Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Drudge Report: BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE
    #4269953 - 06/07/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The following appeared on Drudge Report, (link)
- the link may disappear or change because the web site's links often change for breaking items.

Quote:

PAPER: BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE
Tue Jun 07 2005 19:07:22 ET

A White House official who once led the oil industry's fight against curbs on greenhouse gases has repeatedly edited government climate reports in ways that play down links between such emissions and global warming, according to internal documents.

The NEW YORK TIMES is planning a Wednesday splash on the development, newsroom sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

NYT reporter Andrew Revkin is urgently filing the report.

"In handwritten notes on drafts of several reports issued in 2003, the official, Philip Cooney, removed or adjusted descriptions of climate research that government scientists and their supervisors, including some senior Bush administration officials, had already approved."

Developing...

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Drudge Report: BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4269993 - 06/07/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The Bush administration being a little loose with facts and having selective memory and focuses.....say it ain't so!

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Drudge Report: BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4270028 - 06/07/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Years and years of scientific research being chopped to shit by someone who doesn't even understand what makes water boil. Fucking disgusting.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Drudge Report: BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4270087 - 06/07/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
The Bush administration being a little loose with facts and having selective memory and focuses.....say it ain't so!

Shame on you! Any RIGHT THINKING drone would not doubt this administration. Obviously this is bullshit coming from Drudge, the left wing media darling... You'd have to be UN-AMERICAN and with the terrorists to doubt the administration of our idiot savant president. Next you're going to tell us Bush is in the pocket of Big Oil, when this is obviously a ploy by the American haters to smear our patriotic administration. You left wingers said the same thing about the facts leading up to our defensive actions in Iraq which have saved countless American lives. You wouldn't know a great president if he spent your country into the poor house.

Goddamn hippies...

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4270549 - 06/08/05 01:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The NEW YORK TIMES is planning a Wednesday splash on the development, newsroom sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

http://nytimes.com/2005/06/08/politics/0...artner=homepage

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Drudge Report: BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE [Re: Tao]
    #4271128 - 06/08/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Since the NYT makes up its stories as it goes along, and since real sources are superfluous to the Times, what difference does it make what it "splashes."

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4272593 - 06/08/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

no flaming in PAL, hippy

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Drudge Report: BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4280936 - 06/10/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just a quick update:

Scott McClellan made no attempt to no attempt to discredit the Times' story. Instead, he tried to pass off this downplaying of global warming as an apparently unavoidable effect of 'the interagency review process,' and totally fucked up.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/06/20050608-2.html

There's some gems in there.
Here's a good one:

Quote:

Q The person in question, Phil Cooney, does he have any scientific background at all?

MR. McCLELLAN: Like I said, there are policy people and scientists who are involved in this process, in the interagency review process. And he's one of the policy people involved in that process, and someone who's very familiar with the issues relating to climate change and the environment.

Q Because of his work lobbying for the oil industry?

McClellan really is the perfect example of why I hate the two party system. His briefings are excruciating. Bring back Ari Fleischer!

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder