Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Encountering the feminine
    #4280673 - 06/10/05 06:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a strange idea I had for next time I have the opportunity to visit with the mushrooms. I've never had a mushroom experience in which I entered into it specifically seeking to have an encounter with a certain "sprit" I guess most people would call it. A few days ago, though, I got an idea into my head that seemed brilliant at first, then just plain silly, and eventually somewhere in the middle, i.e., that I might be onto something useful, but it may not be all that feasible.

To sum up the situation, lately I've been having some issues with past relationships and failed attempts at forging new relationships with women in my life. My lightning bolt idea was to use the mushrooms to converse with that thing in the world we refer to as "the Feminine." Off the wall as it may sound, I really feel that it could help. I've had journeys before where I was able to reach a deep, meditative state where I went into my own mind and had what I can only describe as encounters with Others, -- not individual beings, but life forces. I was able to converse with and temporarily assume the identity of these forces.

The reason that I think that I might really have a shot at having a useful encounter with the Feminine is that I once had a trip in which I really felt that I understood something about women. (Crazy, eh?) Some background: 4 grams if my memory serves me correctly; I'd smoked some weed and drank a few beers just before I dosed. This was at least a year ago now. Basically, my "revelation" came down to this: We all (both women and men), when we speak, are playing a language game. In other words, all of our talk is, at its core, really about language. During this trip, I sat and listened to my sister and one of her best friends talk. I was a flower on the wall, absorbing everything that was said. It was the most mundane conversation (about work, recent parties, the latest gossip going around in their circle of friends, etc.), but as I listened, I felt as though I truly understood the mindset that they shared, but which was completely foreign to me as a man. The revelation was that women are playing a very different langauge game than men are, and as I sat in that state and listened to these two women play the game by their rules (it helped that I was so far gone inside my own head that they were able to speak as though I wasn't there). And, for that time, it was as though I could look through the "plays" they were making in the game and see the rules of it. I promptly forgot it soon thereafter because, just like so many essays, songs and jokes I've composed in my head while tripping, I failed to write anything down afterward. This time around, though, I want to seek out what I'd only just begun to tap into during the trip I just described, and if I'm successful, it'll certainly make for one hell of a trip report--no forgetting to write anything down this time!

Am I way off here for thinking that this is even possible? Here's one of my main concerns. One of the first rules of tripping I learned was that it's best just to "let it happen." In other words, there's a school of thought that says that going into any trip with any preset expectations is just looking for trouble, especially at higher doses. (I'd be looking to do somewhere between 5 and 5.5 grams this time around.) My best idea for how to go about it was basically to trip around women in a feminine setting and again just sit and listen and try to re-encounter what I'd just barely brushed up against last time, spend some time with it and really get intimately acquainted with it for as long as I could stay in its presence inside my head. Any other suggestions for how this could actually be a success? Pre-trip reading suggestions? Further ideas for what I'll need to do to obtain the right set and setting? Any general tips on how to seek out a particular type of trip and actually get there, or just how to remember more of what you learned during a trip? Ideas from the female psychnauts here at the Shroomery are especially appreciated.

- Catch

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Encountering the feminine [Re: joeythecatch]
    #4281552 - 06/10/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Anything's possible...

But talking to actual women may yield quicker results. :wink:

Passing By

Re: Encountering the feminine [Re: Rose]
    #4282024 - 06/11/05 01:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've always thought that you can learn a lot about social interaction and interpersonal relationships from mushroom trips. I'd say even if you're not around a lot of women during your next few trips, since you have females on the mind, that's what you'll spend the majority of your time thinking about. In any case, after a few more trips, you'll figure out the different vibes that women and men put out and the way they fit together. Take note not only of the way women act towards each other, but also towards men. Woman to woman interaction is very different than woman to man interaction. Like you said, a conversation is not only about the words being said, but about how they're being said and with what effect on the conversation. Relationships between men and women can be difficult to understand, but you have one of the best tools for interpreting these relationships: an objective perspective. Take a mild dose (maybe 2.5-3 grams dry) and try to talk to some female friends of yours. You'll figure out where they're coming from, what they're looking for, and what you need to do. I hope you have some productive and fulfilling trips in the near future.

Good Luck,

When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Re: Encountering the feminine [Re: harpd]
    #4282441 - 06/11/05 04:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I would recommend trying it in a non-psychadelic state first. See if you can re-visit what you had there and re-interpret what you were perceiving with a fresh mind, maybe use that as a stepping stone for a psychadelic journey into the psyche of a woman (an exercise in futility I assure you)  :whatever:

User Gallery

Re: Encountering the feminine [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4282643 - 06/11/05 08:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

you dont need to be high,it helps,but begin observing anyones behaviour and language
slight sexual references,infantile behaviours,parental imitative behaviours
often times its useful to keep a very open mind,stray from absolutes and generalizations,everyone is different,every single person,every cell,every particle,is a different story
its more frustrating,but at least this way in your studies you dont end up being a narrow minded bleating fool

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience