Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: Icelander]
    #4282083 - 06/10/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Everyone has skillfull and unskillfull ways of dealing with life. Also each person would define lying, cheating, and stealing, differently. By my defination you might fit into a catagory that you would not choose for yourself. No one is perfect frog.

No, I don't lie, cheat or steal. I have come close to lying. I actually lied twice in the year 2004. Blatant lies. No, not everyone lies, cheats and steals. I don't.

Quote:

If you look for something good in a person you just might find it. If you look for evil you will eventually find that too. The universe/god contains all things in polarity, light to dark.

I have found that I don't have to look very far to find bad. I don't even look. It's all around me. I find good, too, though. It's just that I am finding that there is more bad than good.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4282102 - 06/10/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
My Observation about Your Observation:  Frog lives in LA, the land of the most materialistic, money and power grubbing people (excluding DC for the power portion) in the world.  She is an attorney.

Frog thinks people are assholes. 

What you see is what you get, honey!

The last time an attorney called me sweetheart, I told him that if he called me that again, I would rip his balls off and shove them down his throat.  I guess I'm an asshole.  :grin:

I don't live in L.A.  I live in Orange County.  Us people in O.C. take great offense at being connected to L.A.  L.A. is full of democrats, liberals, yeeesh.  O.C. is republican and very conservative.  Well, I hear it's becoming more liberal but all my friends are republicans. 

However, most people in O.C. are just as materialistic, money and power grubbing as the people in L.A.  I actually think that people are like this most any where.

Quote:

My solution:

Move to Santa Barbara where the people are mostly rich retired assholes from LA that can relax a little.  Set up your lawyer office there and grow a few avocadoes and grapes.  Eat guacamole and chips and drink some of that homemade wine. 

Ahhh.... :cheers:

No, thanks.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: Doom]
    #4282131 - 06/10/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doom said:
every country has a different culture, how many countries have you lived in? ive lived in 5 and my answer is NO.

I haven't become quite jaded yet. I guess I'm still in the learning stage when it comes to human behavior. I had something happen recently that made me feel like I could become jaded, but I have a bad memory, so the PollyAnna in me will bounce back, as usual.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: Silversoul]
    #4282144 - 06/10/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I know plenty of people who've lied, cheated, or stolen at some point in their life who I wouldn't consider to be assholes. They're just imperfect, like everyone.

I am calling people who lie, cheat and steal "assholes." In all other ways, yes, people are just imperfect. I think it is the profession to which I belong that is the reason why I think people are assholes. Before I became an attorney, I worked as a waitress, I cleaned houses, and I was a mom.

Now that I am an attorney, I run into a lot of people (read: attorneys) who lie cheat and steal. I don't think, though, that lying, cheating and stealing is limited to attorneys. I think attorneys have cornered the market on those qualities, however.

I have clients who lie.

See, we are all imperfect. We all make mistakes. But lying, cheating and stealing are not just "mistakes." A mistake is taking a wrong turn, or adding numbers wrong.

Lying, cheating and stealing are intentional wrongs. IMO, people who do these things are assholes.

--------------------

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: Frog]
    #4282207 - 06/11/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The last time an attorney called me sweetheart, I told him that if he called me that again, I would rip his balls off and shove them down his throat.

good for you!

Quote:

I have found that I don't have to look very far to find bad. I don't even look. It's all around me. I find good, too, though. It's just that I am finding that there is more bad than good.

maybe you are looking for bad more than you are looking for good.

& there's always surpises..

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Edited by crunchytoast (06/11/05 12:32 AM)

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4282557 - 06/11/05 04:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

people are only "assholes" from one perspective
the word "ass" has only come about, after all, thanks to the way we perceive relative space (and hence, the 3D position of any object as we think we see it - as our mind processes our "vision")
(you could say, as our minds are just a tiny part of the whole cosmic computer, then energy is the program that feeds it and excites all the different possible states to which the mind can give rise to)
your "soul" is just your whole, an infinite ring of holes, each of which whole is, itself, comprised of further holes, etc...
You can shift your focus to any single point within the entire pattern, if you really wish.
I'm not certain how or why, but I'm pretty sure I did that last night

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #4282748 - 06/11/05 08:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"The last time someone called me sweetheart, I told him if he called me that again, I would rip his balls off and shove them down his throat.  I guess I'm an asshole.  :grin:

"I don't live in L.A.  I live in Orange County.  Us people in O.C. take great offense of being connected to L.A.  L.A. is full of democrats, liberals, yeesh."

As Steve Martin would say

Well, EXXCCUUUUSSSEE MMEEEEEEE!!!! 

"However, most people in O.C. are just as materialistic, money and power grubbing as the people in L.A.  I actually think people are like this most anywhere."

Well I for one include O.C. in the "Los Angeles Metropolitan Area."  Pardon me for not being aware you lived in O.C. but as you are a Republican that all fits.  Do they even allow Democrats into O.C., or do the "liberals" just know they are not welcome there?  :smirk:

I've been to numerous cities, states, and countries so it comes with some experience that I say that you live in THE most materialistic place in THE WORLD!  Period.  In your city (can't say LA anymore  :smirk:) people routinely judge people in a serious way by the car they drive.  I fully understand why you need the Lexus in that area to be successful as an attorney. 

"All my friends are Republicans"

Not even one token Liberal?  :confused:

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
    #4282964 - 06/11/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Quote:

Doom said:
every country has a different culture, how many countries have you lived in? ive lived in 5 and my answer is NO.

I haven't become quite jaded yet. I guess I'm still in the learning stage when it comes to human behavior. I had something happen recently that made me feel like I could become jaded, but I have a bad memory, so the PollyAnna in me will bounce back, as usual.

its interesting that your reply has nothing to do with my post, but is rather a self-obsessed monologue.

Possiblee Zis iz zee rooot ov your problemzs?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4283027 - 06/11/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No, I don't lie, cheat or steal. I have come close to lying. I actually lied twice in the year 2004. Blatant lies. No, not everyone lies, cheats and steals. I don't.

Can't you see the contradiction in your post. You said you lied twice and then you, in the same breath said you don't.

You also missed what I was saying in my post. I have to agree with Doom in the point of you being a little self-obsessed. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
    #4283157 - 06/11/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

*No, I don't lie, cheat or steal. I have come close to lying. I actually lied twice in the year 2004. Blatant lies.*

Um.....I laughed out loud when I read this...should I feel bad?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4283172 - 06/11/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:

this issue, in which you are both right and wrong, relates to sangsara, and to compassion.

to awaken compassion you have to see that all beings are suffering and therefore inclined to the way of the asshole.

First, I admit that I don't know waht sangsara is. Second, how is it that by being awakened to sufferin, you would be inclined to the way of the asshole??

well you have been having a rough time trying to get everything pidgeon-holed properly. did I write something like "awaken to suffering and be inclined to assholery"?

no

I wrote something like "awaken to universal suffering to see why the asshole prevails"

but a bad day can make every post into a glowing sphincter, and I hope things get better soon. which might be a great opportunity to plug this fabulous product I discovered called TUCKS

it provides a basic improvement on the spot for assholes and armpits of every kind and is atrue bright light for me on the dark shelves of the flourescent overlit drugstores in america.

TUCKS has witchazel, and that could be the salve-ation for this nation

it is a clear cut above the measly wet ones commonly used for diaper management.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
    #4283173 - 06/11/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No. I did too.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4283396 - 06/11/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No! I laughed too. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4283467 - 06/11/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

crunchytoast said:
maybe you are looking for bad more than you are looking for good.

& there's always surpises..

Good point.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: newjon]
    #4283476 - 06/11/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

newjon said:
people are only "assholes" from one perspective
the word "ass" has only come about, after all, thanks to the way we perceive relative space (and hence, the 3D position of any object as we think we see it - as our mind processes our "vision")
(you could say, as our minds are just a tiny part of the whole cosmic computer, then energy is the program that feeds it and excites all the different possible states to which the mind can give rise to)
your "soul" is just your whole, an infinite ring of holes, each of which whole is, itself, comprised of further holes, etc...
You can shift your focus to any single point within the entire pattern, if you really wish.
I'm not certain how or why, but I'm pretty sure I did that last night

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.  :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Please prove me wrong [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4283500 - 06/11/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Well I for one include O.C. in the "Los Angeles Metropolitan Area."  Pardon me for not being aware you lived in O.C. but as you are a Republican that all fits.  Do they even allow Democrats into O.C., or do the "liberals" just know they are not welcome there?  :smirk:

I think they don't like coming here any more than we like going there.  :grin:  I think it's a mutual repulsion, although it IS called "the Orange curtain." 

Quote:

I've been to numerous cities, states, and countries so it comes with some experience that I say that you live in THE most materialistic place in THE WORLD!  Period.  In your city (can't say LA anymore  :smirk:) people routinely judge people in a serious way by the car they drive.  I fully understand why you need the Lexus in that area to be successful as an attorney. 

I have only been in cities along the 10 freeway, so I don't know if this is the most materialistic place in the world.  I do know that it appears that people here are more materialistic than the people in other places I've been. 

Yes, in SoCal, you are what you drive.  You are judged very seriously by what you drive.  You are an extension of your car, or your car is an extension of you.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#4283512 - 06/11/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doom said:
Quote:

Frog said:
Quote:

Doom said:

its interesting that your reply has nothing to do with my post, but is rather a self-obsessed monologue.

Possiblee Zis iz zee rooot ov your problemzs?

I suppose I could be a self-obsessed person, but I don't think I am.

I should have quoted your entire post, which included my initial post:

Quote:

Doom said:
Quote:

Frog said:
My observation: Assholes (or whatever you want to call people who lie, cheat and steal) are the norm, good people (who don't lie, cheat and steal) are the exception.

This thread could also be entitled, "Have your opinions on the human race become jaded?"

I thought that in your response, you were implying that people aren't really assholes, because you have lived in many different countries. So I figured that I was wrong in my interpretation of whether people are assholes or not, so I was saying that maybe I'm wrong and just a little jaded right now.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#4283542 - 06/11/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Can't you see the contradiction in your post. You said you lied twice and then you, in the same breath said you don't.

Yes, I said I lied twice in one year, when in general, I don't lie.

I should maybe explain. Maybe it's my profession, but lately I'm noticing that many of the people in my profession are motivated by greed. Personally, I think there's enough money for everyone. I don't think we should cut each other's throats over it.

I have moved several times because of greed. I thought there was a friendship, and then it turns out that there is no friendship, that the primary motivation for the relationship is money.

This attorney I am sharing an office with became an asshole over a $250 money issue. Money isn't that important to me. I decided to move out of here. I told him he could keep the money that was coming in on some big cases. I would feel dirty taking it. I refuse to fight over money.

I don't know if this is just limited to my profession. So I through out there the idea that people are assholes, in general. But maybe they're not. Maybe it's only my profession. Sorry if I am self-absorbed. I can only talk about things from my perspective.

And maybe it's only a rhetorical question. There's no money issue involved with this forum, but I've noticed from time to time that people can be assholes here. It's all probably just about ego, and money is one big ego-inflating factor, isn't it?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4283570 - 06/11/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well like I said in my origional post. We are all good and bad. After that it is a matter of degree.

Being a lawyer and not distorting truth to win would seem imposible. You would have to do some pretty fancy mental gymnastics to say lying isn't part of the profession. Sorry but that's my hit on it. But lawyers are just like everyone else. Except they usually get paid more. :grin: :heart:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#4283682 - 06/11/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Well like I said in my origional post. We are all good and bad. After that it is a matter of degree.

Being a lawyer and not distorting truth to win would seem imposible. You would have to do some pretty fancy mental gymnastics to say lying isn't part of the profession. Sorry but that's my hit on it. But lawyers are just like everyone else. Except they usually get paid more. :grin: :heart:

I had a mentor some years back who had at that time been an attorney for 25 years.  He said he never lied, and that if you ever had to lie about a case, then you didn't have a good case, and you should not take that case.

He taught me how to lie without lying.  :grin:

A recent incident was about a week ago when I went to court late.  I had thought it was the kind of hearing where you can show up any time.  Turns out it had been specially scheduled.  I had been working out and went in at 2:00 instead of 1:30.  I explained to the judge, when I found out that I was in trouble, that I had been detained in a previous engagement.  He didn't have to know that the previous engagement was my workout.  Is that lying???

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom