Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Kratom, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrendL
Stranger
My new kratom plant arrived!!
    #4280437 - 06/10/05 04:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hello again!

Last Tuesday my new kratom plant finally arrived. (I had to pre-order it in January 05) and I must say that I was pleasantly suprised. Unlike my 3 previous plants (they all died), this plant is large and looks strong and healthy. 70 cm (about 27") tall and as thick a finger.
I know there is a lot of fake kratom on the market but I guess it is a real kratom plant. I am not 100% sure because it only has a few leaves and they are still very small. Check pictures for reference.

In case somebody is interested/some history: I live in Europe and it is very hard to get a live kratom plant over here. I'm not even sure if I can grow it here (I mean inside, outside won't work because it's too cold during the winter-period)
In the past I ordered 2 plants from the USA but they never made it because customs destroyed them.They did not have the right certificate. I ordered 3 plants from Australia, 1 arrived with a crack and died 2 weeks later; the other 2 died also: reason unknown but I guess it were aphids.

This plant comes from a German vendor which is specialized in exotic plants/trees(the link is posted in one of my earlier messages). It costed me 32 euros (shipping included) and arrived one day after notification that it was being sent.
Hope to post some more pictures of this plant in a later stadium soon. Keep you informed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: My new kratom plant arrived!! [Re: GrendL]
    #4280993 - 06/10/05 07:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:cheers:  :grin:

So ya ordered it from that one german supplier?

I was turned off about him because he didn't know much about the plants, and told me he was importing them from Thailand (where they are illegal).

But it indeed looks much like the kratom pics i've seen. And it isn't hairy like the Parvifolia species is supposed to be.
It's not expensive at all. I think i'm gonna have to buy one if he's not out of them yet  :grin:

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#4281044 - 06/10/05 08:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If the guy had the plants in a greenhouse you may want to use a humidity tent to acclimatize it to your conditions.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: My new kratom plant arrived!! [Re: esin]
    #4281890 - 06/11/05 12:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe this will help. Good luck on your new plant!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4189350

OfflineFunkey
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: My new kratom plant arrived!! [Re: Frappy]
    #4282638 - 06/11/05 08:33 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Nice to see you're still hanging around here, Grendl!! Cool that you still hadn't given up on your search! I'm gonna order me one too I think!

--------------------
SING WHILE YOU MAY...

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: My new kratom plant arrived!! [Re: Funkey]
    #4291461 - 06/13/05 03:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Esin: Hope you can find one. Let me know what happened.
Frappy: This is a very interesting article, seems you have a lot of kratom-growing experience. I already read it when you wrote it a few months ago and wanted to search it again. Thx for the quick-link.
Funckey: Hi again! I was always here.... only a bit too busy to answer.
I checked that German site and it seems that they are still in stock.
If you guys need help in German translation, just let me know.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#4292667 - 06/13/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I contacted him. He told me they are in stock but he has to wait to see which ones survive before he can send me one.

He's supposed to email me once he knows more.

Is she doing fine so far?

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: My new kratom plant arrived!! [Re: esin]
    #4294875 - 06/14/05 02:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Got it a week now and nothing changed.... Seems ok to me. The leaves of my previous plants started to turn brown (later black)after a few days. keeping my fingers crossed.

OfflineLawrence
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada, Qc
    #4295413 - 06/14/05 05:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Nice plant 8) I heard its come tall

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #4321097 - 06/21/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

2 weeks later... It seems my kratom plant is growing. The first 10 days nothing changed but since last Saturday some leave-buds started to open and now all opened, leaves are growing about 1 cm a day.

Since last week we're in a heat wave and temperatures get as high as 30-35 degrees C(86-95F) and it's not going to change until next week so I am sprinkeling it several times a day. On a daily basis I also check if it's soil is wet enough and I only have to add water every 2 or 3 days. Guess it's because the leaves are still relatively small.
I kept it in it's original flowerpot and didn't add any fertilizer.
Not going to change that for the next few weeks.
Here's a pic, hope you like it;)

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #4686427 - 09/20/05 04:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

2 months later.... my kratom plant died.

And this time I have got every reason to be FRUSTRATED because:

- I prepared myself well. (took Frappy's article as a reference which teached me a lot)
- Bought a temp/humidity meter.
- Bought 2 growing lamps.
- Build myself some kind of a humidity chamber.
- Bought some kind of a device that waters my plant automatically.

So: I checked daily if my plant had enough water, temp was always between 21-27? C (70-80? F), humidity was 80-90% and growing lamp was on for 16h a day.

In the beginning my plant just stood in a room next to a window and as you can see in the previous post, all went well but suddenly leaves stopped growing and started to curl. That's the reason why I bought the above listed items and for a while (3 weeks)it seemed that the plant revived. Leaves started to grow again but very slowely and a-symmetric. I thought this was normal because the plant was replaced in a new environment.
Then it happened very quickly; within a week branches turned from green to brown and leaves fell down.

I do not known what might have caused this and it seems that I have no luck with growing kratom. This is my 4th plant in 10 months.
I spend about 500$ and all is lost. I don't even wanna think about the fact that I could have bought 3kg of leaves with this amount.
For the moment 'no growing kratom' over here. I know this will change one day but for the moment I have enough of it.

Oh yeah, As a psychological compensation I ordred 1000 empty gel caps (size OO) and a machine to fill those caps. It can fill 24 capsules in one time. I'm still waiting for it to arrive but something tells me this will give me better times....

Ps: Apologies for the long absence.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#4689049 - 09/21/05 03:34 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble. Did your humidity chamber provide proper air exchange?

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4689062 - 09/21/05 03:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

sorry man... must be very distressing...

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: My new kratom plant arrived!! [Re: Frappy]
    #4690492 - 09/21/05 04:03 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Frappy: About the fresh air: I must admit I did not take this in account. There were holes for ventilation. But as I say, I did not focus on that. Think this could be a reason?

Locus: Yes it is, but I'm not the type of person that gives up very quickly. So once I think I have found what might have be the cause, I probably start over again (although I promised my wife this was the last one because she's tired of receiving boxes with plants in it;) ).

Thanks for the support dudes.

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
    #4691201 - 09/21/05 06:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

THAT REALLY SUCKS..........

Now watch mine (when i get it) die in a very humid place?
ill bet for nothing also,now im worried about this plant(tree) making it
anywere but home?

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#4694640 - 09/22/05 12:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GrendL said:
Frappy: About the fresh air: I must admit I did not take this in account. There were holes for ventilation. But as I say, I did not focus on that. Think this could be a reason?

It surely could be. It depends on how much air is being circulated through your grow box. Plants in general need fresh air to grow. Its all a part of photosynthesis. Plants in general need CO2 light and water, and expel 02. Without proper air exchange they will essentially suffocate and die.

I never used a humidity tent or grow box. I started my plant indoors near a window, spraying the leaves with water at least twice daily, watering everyday making sure the soil was well drained. Once it was strong enough it was re-potted and put outside. Fortunately I live in an area that has relatively high humidity and warm temperatures. My kratom plant has been thriving since. Its now taller than my waistline. The only problems I've been having since then is wind occasionally beating a few leaves into the wall of the balcony, causing them to look a little ragged. Also, VERY rarely I will find a tiny piece of white fuzz on the underside of the leaves which I suspect to be some type of mold. Its easy to keep an eye on it while watering, so I just rub off the fuzz with my finger on the rare occasion it appears.

It really depends on how humid it is in the area you live. Perhaps you a little overboard on caring for your plant.. Loved it to death? I don't know. If you find it absolutely necessary to increase humidity past the point of spraying it with a water bottle, maybe run a humidifier on a timer, near the plant, without a tent. The leaves certainly do not need to be soaking wet all the time. This would also prevent them from getting proper air exchange.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Kratom, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden