Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Aldous Huxley, Ayahuasca, San Pedro, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineunearth
Stranger
does age matter
    #4279990 - 06/10/05 02:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

my friends brother wants to trip and hes only 13,will the trip be more intense for him eating 1/8 than an adult eating 1/8,and what about other drugs like acid

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: does age matter [Re: unearth]
    #4280063 - 06/10/05 03:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

IMO its not a good idea to start tripping before your brain has fully developed. 13 is way too young IMO. someone that age might not be able to make any sense of what happens.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: does age matter [Re: alsey]
    #4280087 - 06/10/05 03:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't want to get flamed for this, but i don't think it's bad if a 13 year old wants to integrate light mind-alteration (definitely not an eighth) into his/her life, if he/she thinks they can. I don't think it's a good idea to just feed a 13 y/o mushrooms without months of preperation. Lol, tim leary would be behind me.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily
 User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: does age matter [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4280114 - 06/10/05 03:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i dont think it could do any harm, my friend has been doin acid and mushrooms since he was 14, but he even said he would never go to high back then with mushrooms because he didnt know what it would do to him either. a low dose probably wont hurt.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: does age matter [Re: PreparationH]
    #4280128 - 06/10/05 03:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It makes sense that it's not good because their mind isn't fully developed, but isn't that a good thing? Starting before your ego is fully developed? I started tripping when i was 15, and think it helped me tremendously.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: does age matter [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4280395 - 06/10/05 04:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It might not be...it's hard to say, because the people during the first major psychedelic wave (the 60s) are now middle aged, and most of them don't go chatting around about their experiences.

Also, it seems it disillusioned a lot of them with modern society, which isn't a bad thing, but since money runs our society, I at least want to get a good career so I can support myself and a family.

If those guys are able to do that and be happy in a sub-society isolated from most of the world, then hell man, more power to them.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: does age matter [Re: dblaney]
    #4280615 - 06/10/05 05:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I know alot of kids who started doing drugs/psychadelics around age thirteen.

I'd suggest at least waiting until they were 15, or a freshman in high school.

--------------------
So it goes.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4280685 - 06/10/05 06:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Kids shouldn't be doing powerful psychedelics. Their brains are still very under developed.

It's a dumb risk to take.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: does age matter [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4282795 - 06/11/05 10:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't let him if I where you.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4283483 - 06/11/05 03:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. Age matters.

--13 is too young
--1/8 oz is too much

The ayahuasca churches in Brazil have a rule of thumb that say the minimum age for psychedelization is 14. Please note that this is a structured, ritualized enviroment where they will be tripping with their parents and relatives, where doctors and bricklayers trip side by side on doses corresponding to 1-1.5gr mushrooms. (5-20mg 4-HO-DMT)

At 13 the kid should be given a proper, thorough foundation in the principles and history of psychedelics. A genuine drug education. At a later age he can then indulge. He should be taught the joys of cultivating culinary mushrooms & hunting culinaries.

13 is an age where you prepare to become someone in this world. They should not be burdened with a whole different and SECRET world to cope with.

Legally a trip of a minor can in no way involve an adult. thats a great barrier to safety right there. Another barrier is gain: read The Doors of Perception (the full txt is in a recent mescaline thread) and wonder about the profundity a 13yo could have.
A 13yo ought to watch cartoons & skateboard and wrestle and otherwise harass his older brother. He shouldnt have to cope with a world where up is down, square is round and so on whilst lacking the life experience and PROFUNDITY to truly benefit from it.

I believe HPPD as I have it (been tripping lightly for 20.000 hours now, no lie) is aquiring the ability to trip without psychedelics. I foresee that the chance that a kid's sensorium will be altered for years or even lifelong is far greater than an adults, because at 13 your neurons are recombinating like mad to do just that: aquire abilities.

So you've got higher risks in health, development and legal risks and at the same time a decreased ability to derive beneficial effects from the experience. Definately not worth it.

Given our western culture 18 is the lower limit.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: does age matter [Re: Asante]
    #4284456 - 06/11/05 08:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't let him. It just seems like a bad idea. Let his mind develop enough, let him have more expirience with life. If he's a spirtual extremely cautious decision making type person, than maybe, but most 13 y/o are not. Most 13 y/o are just doing it for the fun and don't realize what they are really getting into. I'd let him keep smoking weed up until he's about 15 or 16 and then offer it. By then he should be able to deal with it better.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: does age matter [Re: beatnicknick]
    #4284540 - 06/11/05 09:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

He's 13 and he smokes weed?

What the fuck is the matter with this world? Doing drugs that young is just fucking stupid.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4284813 - 06/11/05 11:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
IMO its not a good idea to start tripping before your brain has fully developed. 13 is way too young IMO. someone that age might not be able to make any sense of what happens.

For the first trip, i dont think it matters what age you are, you will NEVER be able to make sense of whats happening.

13 is too young. Tell the little bugger to wait until hes 15 atleast.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4285859 - 06/12/05 07:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

He's 13 and he smokes weed?

What the fuck is the matter with this world? Doing drugs that young is just fucking stupid.

At age 13 you should stuff firecrackers up mailboxes, not up your brain :thumbdown:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4287347 - 06/12/05 05:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

(Apparently you just deleted the post that corrected my confusion)

I got that other guy confused with you... it's hard to keep track of different people when they don't have signatures or avatars.

Probably 95% of people that have done psychedelics have smoked weed first. If the kid hasn't smoked weed (which he definitely shouldn't be doing) then it would probably be even more confusing for him.

It seems like a lot of people (especially from these boards) have started smoking weed at 12, 13 or 14, and it's just absolutely nuts. Another reason why weed should be legal and controlled.

Drugs should be avoided for as long as possible while the brain is growing.

Offlineunearth
Stranger
    #4291200 - 06/13/05 02:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

well he has smoked weed,but he doesnt do it.and thanks heavy toilet and everyone else for the info

OfflineProtexBlue292
Stranger
    #4292443 - 06/13/05 07:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I think that he might wanna wait a year or two before he tries them, simply because he's probably not ready for the experience.

OfflineHippie
officialdeadhead

Loc: here & now
    #4293057 - 06/13/05 10:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:It seems like a lot of people (especially from these boards) have started smoking weed at 12, 13 or 14, and it's just absolutely nuts. Another reason why weed should be legal and controlled.

I very much agree with you on the legal and controlling issue, but I think for many people, smoking pot at a young age didn't do any harm.
For myself, I know it didn't (physically).
I am going to be completely honest. When I was in junior high school, I got kicked out for "delivering" pot to some kid. It was outside of school and not on school property, but the kid brought it to school. I think THAT and cases like that are the only slim ways that it can REALLY effect someone at that young of an age (this is, if they are ready to use it - it can be, after all, a psychedelic drug).
Am I rambling now?  :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineHedgeWych
Seeking

Loc: Pacific North West
    #4293117 - 06/13/05 10:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alsey said:

I have to agree here.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4293203 - 06/13/05 11:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I first smoked bud when I was 13, and did mushrooms when I was 14. I had no negative side effects, and it was one of the best things in my life to that date.

But I was always ahead of my age mentally. If he's just some immature kid wanting to get fucked up, I'd recommend keeping him away from mushrooms, especially if he's not even used to weed yet.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Aldous Huxley, Ayahuasca, San Pedro, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience