Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Water droplets on casings?!
    #4278868 - 06/10/05 05:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My friend just put his 3 first casings ever into his new terrarium. So far everything looks good except there are alot of water droplets collecting on the exposed parts of mycelium. I don't think it's overlayed, but the parts that are poking through seem to have lots of tiny water droplets on them. My friend is using a cool mist humidifier on 24/7 and an ultrasonic once every hour and a half for 10 minutes. Are the timings probably off? Does this normally happen with an ultrasonic set up, or should my buddy tinker with it more?

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Water droplets on casings?! [Re: lemunhed]
    #4279509 - 06/10/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Eh? Any takers on my question... going twice...

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #4279664 - 06/10/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think that's a good thing... the last time i tried casings they got water on them, and that caused nothing but yellowing and a lot of overlay. I think the humidity is just a tad high in the grow room.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Water droplets on casings?! [Re: Hrethic]
    #4279786 - 06/10/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is the lid of your tetarrium coated with droplets of water? If so, that will f up your work quick. Take some vaseline and rub down the lid of the tetarrium to prevent that.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Water droplets on casings?! [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4280766 - 06/10/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Na thers no water on the lid, its just on the lower sides of the container and casings. I toled my friend to take the ultrasonic off, as there has been a heat wave in my area and with the added evaporation due to the heat, it seems his coolmist is putting out enough humidity for his casings.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

#4280830 - 06/10/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, the humidity sounds way too high in there. You don't need the cool mist for one and you need to buy an electrical timer (Cheap, like $2.00) for your ultrasonic. In all reality, all you need for your casing is temperature control and light. There should be enough humidity in the casing layer itself to initiate pinning. That being said, if he wants to continue using cool mist/ultrasonic, he needs to cut two holes about the circumfrance of apples into the top of his lid, and stuff with polyfill. Hope this helps and goodluck!

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Water droplets on casings?! [Re: thashaman]
    #4280927 - 06/10/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Actually the ultrasonic is on a timer. My friend is also under the impression that a coolmist humidifier is KEY for his setup. My buddy mainly uses the coolmist for air exchange because he is busy during the day, and needs an automated set up that doesn't need fanning/spraying. Also, my friend isn't an expert, but he has been around a while and has never heard of someone putting small 1 qt rye casings in a large tubberware and just leaving them there with light and temperature control. I would understand if it was a bulk grow, but for casings that sounds like a recipe for lack of humidity and poor flushes due to low air exchange, as well as delayed pin set. I think stamets recomends 3 air exchanges PER HOUR for cubensis during fruiting optimally,which would be impossible without a coolmist. Anyways... I think your idea about the polyfill in the top might be a good idea. My friend is trying just the coolmist without the ultrasonic and humidity seems to be better for him. he'll let me know how it turns out. Thx for your input

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies