Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Does this look like bruising?
    #4282119 - 06/11/05 01:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I first noticed it on the cake about 2 days ago, it was in two spots and it hasn't spread since. Today I noticed the dark patch on the stem of the big mushie. Is this bruising? Other than the recent blue spot on the stem it hasn't spread at all. I read on the forums that sometimes cakes can develope bruises when they dry out? I left the humidifier off for about a day so the cake may have gotten a little dry with all the fannings I've been doing.

Thoughts?

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Does this look like bruising? [Re: beyondsisxth]
    #4282138 - 06/11/05 01:48 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yea thats bruising.

Nice pins you got there.

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

It's always tea-time, and we've no time to wash the things between whiles.

Don't be a fool, this is a war on drugs. Act like. The government sure does!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4282139 - 06/11/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Dryness can definatly cause bruising. Looks very much like bruising to me, although the pics almost make me unsure...the fact that it dried out, and that it hasnt grown at all and its been two days..makes me more sure its bruising...so I'd say your probably ok.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Does this look like bruising? [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #4282150 - 06/11/05 01:53 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, its my last surviving cake. I think I'd cry if I lost him now.

Prometheus is his name, btw... I hope I'm not the only one here who names his myc patches/casings/cakes (just cakes for me atm).

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4282154 - 06/11/05 01:54 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

No but I did name my first mushroom...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Does this look like bruising? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4282171 - 06/11/05 02:01 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well this is my first cake, so I guess its fitting.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4282790 - 06/11/05 10:53 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I had the same thing happen to just about all of my cakes. Bluing and stalling. I either added some H2O to the verm. in the lids the cake was sitting on or put the cake directly on the perlite in the bottom of my tub and they took off again after that. They will seem a little water-logger when you pick them, but they will get much bigger AND finally mature this way!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation