Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineharpd
Passing By

Getting drunk on the come-down
    #4282787 - 06/11/05 08:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My last several trips on mushrooms or acid, I've gotten into a pretty regular routine of tripping through sunset, smoking pot the whole trip, and then getting drunk with my friends as I'm coming down. I've found it helps me extend the benefits of a good trip throughout the whole night without any crash at the end of the trip. Does anyone else like to drink as they come down?

DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: harpd]
    #4282796 - 06/11/05 08:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Most definitely. Nothing finishes off a trip as nicely as the company of friends and some cold brews, especially outdoors. I quit drinking, but might still squeeze a few beers in here and there for such occasions.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4282899 - 06/11/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I can't say I agree, unless the alcohol involved is chilled, good white wine.

Usually when I'm in a psychedelic state, alcohol repulses me. But whatever floats your boat dude! :thumbup:

I'll stick to smoking till I pass on out.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4282963 - 06/11/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In my group we've got a tradition of popping open one or two beers in the afterphase of a mushroom/LSD session. Its not just earthly, but also we found that a LITTLE bit of alcohol when you're coming down intensifies your closed-eye visuals. But: literally 1 or 2 beers, no more or you lose clarity.

And before going to bed (night session) we clang together a good shotglass of icecold J?germeister and slam it down our throats, but thats a nightcap & ritualistic thing.
The Session isnt over till the J?germeister hits the spot :thumbup:

I only drink J?germeister at the close of a session, so that square green bottle with the deer has a strong LSD association for me :evil:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: Asante]
    #4283007 - 06/11/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I love a beer or two during comedown... more and I get too drunk to enjoy the comedown. I get extra sensitive to alcohol late in a trip.

J?ger before bed? Good idea! But I like Absinthe...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: Rose]
    #4285024 - 06/11/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Drinking is one thing, but getting drunk is most certainly another, especially after a psychedelic experience.

To drink a beer with close friends after tripping would be wonderful. But I couldn't fathom drinking for the hell of it after a trip. I usually just enjoy the euphoria of come downs and happily reflect on my trip, analysing and assessing what I've learnt in a somewhat more sober state. I wouldn't want to kill this amazing euphoric state to get drunk.

When I trip and I'm in that mood, getting drunk and throwing it all away for something I can do any weekend just repulses me as well. I could definitely go for getting drunk, or getting high on a psychedelic, but the two don't also go hand in hand. The come downs are usually my most favorite part of tripping so I personally wouldn't drink all too much. I'd imagine two beer getting me pretty tipsy if I were coming down from even a moderate dose.

I'm sure whatever you do, you'll have fun. Just make sure you don't drink too much, and have a good time!

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: browndustin]
    #4285053 - 06/11/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have never drank while coming down but one time when I was camping with some friends, we ate shrooms around one in the afternoon. I tripped for about five hours and then some of my friends decided to leave. It sucks when trip buddies leave right after the trip! I had fully come down and we set about drinking some beers and jager after the sun went down. I had like three shots and maybe four or five beers, which would normally lube me up pretty well. But, I couldn't really feel it, I was the opposite, alcohol had little effect on me compared to how it normally does.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinenickpdx
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: mecreateme]
    #4285475 - 06/12/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't really like being drunk, and especially not if I'm tripping - I just feel like it's an inapropriate thing to do. So basically, I don't drink. I much prefer having a nice moderate smoke session pre/post trip.  :mushroom2: :heart:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: nickpdx]
    #4285480 - 06/12/05 01:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, pot and alcohol are odd... if you enjoy them... they are nice during come down, if you don't... tripping won't make it better.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: Rose]
    #4285691 - 06/12/05 03:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

White wine tastes DELICIOUS when your tripping. Its really amazing. The fruity flavors just come out more than youd ever think.
Granted, this is only from a few experiences and not something I can apply to everyone, but there seems to be something to it, as I have a few other friends who would agree.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4285867 - 06/12/05 05:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

I'll stick to smoking till I pass on out.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: BanJankri]
    #4286033 - 06/12/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I can't seem to drink alcohol when I trip....I just don't seem to want it or smoke. I will smoke before, and occasionally after, but I remain the purist during I guess. Water...that's the craving I get, and lots of it.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: mecreateme]
    #4286044 - 06/12/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I understand what you're saying about not feeling that drunk if you drink while you're still tripping. Once, a friend and I drank beer through an entire trip. We split a case of bud light beginning immediately after we dosed, and I didn't feel drunk at all through the trip. Once I came down though, I went from tripping really hard to slowly being more and more drunk until the effects of the trip were completely replaced by being staggering, shit faced drunk.

However, this is no longer the way I drink in combination with a trip. Like most of you have said, I like to enjoy the complacency of coming down, and I usually only drink a beer or two while I'm still tripping. As the effects of my trip begin to wear off and I come back down to baseline, instead of slowly leveling off, I like to slowly get drunk so that my night looks something like this:

6PM Dose
8-10PM Peak
11PM drink a beer or two as I come down
12AM the trip is basically over, so I continue drinking
1:30 AM NOW I'm pretty drunk, and I'll continue drinking with friends throughout the night as I normally would.

I find that after a good trip with friends, I've worked out any issues I may have been dealing with, and I'm much more relaxed and open with my friends. This makes for a very fun vibe throughout a night of partying, especially at a show or a big party. It doesn't make for the most philosophical trip, but the last few times I've tripped it's been for a big event like a festival. In that atmosphere, I'm not trying to have a spiritual or philosophical trip. I'm just trying to add what I can to a group celebration. Tripping followed by drinking is a good way for me to understand how I fit in with my group of friends in a party atmosphere.

I'm not entirely sure that made sense, and some of you will certainly disagree with what I've said, but that's where I'm at right now in my relationship with mushrooms. Hope you found my perspective interesting.

Peace,
DHarp

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4286107 - 06/12/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

After a trip the last thing I'm thinking about is getting intoxicated, I'd rather sit and think about what just happened while blazing a few bowls.  :thumbup:  To each their own though..

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4287547 - 06/12/05 04:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

When I'm partying hard,  I must say I consume some orange juice and rum along with the psychedelic. Gives good energy :smile:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#4289198 - 06/12/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've actually never drank during the come down. I've drank rhum before, and Jack Daniel's during (to no effect)... but a cold brew would probably go down nicely after a trip.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: MeThoD]
    #4289681 - 06/13/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes I find myself drinking myself back to sobriety if that makes any sense.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4290170 - 06/13/05 03:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I like alcohol when coming down. My come downs are always terrible and depressing though.

--------------------

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Getting drunk on the come-down [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4293256 - 06/13/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My come downs are awesome....I smile like a mofo in reflection upon the miracle that just took place.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract