Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
What do you think about while tripping on mushrooms
    #4278847 - 06/10/05 07:11 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

when I'm low dosing on mushrooms i always go into a deep state of just self analyzing and looking at things universally rather than what society thinks about things (if that makes any sense). the thoughts feel very inspiring and enlightening. since I'm always thinking i discover new and simple things that people don't look for in everyday life. but sometimes i start bringing my thoughts towards the sad things in life. when i realize myself doing this i always just try to think of something else that will make me happy. (never gone too far on that side of a thought process (the sad one)...) that's about it...

now i want to hear from others on what they THINK about while on mushrooms. not about the hallucinations.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: What do you think about while tripping on mushrooms [Re: Lelio]
    #4278985 - 06/10/05 09:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

it varies from trip to trip. i think about everything really, whatever pops up in my mind. often about my relationship to everything else in the world, the nature of reality. i often meditate while tripping (especially when i trip on my own), which results in a state more of observation than thought.

the trick with 'sad' thoughts is not to let your mind label them as 'sad'. learn to accept them as part of the constant change of life, then you can analyse them properly without emotions getting in the way.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Re: What do you think about while tripping on mushrooms [Re: alsey]
    #4280601 - 06/10/05 05:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

sadness is part of life, it doesnt make it bad. its just another emotion to embrace.

I'm a traveler of both time and space...

swimmin in sweet samsara

Re: What do you think about while tripping on mushrooms [Re: LedHead]
    #4281959 - 06/11/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes I will forget who I am and spend the night questioning who I am.

Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #4282046 - 06/11/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I get a sense of clarity while analyzing my normal thought process. I can see myself in a third perspective and am able to efficiently evaluate my "ego".

one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4282149 - 06/11/05 01:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I spend my time analyzing life in general, my own life, and the lives of others around me while tripping on anything.

m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Earning mybluethumb

Re: What do you think about while tripping on mushrooms [Re: weathereporter88]
    #4282201 - 06/11/05 02:21 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

weathereporter88 said:
Sometimes I will forget who I am and spend the night questioning who I am.

That's some serious shit. LOL.

Makes me want to trip for the first time.

Until then my friends sure do enjoy the fruits of my labor.

fury 762 where are you?

#4282255 - 06/11/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

When I trip I find it hard to just think. The two things I end up doing the most are sitting outside and enjoying the beauty of the world, not thinking about the beauty of it, just taking it all in.
The other thing is laying on my bed and just let my mind go. Dreaming but I am awake, if I think while doing this its just too much concentration and it stops.

User Gallery

Re: What do you think about while tripping on mushrooms [Re: ultralight]
    #4282633 - 06/11/05 08:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Enter the rant!

On different trips I will focus on different aspects of my existance:

some trips i will be engulfed by the study and behaviour of people.
next time you trip (or hey,how about all the time) study a human,its every movement,the subtle nuances in its speech patterns,subtle facial movements,thier gestures.
each thing they do,is a deep reflection of what and who they are.
It is obvious to me that humans evolved from ape like creatues,into very complex,but quite strange conscious beings.
attempt to draw similarities between chimpanzee/ape behaviour and human behaviour,you will probably be startled if you had not study this in depth previously.

also,I might envision someone I know well,and try and transform them (in my minds eye) into what they would be if they were a "god"/"eternal psychedelic spirit"(im not spiritual,but while im high my mind seems to be interested in such things),take aspects of their personality and behaviour,and accentuate those actions with psychdelic flavours,
they transform into the coolest beings,for me even strange and distinct music plays for them,ethnicity seems to play a large role.
white people generate a barbaric,ancient northern feel,the demons of the north,thier only real religion is plundering and destruction,very extroverted people.a syrian friend of mine transforms into a very ornate and complexly akward creature,with incredibly acute musical and artistic abilities,blah blah and so forth

other trips i might be drawn into the nature of existance,what its true form is.
when you study behaviours and objects in this world it reveals to you an ever stretching infinite array of patterns,patterns often similar to other objects in reality ,example of a structural pattern are dendritic patterns,branch-like structers can be found in veins of organisms,leaves,the very structure of the tree,the way water crystalizes,how a mineral within another mineral spreads out.
there are gazillions of intertwining patterns,physical,energy based,conceptual,locked into some sort of internal logic system,where "forces" of nature continually provide direction,and so forth....
its my opinion that one can never know the "answer" to existance because the universe is infinite,you cant drain an infinitely deep well of water,all you can do is take a refreshing drink,and enjoy it while you can!

other trips i might be interested in ideas like "oblivion" or the likes,i will go out into a dark field at the edge of town,go out far enough so I cant even see the lights of the town.
In this new landscape there is undulating terrain,grasses moving wavelike in a deep cool breeze,ancient trees stretch up into the sky,completely mindless,just cells jiggling with energy,slowly soaking up minerals and water from the rich soil.It gets very dark,sometimes all i can see are the stars,and i lose the ability to distinguish up and down as I run about or lay down.
then there are the primitive animals that inhabit the darkness,they cry out into empty,vast cool zones of night,strange repetitive groans,squeals and chirps,its like listening to a very odd and complex machine,but one that is slowly...slowly becoming self aware.
i envision the hundreds of rudimentary brain structures in the darkness,alive with electricity,fucntioning like useless clockwork.
I ponder how similar I am to them.I do not believe in free will,i cannot,the concept is absurd.
sometimes the various animals and insects noises are very hypnotic,it will draw me into a trance and completely shatter me,ill lose any ability to distinguish myself from anything else,I dont call it oneness because I dont feel it,I no longer register me,and its almost like I dont even know what really went on until after it happens,I then realize that I had not known my name,where I was or the definition of any phenomena around me,ive entered such peaceful states whilst sober as well before i had even done drugs,i gues its meditation,but i dont sit with my legs in lotus position or say "om" or anything like that ahha,you dont need to.
I feel that paradoxes are truthful reflections of reality,that we are seperate from everything,yet also inevitably connected and effected by everything,when dealing with infinity things always beome abstractions,our makeshift human logic usuallt doesnt cope well.

ok this is long enough,end rant

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience