Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, HEPA Filter, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinead0130
Technical Grower
pinhead on the side PICS!! PLS HELP!!!
    #4286491 - 06/12/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think it's my g job that cause this, but not sure since this is my first time. I've been waiting for my first pin, but nothing showing on the top layer. Accidentally I saw tpinheads growing on the side. What should I do? My casing is not doing as good as the inside part... :confused:
I have 2 trays and none of them have pins on the top layer yet... What should I do???

--------------------
Live everyday like your last day, because you never know what's going to happen tomorrow. Get high and ejnoy lfe...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pinhead on the side PICS!! PLS HELP!!! [Re: ad0130]
    #4286521 - 06/12/05 01:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this point. I would take some casing mix and fill in that gap. Let the pins on the sides continue to grow and harvest as usually. I seem to always get pins on the sides, no matter how good my casing layer is, but my harvest always comes out good.

You'll be okay.

Invisiblepsyillyazul
verbal doubleedged sword BFTD

Loc: zion
    #4286547 - 06/12/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Patience... My Son. Side, bottom, top, upside down, right-side up, big, little, small, aborted, closed cap, open cap... Still mushrooms, right?? Pins need lots of humidity to form. Chances are RH and air exchange are closer to optimal around the sides of a casing. Mass air exchange is essential. From my experience, the middle of a casing often gets squished and packed down over time. Especially with paranoid misting routines. This creates a gridlock in which no air can be exchanged therefore humidity builds up and floods the myc, sealing the top layer. Keep everything fluffy and loose so that RH is maintained along with airflow. Pins love loose texture.

OfflineWojo
Self ProclaimedAsshole
Loc: Detroit Son
Re: pinhead on the side PICS!! PLS HELP!!! [Re: psyillyazul]
    #4286566 - 06/12/05 01:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you have another tray, you can do what i did for my first casing and just cut the tray and let the shrooms on the side grow up. Or just let em do their thing and when the tray is finished just pick them off and fill the gap in with a lil casing mix. Good luck on future growz.

Offlinead0130
Technical Grower
    #4286596 - 06/12/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

My humidity is around 73 - 75 is that to low? I stop misting since someone advice me to. Whtas the sign of low humidity. I noticed that some of the rhizo on the top layer are getting some brown color... I fan the tub about 3 times a day....

so should I put some casing mix on the side? thks guys...

--------------------
Live everyday like your last day, because you never know what's going to happen tomorrow. Get high and ejnoy lfe...

Invisiblepsyillyazul
verbal doubleedged sword BFTD

Loc: zion
    #4286786 - 06/12/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

sign of low humidity... = Dry layer. When things are slightly glistening is when I know humidity is good. When casing stays loose and moist as opposed to browning and drying out, this is fine. Do you have anything over the casing to keep from drying out?? A cool mist is Rad for humidity. You can plug it into an outlet timer and bada-bing, automated. Bubble stones fed with air pump drawing from Hepa filtered chamber takes care of air exchange, automated. Seems to me that the watering and evaporation of moisture is important. I usually run a cool mist at night to saturate things, then let it mostly evaporate during the light cycle. Continual clean air exchange. I noticed that once on a definite pattern/cycle, myc and fruit went ape shit.

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
    #4287027 - 06/12/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

What kind of lime did you use in your casing layer? I found that my side pins came up from my spawn and not my casing layer because my lime in my casing layer was shit and didn't allow for good colonization of the myc.

Offlinead0130
Technical Grower
Re: pinhead on the side PICS!! PLS HELP!!! [Re: GatorB]
    #4288400 - 06/12/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

the pins do grow out of the spawn, not the casing itself... I used the Hi-Yield brand for my lime. I didn't measure the PH, I just followed the 50/50+ recipe

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, HEPA Filter, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation