Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGreatGigInTheSky
Stranger
Loc: Earth
The truth about L S D?
    #4285214 - 06/12/05 02:22 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:confused:So, I'm considering taking two hits of some pretty good acid.

I'm going to have my best friend sitting for me, so that's covered.

My question is, what is the truth about this grandfather of the psychedelics?

O, and I have tried shrooms. They don't give me insane visuals but my mind gets fucked beyond belief. I can't seperate thoughts from reality... is LSD similar?

Thanks again.  :smirk:

I've heard that it's harmful, I've heard that it's not...
I've heard it's more intense than shrooms, I've heard it's not...
I've heard it never leaves your body, and that it leaves it then next day...

I just don't know what to believe, if someone who really knows there shit could help me out, I'd love that.

Sorry if this has been asked before.  :smirk:

--------------------
All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Edited by GreatGigInTheSky (06/12/05 02:25 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: The truth about L S D? [Re: GreatGigInTheSky]
    #4285289 - 06/12/05 02:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by rocknliam (06/12/05 02:37 AM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #4285511 - 06/12/05 03:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it can only be "harmful" if you have some mental illness lying dorment right now...it can bring it to life...its not the cause it just provides that intense experience that can surface the problem which will probably get surfaced at some point anyways....but since you've done shrooms and had what sounds like pretty intense trips I'd say your good to go...theres also some ppl who get hppd from shrooms/acid...I forget what it stands for but basically you keep on having visuals after the trip is over...from what it sounds like these ppl are not detached from reality they just have unending visuals which they learn to deal with...but this is rare...you may get some visuals the next day or 2 but they fade away with time...I love acid and have had no problems from it...but my fav is acid + mushrooms...I find the combo sooo much better then either by themselves

other then those 2 problems lsd is very safe...I'd say its just as safe as shrooms...just remember to space out your trips to keep it special...but that goes for shrooms as well...I find psychedelics naturally enforce moderation tho...if you try and shroom or use acid every week they lose the magic and I persaonlly(and many others) don't have the urge to trip for months after this...and this is coming from someone with an addictive personality

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: The truth about L S D? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4285619 - 06/12/05 04:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

LSD is less mind demanding than mushrooms , which is hard to believe mushrooms are so natural i feel like hm floating in water . "take a lung full of life and float down stream"

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4285864 - 06/12/05 07:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

just do it :smile:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4285869 - 06/12/05 07:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

acid and mushrooms have a lot of similarities, and several differences. there are plenty of threads on this subject.

acid would be no more harmful than mushrooms. do a sensible dose with a good set and setting and you'll be fine.

LSD will be out of your body in a few days. the staying in your body forever thing is a myth.

as for intensity, that depends on dose, and your mindset at the time. you can have a mushroom trip more intense than an acid trip, and an acid trip more intense than a mushroom trip, depending on how you dose. marijuana or anything can be more intense; it just depends how much you take.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: The truth about L S D? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4285872 - 06/12/05 08:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

it can only be "harmful" if you have some mental illness lying dorment right now...it can bring it to life...its not the cause it just provides that intense experience that can surface the problem which will probably get surfaced at some point anyways....

Thats not entirely true.

PTSD = Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Post= after
Traumatic= an intense unpleasant experience perceived as dangerous (in this context)
Stress= psychological pressure
Disorder= inability to function appropriately

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
A condition of being stressed and reacting poorly to stresses that follows in the wake of an intense, threatening experience

A bad trip on LSD or Mushrooms (being an uniquely "intense threatening experience") can cause mental illness to emerge by the sheer excruciating severeness of it.

People can get PTSD if the plane they are in gets hijacked. But most passengers in a hijacked plane won't even come close to the psychological suffering brought on by fiercely resisting a fullblown trip, especially when that trip lasts 12 hours.
A mushroom's Bad Trip can last four hours. LSD's Bad Trip can last eight.

The longer-lasting a psychedelic is, the more likely it is to derive marked benefit, or suffer detrimental effects, because of it and the more frequently extremes of either will occur.

As Terence McKenna put it (hi Cervantes :wink:) when he talked about DMT:

"The thing that so pleases me about DMT is that, youknow, alot of people will not take a psychedelic like LSD and Psilocybin or vsomething because it lasts hours and hours and inevitably when dealing with things that last that long you're gonna end up dealing with 'your stuff'. Your anxiety, your fear, your this & that..  A lot of people dont care for that sort of thing, whether thats good or bad is another issue. With DMT -it lasts four minutes- and how *lost* can you get in an examination of childhood trauma can you get in four minutes, especially when you've got hundreds of Elves tugging at your coatsleaves?

So true. While DMT "lasts four minutes" mushrooms often last 300, and LSD 600 minutes. Thats alot of time to get lost, but an even longer time to *be* lost from the safety of a closed mind.

And even with the pre-existing mental disorders: how would you know about them if they lie dormant under the surface?

And then there is that HPPD: Hallucinogen Persisting Perceptual Disorder, which means you to some degree trip non-stop for days, weeks, months or years, and which is SPECIFIC for psychedelic exposure. I myself have mild HPPD and as such have tripped continuously for some 20.000 hours now.
For me its a blessing. For others its a wide awake nightmare.

So psychedelics have their dangers, but overall people tend to turn out well.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4285944 - 06/12/05 09:50 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4285952 - 06/12/05 09:57 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GreatGigInTheSky said:
:confused:So, I'm considering taking two hits of some pretty good acid.

I'm going to have my best friend sitting for me, so that's covered.

My question is, what is the truth about this grandfather of the psychedelics?

I would consider LSD more the father of psychadelics...while mushrooms would be the grandfather, and ayahuasca the grandmother. Mushrooms and Ayahuasca have been around for a long time...mushrooms for tens of thousands of years, ayahuasca for at least a couple of thousand.

Quote:

O, and I have tried shrooms. They don't give me insane visuals but my mind gets fucked beyond belief. I can't seperate thoughts from reality... is LSD similar?

It can be. It's all about set and setting.

Quote:

Thanks again.  :smirk:

I've heard that it's harmful, I've heard that it's not...
I've heard it's more intense than shrooms, I've heard it's not...
I've heard it never leaves your body, and that it leaves it then next day...

I just don't know what to believe, if someone who really knows there shit could help me out, I'd love that.

Sorry if this has been asked before.  :smirk:

LSD doesn't stay in your body forever, but it does stay a LONG time. I believe it can be found in hair samples up to about seven years later. I could be wrong though. Mushrooms, from what I've read, are broken down completely within 72 hours. Again, this just what I've heard and read over the years.

Here's tons of LSD information

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: The truth about L S D? [Re: myndreach]
    #4289568 - 06/13/05 01:46 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

"LSD doesn't stay in your body forever, but it does stay a LONG time."

Nope. LSD breaks down very easily. Hell, an afternoon in a hot car will hurt your hits. As far as metabolites for drug tests go, a few days should do just fine to pass a test. Hair tests on the other hand...

I've heard any drug can be found pretty easily via hair test. The evidence is around for a much longer time. And it all depends how long one's hair is. But, obviously you won't have actual (extremely fragile) LSD (that you ate in a dose of say 100 micrograms in the first place) clinging to your hair. Besides, there wouldn't be enough left for your spine if it all went to your hair :smile: :P

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineSensismoker
Ganja Guru
    #4290010 - 06/13/05 04:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Lsd is broken down completely by your liver and other elimination systems within 48 hours most of the time, that is, if you dont keep popping hits.

One cool thing about this drug is that the dose is so small that pretty much no other chemical would come close to harming you in that quantity.
LSD does NOT stay in your spine. This is a complete myth.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#4291762 - 06/13/05 05:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GreatGigInTheSky said:

There has been a few occasions when I was tripping in which I couldn't distinguish whether I was on LSD or Shrooms. I would have to concentrate really hard and retrace my steps untill I remembered which one I actually took.

A lot of people claim comparing LSD to Shrooms is like comparing apples to oranges, but I think it's more like comparing lemons to limes. The overall general feeling is the same, but there are many distinct and and not so distinct differences.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The truth about L S D? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4291792 - 06/13/05 05:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elgr said:
"LSD doesn't stay in your body forever, but it does stay a LONG time."

Nope. LSD breaks down very easily. Hell, an afternoon in a hot car will hurt your hits. As far as metabolites for drug tests go, a few days should do just fine to pass a test. Hair tests on the other hand...

I meant in the hair...for testing. I know it breaks down inside your body rather quickly.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: The truth about L S D? [Re: myndreach]
    #4293885 - 06/14/05 02:18 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Right, and I'm just pointing out that because you can be tested for having taken it (while not a part of standard drug tests even), actual LSD is certainly not present in your body.

djd586, that sounds pretty strange. One, while on a ~6 gram mushroom trip I spent about half the time thinking I was on mescaline, and having pictures of peyote bounce through my head. At the time, I had yet to even try mescaline, let alone peyote. It was actually quite comforting for a while.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: The truth about L S D? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4293985 - 06/14/05 03:02 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I had a friend once he took some acid.... Now he thinks he's a fire engine...

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience