Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
radioactive microwave information?
    #428439 - 10/17/01 01:06 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

if anyone at all can provide me any information or to a website that deals with radioactivity of a microwave. I currently use my microwave to sterilize jars and it seems to work well, i never get any contams but my problem is that i never get any mycellium either. sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i am really looking for some good info on wether or not mic's will leave behind any trace radioactive material in my substrate that might stunt/prevent myc growth. and yes i know my jars are moist and in the right temps and still no growth approaching 3 weeks now. please lend some help.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: radioactive microwave information? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #428501 - 10/17/01 02:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

>good info on wether or not mic's will leave behind any trace
>radioactive material in my substrate
Microvawes don?t emmit radioactivity. So NO, there will be NO TRACE of any radioactive material in your substrate.

Read http://rabi.phys.virginia.edu/HTW/microwave_ovens.html and http://www.howstuffworks.com/microwave.htm to find out more.
I found these sites using http://www.google.com/search?q=how+microwaves+work&hl=de&lr=

Offlinesylo
addict
Re: radioactive microwave information? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #429127 - 10/18/01 02:22 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you want to use rye grain especially with thistle seed, you need a presssure cooker. I suspect you have a low level bacterial contam that is destroying the mycelium.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: radioactive microwave information? [Re: sylo]
    #429274 - 10/18/01 10:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hmm... are there contams that will just halt growth and not grow on teh substrate itself? i was unaware of that, thanks for the info! mbe ill just have to splurge on a PC'er (or see what i can pull outta ebay). would you happen to know what TYPE of bacteria would cause this mishap? thanks again

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds