
First Time Experince. Help Explain, Please.
    #4287563 - 06/12/05 06:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I am 33 years old, and have not used psychedelic substances in almost ten years. I used to take LSD when I was in my late teens and early with 20's with varying degrees of success. I also used to use marijuana during the same period in my life, but these days it is not enjoyable for me. I had never eaten mushrooms before.

My brother in law and three (3) of his friends invited me last night to the family ranch to partake in some mushrooms. Prior to accepting his offer I read this board a bit. I found that taking less than 2 grams would be a good start for me, and seeking truth about myself and facing my fears would be good items to pursue.

Everything was great for the first 2-2.5 hours. We watched the Tyson McBride fight and I found the whole event to be terribly ludicrous. Seemed about like the arm pit of humanty to me. I felt very in control, enjoying the fireflies outside, and marveling at the raw power and beauty of the horses at the fence line seeking my attention. Also, chatting and enjoying stories with the guys .... then all hell broke loose (lol).

When "losing my mind" began I felt as though I was being judged by the guys around me. Almost as though they would not accept me. I walked off by myself. You wanna talk about a bad idea ---> the cows on the ranch are very well conditioned to the fact that when a human approaches them in their pasture that they will be fed. I was acosted by a 65 head herd of hereford cattle. LOL. I got the [Email]f@#$[/Email] out of there pretty quickly.

Walking back to the ranch house I came to the realization that there is definately a very real and powerful God, and I was one of his children. I would never die. I had the sense that I could do whatever I wanted to if I chose to do it, with no consequence. I never acted on this fully because I knew I didn't have to have a silly test to understand what I was SURE I had complete power over. I had the very keen perception that law enforcement was only something drummed up in my mind. I dang near went driving, after all what danger could there be if I was creating the whole experience to begin with? A car accident could only have happened if it were by my volition only. (very dangerous trip I took, I know)

The concept of not only time, but night and day was out the window for me. Night came when I wanted it to, the only reason the sun went down was because I willed it to. Having to be at work at 8:00 am Monday morning was only because I had it in my head that I HAD to be there. If I simply stopped myself from orchestrating the obligations and seriousnous of life, they would disappear. I said to one of my Bro. in law's friends, "I could knock your glasses of your face right now, but I wouldn't do that, we're all too benevolent for that."

The aspects of last evening that are most unsettling for me are that my bro. in law and his friends were hooting, hollering and partying like I did when I was a frat boy with 15 beers in me. Why was this so much more in depth and mind boggling for me? I truly felt as though I had "lost my mind". Of course, I feel approximately 99% normal today, but the lingering confusion of last night is there.

If any of you kind folks could spare a few moments of your time with me I would be very appreciative to be in reciept of your insight on my experience.

Edited by mirahan (06/12/05 06:05 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Experince. Help Explain, Please. [Re: mirahan]
    #4287665 - 06/12/05 06:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The mushrooms experience.

You will come to terms with it in time. Just accept it and take it for what it is. Another experience of life. Most people dont turn into hollering fools on shrooms. Unless they really like to let loose.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlineharpd
Passing By

#4287683 - 06/12/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It's normal to feel like you're in control of your destiny as you come down. As your ego reassembles itself you might feel more confident in your abilities, and you certainly CAN do anything you want. Unfortunately, you DO have to deal with the consequences of your actions. For instance, had you knocked the glasses off your buddy's face, you would have to deal with the consequences of having been an asshole to an otherwise benevolent person for no reason. Had you gone driving and gotten in a wreck, it could have been the result of a choice you made (to run your car into oncoming traffic for instance) or it could have been the result of someone else's choice. You can still be affected by the actions and decisions of others without having done anything wrong yourself. Everything is like this. It's a give and take relationship between yourself and the world around you.

It seems like you can learn a lot from this experience, and I hope my insight can help you figure things out.

Have fun, Be safe,
DHarp

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4287696 - 06/12/05 06:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You went in the trip with a mindset to explore yourself, and your surroundings... your friends were tripping to have fun.

You all got your wishes.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
Re: First Time Experince. Help Explain, Please. [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4287697 - 06/12/05 06:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone reacts a bit differently. You went into the experience looking for a more spiritual answer. From the sound of it, they weren't eating them for the same reason. Or were they?

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Offlinemirahan
Stranger
Re: First Time Experince. Help Explain, Please. [Re: Jfisher]
    #4288135 - 06/12/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

LOL - I guess a couple of you have made some real excellent points that I have missed. My friends are 8-9 years my younger, and they were definately taking the shrooms for visuals, laughter, relaxation, etc. I tend to be overly analytical (some may say paraniod) to begin with. I guess the experience I had was like any onther: unique to the individual!

Another thing I remeber is that I firmly believed that others could read my mind. I swear that I was totally convinced of this during my trip. I wished I could somehow relive the exact thing to take a better look at it :frown:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4288160 - 06/12/05 08:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Entheogens DO seem to hold ESP and psychic properties.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: First Time Experince. Help Explain, Please. [Re: Rose]
    #4288743 - 06/12/05 10:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The really different aspect to your journey and a few others that I have read of late are that you have trouble so late into the trip. Mine comes early, and then the rest is cake and I sit back an enjoy. I, like you, do not hoot and holler and get crazy. I did experience that I could do almost anything, and in some cases it wasn't just an ego thing....I really could do it. Mental telepathy and incredibly heightened charisma are just two examples....it is all about expansion. The one thing I didn't do is leave my friends...and that may have been your mistake even though you had negative vibes. In my opinion, if you were receiving negative vibes....consider the possibility they were real. Reading the emotions and thoughts of others is a condition I have experienced many times while on psilo, and verified it later. Others that were tripping with me could do it also....only the poor souls that weren't were on the outs. Try surrounding yourself with people that seem to have a similar approach to a party, and do the best you can to make sure you are surrounded by people who love you.......

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4290227 - 06/13/05 07:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

When "losing my mind" began I felt as though I was being judged by the guys around me. Almost as though they would not accept me. I walked off by myself. (..) I was acosted by a 65 head herd of hereford cattle.

:rotfl:

Yup that's God allright, You're trying to get away from everything to make sense of it all and you get 50.000lbs of cattle stampeding towards you.

--

Perhaps your friends clung onto their party atmosphere, or perhaps they did have a hootin' good time. It can be a form of resistance.

You however got a profound experience, a head on with God and Infinity (and 65 bovines) that provided food for thought.

And you were right: you are Eternal. Even if you jumped into your car and accidentally drove yourself or a pedestrian into Infinity, you all would've been allright in the Grand Scheme Of Things.
Fortunately this didnt happen though, because we humans only see a small part of the whole and on a human scale it wouldve been a tragedy.

Quote:

"I could knock your glasses of your face right now, but I wouldn't do that, we're all too benevolent for that."

I think you owe him an apology. Even if you don't really like him a little "That was random man, I was fucked by the drugs" would do a great deal for harmony and be acceptable to one of party mentality.

Tripping will get profound if you let it. And even if you do not want to let it or take every possible effort to NOT let it it still tends to shove profundity up your brain. If you don't want profundity you've picked the wrong drug, because 4-HO-DMT isn't about mere fun and games.

You'll feel likely fine in some time. It must've been quite the ride after 10 years, and 10 years wiser it was *more trip* because there is *more you* doing the tripping :thumbup:

Something better for that party might have been MDMA. It would've made the group experience more profound without being scary or contentless.

I don't blame you from putting some yards between you and the party: you had some work to do. I believe it would've been best if you had just sat down outside and let the 4-HO-DMT mushrooms lead your mind, but then again it wouldve alienated you from your company even further.

The Message the trip gave you is loud and clear:

Mirahan: there is more to mushrooms than plain ole fun. There is much to be gained fro this if you are the right person for it.

And it's your job to decide if you might be that kind of person. You've matured: it's not just about fun anymore. There is more YOU after ten years, so there's more TRIP too.

How much did you take btw?

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: First Time Experince. Help Explain, Please. [Re: Asante]
    #4293234 - 06/13/05 11:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Very insightful WS...I enjoyed reading your take on this. It would be a very interesting time conversing with you I am sure. It may never happen, but I know I would enjoy it.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: First Time Experince. Help Explain, Please. [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4294049 - 06/14/05 03:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wiccan's in the ZONE this month!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience