Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
SSRI's And Shrooms
    #4282424 - 06/11/05 04:22 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

For people who have taken psilocybin mushrooms on and off SSRI's:

Is there a vast, noticeable difference between trips on and off these anti-depressants? I took 2g awhile ago, while on Celexa...(unbeknownst to me this was a waste of money) - way too subtle for my liking; I've since ceased my daily intake of medication, and am now considering "tripping" again tomorrow, however this time at around 3g...should the two experiences be subject to an obvious contrast in intesnity? Because I'm trying hard to determine wether investing more money into this, or backing out of a possible lack luster high. Ignoring all tangible issues like their potency, and my own possible natural tolerance which I have taken into consideration...can't really fix tolerance, but I can at least stop myself from buying shitty shrooms. :smirk:

Edited by NosferatuMan (06/11/05 04:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRudra
Enlightened
 User Gallery

Loc: Potala
Re: SSRI's And Shrooms [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4282448 - 06/11/05 04:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

SSRI (paxil) and HBWR (LSA) got my serotonin levels very high. Tripping very hard.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: SSRI's And Shrooms [Re: Rudra]
    #4282477 - 06/11/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Do not take an SSRI recreationally. SSRI, if prescribed, diminishes the trip intensity.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
Re: SSRI's And Shrooms [Re: Signo]
    #4282712 - 06/11/05 09:52 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Signo said:
Do not take an SSRI recreationally. SSRI, if prescribed, diminishes the trip intensity.

Don't know if you're referring to me, but I did have a prescription.

bump

InvisibleFoci
me?
Loc: north pole
    #4289224 - 06/13/05 12:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i am taking wellbutrin and effexor... not exactly pure breed SSRI but i dont need any extra shrooms to trip. just remember not to eat long before you eat the mushrooms. and find out the half life for your SSRI, then maybe just skip a day and take the shrooms when its out of your body, not sure if that'd help but worth a shot.

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
    #4289565 - 06/13/05 01:44 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

When I was taking Effexor, then Zoloft, I found that each attempted trip was a no-go after the come-up started coming on. I'd notice the trip accelerating as though it was just on the verge of really taking off, then nothing. I could keep myself at that low level for maybe an hour or two, then it would completely fade. Eventually I found that I could sort of trip for a little while on doses over 5 grams, but I knew that doing those sorts of doses was playing with fire; if I ever were to "break through" after taking a dose like that, I could be in trouble.

About a month after I quit taking antidepressants, I noticed that my trips were going a lot further and lasting much longer (the usual six hours or so, rather than two at most). When I first signed up for the message boards here at the Shroomery, I was worried that I'd never be able to have a full-blown psychedelic experience; now I never need more than an eighth to get everything I want out of the experience. SSRIs affect different people in vastly different ways; for me they caused an almost complete tolerance to even high doses of mushrooms. It took all of at least a month after I quit SSRIs altogether for my tolerance to get down to where I could trip hard enough for my liking. Others only need to stop taking their SSRIs for a day or two to get their tolerance low enough to have as strong a trip as they want. But most people on SSRIs do report some noticeable level of tolerance to psychedelics, to one degree or another. But being able to get more out of mushroom experiences was the main motivation for me to quit; besides, the personal insights I've gained from my trips have been far more beneficial to me than antidepressants ever were.

Getting off of SSRIs can be hell; I tapered my dose down by 75% in under two weeks, then stopped altogether, and it was rough. Most people's tolerance doesn't seem to be nearly as high as mine was, so even aside from the dangers and discomforts of quitting your SSRI abruptly, it may not even be necessary. Try skipping at least a day, or two depending on how quickly you start getting withdrawal after missing dose(s), and see if that's sufficient. Doing 3g instead of just 2 should help, but use caution with any increases in dosage much over that. Good luck, and safe and happy tripping!

- Catch

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience