Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX]
    #4279137 - 06/10/05 09:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Bulverde man faces life in prison
June 10, 2005 - herald-zeitung.com

BULVERDE, TX - A 19-year-old Bulverde man was arrested Wednesday night on drug charges that could send him to prison for the rest of his life.

Scott M. Lowrey was booked for the alleged possession of between 4 and 400 grams of a controlled substance, penalty group 2. The substance was reportedly a pound of mushrooms that are illegal under the Texas Penal Code because they contain the psychoactive chemical psilocybin, a compound similar to LSD.

If proved, the offense is a first-degree felony punishable by five to 99 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

Lowrey posted a $20,000 bail and was released from custody Thursday.

Lowrey was parked at a service station at Texas 46 and U.S. 281 at 11:45 p.m., when Bulverde police officer Daniel Vera stopped to investigate his vehicle because it had been there for an extended period of time.

"We've been having beer runs and cigarette runs, and they've been hitting our ATM machines over here," Vera said.

When the officer approached the vehicle, Lowrey and another young man initially refused to get out of the car, Vera said.

The mushrooms were found during a search of the vehicle.

Vera said Bulverde police are working hard to suppress drug activity in the community.

"There's a big drug thing going on over here," the officer said. "There's a lot of methamphetamine and we're looking hard for it. This is the first time I've seen that quantity of mushrooms."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: veggie]
    #4279207 - 06/10/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So a person is facing life in prison for sitting in their car too long in parking lot... too bad he wasn't raping a little girl, he would have only be looking at a few years in jail for that.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: Seuss]
    #4279252 - 06/10/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

He probably just finished hunting with his friend. :sad:  Fuck Texas.

On a side note, happy birthday Veggie!

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleveggieM

Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: Seuss]
    #4279511 - 06/10/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
So a person is facing life in prison for sitting in their car too long in parking lot... too bad he wasn't raping a little girl, he would have only be looking at a few years in jail for that.

You don't know how right you are. I saw a story reported today that just sickens me, and shows the total insanity and disparity with crimes and sentences. A 23 year-old woman was convicted of killing her newborn baby and sentenced to 60 days in jail - to be served on weekends. LINK

On a side note, thanks SuperD.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #4279555 - 06/10/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Quote:

Seuss said:

You don't know how right you are. I saw a story reported today that just sickens me, and shows the total insanity and disparity with crimes and sentences. A 23 year-old woman was convicted of killing her newborn baby and sentenced to 60 days in jail - to be served on weekends. LINK

On a side note, thanks SuperD.

that story is sickening.  It's amazing what people can get away with by pleading "depression".  :mad2:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: Liz]
    #4279737 - 06/10/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Could get life in prison for a mushroom........This is just fucking insane.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4279884 - 06/10/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

this is completely insane.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4281010 - 06/10/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well suck me sideways... what a fucked up sitaution.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #4281136 - 06/10/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thats how these small town judges, and d.a.'s do it in Texas.
They'd give him the death penalty if they could.

--------------------

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: Dreamer987]
    #4281404 - 06/10/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My Dad's on his 15th month in prison for cultivating medical marijuana. He hasn't been sentenced yet, and the max penalty he's facing is 16 yrs...

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: Kalix]
    #4333366 - 06/24/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

BUMP*

this is such bullshit, I knew how harsh the laws on mushrooms are here in Texas, I've just never heard of anyone getting caught with them. Has anyone heard anything else about this? This is a teenager with his whole life ahead of him, and they're going to ruin his life over some mushrooms. I want to get the fuck out of here.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4333491 - 06/24/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

*grabs rifle*
**attacks Texas and Florida**
***dies :sad:***

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4336122 - 06/25/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Texas is one of the worst states in the U.S., up there with Alabama.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: Ravus]
    #4336224 - 06/25/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This entire story gives me a real creepy feeling. 

I want to move. :shiftyeyes:

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: MOTH]
    #4338194 - 06/26/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lol, you guys act like hes going away for life or even the minimal sentence for real. are you stoned stupid or what. He will be fine, especially if it is his first offense. he is young, so i'd imagine his record has little or nothing on it and is going to be fine. no offense, but why ya'll got to be dramatic about the whole thing, he aint even going to see prison if his record is clean, maybe not even jail, just a lot of probation and money to pay.

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #4338204 - 06/26/05 12:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Green_Glow said:
why ya'll got to be dramatic about the whole thing

Uh...maybe because getting in legal trouble because you have a FUNGUS in your possession is ABSURD. 

But then again, I've always been the dramatic type.  :smirk:

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: 19 year old faces life in prison for mushrooms [TX] [Re: MOTH]
    #4338232 - 06/26/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

dont turn this into something its not. its not just a mushroom, it is a drug. thats why it is illegal, because it fucks your brain up and uncle sam is only down the alcohol and tobaccy(should be illegal as well). you act like the dude was just minding his own business with a portabella in his pocket, just some harmless mushroom that doenst have any chance of impairing ones mind to wreck a vehicle or go crazy and stab people and not even remember it. As if he wasnt going to eat them and risk endangering others lives behind that wheel(you can say he may not have eaten them and drove, but cant rule out that he wouldnt, either way that is irrelevant i guess).

i have no pity, you break the law, you deal with the consequences, its simple and fair because YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING HAS CONSEQUENCES.

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4338298 - 06/26/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It is the people like you who willingly follow an unjust law that I have pity for. Human beings have a right to put substances into their body if they use them responsibly. (which means never placing another person's life at risk by sitting behind the wheel of a car)

The more the government tries to legislate and force reponsibility on people using these draconian methods of persuasion, the more personal responsibility will continue to deteriorate. At the point of legislation this invaluable trait loses its power as an intrinsic human quality, becoming merely law. People will break the law, but tend to become significantly more excited when they sense the movement of their spirit. (The power of religion is a prime example of this)

Relying on the government for responsibility in everything stunts human growth, and thus people forget the strength is in them to use personal responsibility at their will. People will no concept of personal responsibility will never learn to use drugs in a manner respectful of the drug, themselves or others.

I think everyone who uses illegal drugs is acutely aware of the consequences at hand. However, that doesn't mean they have to agree with them. People must always do what's best for themselves.

I will not get into an arguement with you now because I can see that we will not see eye to eye. That is fine and I can respect your position even if I don't agree with it. Social safety has always been a compelling arguement for constricting ones individual freedom, all throughout history. I believe a balance is best.

Offlineandrooouk
Stranger
    #4338589 - 06/26/05 06:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Green_Glow said:
dont turn this into something its not.  its not just a mushroom, it is a drug. thats why it is illegal, because it fucks your brain up and uncle sam is only down the alcohol and tobaccy(should be illegal as well).  you act like the dude was just minding his own business with a portabella in his pocket, just some harmless mushroom that doenst have any chance of impairing ones mind to wreck a vehicle or go crazy and stab people and not even remember it.  As if he wasnt going to eat them and risk endangering others lives behind that wheel(you can say he may not have eaten them and drove, but cant rule out that he wouldnt, either way that is irrelevant i guess). 

i have no pity, you break the law, you deal with the consequences, its simple and fair because YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING HAS CONSEQUENCES.

no drug should be illegal, especially a mushroom!!... its a fungus, it grows naturally.. the law is absurd  :thumbdown:

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4338697 - 06/26/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Green_Glow said:

Dude,you are soooo a cop....just couldn't keep it quiet huh.....

why are you even here,man....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract