Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
brf vs. pig feed
    #4279590 - 06/10/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i set up an experiment last week. half my jars brf, the other half, pig feed. both were mixed with a small amount of blood meal and some verm. of course it will be a while (until i eat them) that the true results will be known, but here is their progress.

my theory was if shrooms can grow out of what animals poo, then why won't they grow out of what they eat?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4280026 - 06/10/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

p.s. the pig food is on the right.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4280061 - 06/10/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Don't really know what to say.

Cept that the main difference is that feed has yet to be digested...Not sure if it's more benefical before digestion or After.

Either way, good luck :thumbup:

And what the hell is in pig feed?...

-Gnostic

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4280090 - 06/10/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

mostly grains and protiens. basically the same stuff that you find in the best cake recipes and it cost $7 for 50lbs.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

Offlinered914
Minion
Loc: Utah
    #4359143 - 07/01/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You City boys! Always makin with the clever jokes. The protein in pig pellets is made from cow crap. The protein in cow pellets comes from chicken crap. (ya startin to see a pattern here?) Pig crap is fed to fish on those big fish farms, fish crap is spread on fields to make fresh chicken grain. The general procedure is pasturize the crap to kill the smell, add grass to hold it together, pellet it, ship it. The chickens eat grain, which starts the process. The protein is controlled depending on what your product is. Each animal drops the protein about 2%. They used to grind up animal parts to sweeten the mixture, unfashionable since mad cow showed up. Really good chicken feed for egg layers is about 16% protein. Pig pellets would make an ideal mushroom media. Watch out for anti-biotics added to the food, usually a special order feed.

Invisiblebackupwards2
Stranger thanyou

Loc: in my mind
    #4361742 - 07/01/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hey iateshaggy any updates on the pigfeed experiment?
lets have one. interested to see what you came out with.
peace

--------------------
If you are not sure what you are doing STOP and go read some on what you are trying to do.

Offlineself_destrukt
n00b!
Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: backupwards2]
    #4362282 - 07/02/05 02:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. Pig feed seems like it might be a really good substrate.

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: self_destrukt]
    #4363021 - 07/02/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yours saying
feed chicken grains
use chicken shit to make cow food
use cow shit to make pig food
use pig shit to make fish food
use fish shit to fertilize grains.

:bongload: :bongload: :bongload:

I would also like to see an update.

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #4369221 - 07/04/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ask and you shall recieve...

i just used the last of my brf and i promise i'm not going buy any more. the pig feed is proving to be perfect. it requires less verm, holds water great, myc. loves it and it's dirt fuckin cheap. oh yeh, i tripped balls last night on my pb's...

--------------------

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4369230 - 07/04/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I hope thats not the same jar...  :wink:

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: metasin]
    #4369428 - 07/04/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it might be. it had a real fast initial growth but has slowed down a little but it's still going. is there any way to speed up a jar if it slows down?

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards2
Stranger thanyou

Loc: in my mind
    #4371698 - 07/05/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if that is the same jar 24 days later, something is wrong with it. maybe the water content is off in your pig feed. don't think i'll be trying it out. was hoping to see some fruiting results by now. hope it works out for ya.
peace

--------------------
If you are not sure what you are doing STOP and go read some on what you are trying to do.

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#4377716 - 07/06/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting results........although i suppose it makes perfect sense...

Maybe your water ratio was/is off though..... im sure it would be different from that of just brf....... you say you added less water to the pigfeed jars? if your growth is that uneven maybe the water dried up or was used up on that one side too fast......

Do you remember the exact ratios used (feed:water)???

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: Schwip]
    #4378110 - 07/06/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i wish i did. i have 2 theories for the slow down. one is i used not alot of spores for the sixe cakes i'm making, and the other is things dried up. i may try introducing some pc'd water in the mix for half the jars in the next day and see what happens. i was also wondering, if i took out the cakes and separated the uncolonized portions of the cakes...could i birth what was colonized since they do have a substancial mass?

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4378970 - 07/07/05 06:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the simplest thing for stalled growth is to ensure adequate gas exchange (get rid of any tape over holes) and allow carbon dioxide to escape by turning the jars upside down for a day. growth may also be stalled due to too much or not enough water, too cold, too tightly packed and so no airspaces, or a contaminant (not always visible or smellable).

good luck. it's a shame this pigfood stuff isn't more widely available - don't give up on those experiments :laugh:

--------------------
buh

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: shirley knott]
    #4379559 - 07/07/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i think it was the air. i turned them upside down a couple of days ago and one of them has shown significant growth in just a 2 day period. i know they are not cold cuz i keep a little space heater turned way down with them. i worry about the water content in some of them but even the ones that look dry have water droplets on the glass.

as for the pigfood...try http://www.nutrenaworld.com/

--------------------

Offlinered914
Minion
    #4393065 - 07/11/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I was over to Intermountain Farmers doing business this weekend, I asked about pig feed, the current lot is rather high in protein depending on the particular type and if it is for "show" and Finish hogs, nursing sows and the like. Others who may wish to try the experiment can get Potbelly Pig food at large pet stores. Be sure it is not medicated, but it will be really cheap, and be top quality. (says on the bag if medicated). It may take a large amount of vermiculite to keep it from packing hard as rock in the jar. Sounds like this experiment may be worth a bunch more jars to proof out.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Re: brf vs. pig feed [Re: red914]
    #4399605 - 07/13/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the jars are doing much better now. they all started growing again at an excellerated rate. you can see the growth rings. i've also started a 1/2 pint jar and it's doing as good as it's brf friends.

--------------------

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

#4404111 - 07/14/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

on the verm/food ratio, i just kinda played with it to find a good consistancy, but the pig food broke up alot fluffier than rice and doesn't pack nearly as hard. one could probably get away with less but i'm kinda new to this so i won't put this in stone. by the way, thanks again shirley.

--------------------

Offlinered914
Minion
    #4456286 - 07/26/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It has been a while, how is it comming?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order