Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYukon
Khan

First timer here...Requesting some IDs
    #4278788 - 06/10/05 06:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all, I have been quite interested in shroom hunting for some time now, and have spent a fair amount of time researching everything I can...lo and behold, I finally went out and picked some shrooms of my own.

Naturally, I don't 100% trust my judgement according to what I have read so far, and so I would greatly appreciate it if some of you guys could help me identify my fresh pick. I was mainly just looking for Liberty Caps, but I stumbled upon a variety of different mushrooms so I threw them in my bag as well. Hell, I don't even think I found any Liberty Caps. Oh well. Methinks I might have found a couple of caps that are much better. Keep in mind that I'm brand spankin new to all of this, so please forgive me if my pictures and/or descriptions are not up to par with what you're used to. I plan to get much better at it in the near future.

On with it. I picked all of these just a couple of hours ago in some wonderful cow pastures that I recently found out in the middle of nowhere. I reside in the state of Alabama, and we just had a nice series of rain storms roll through the day before. I'm pretty confident that I stumbled across a few different types of psychoactive shrooms (particularly some cubes, some copelands, no clue about some of the other though), but I just want to be sure. Don't quite feeling like dying or getting righteously sick at the moment. Also, every one of these was directly plucked from the many cow patties that were everywhere. Anyhow, here are the pics. I tried getting some close ups of the different species clusters, various gill shots, etc.

Edited by Yukon (06/10/05 06:58 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: First timer here...Requesting some IDs [Re: Yukon]
    #4278806 - 06/10/05 06:33 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It looks like you have quite the mixed collection.
Psilocybe cubensis... hallucinogenic, what you should be looking for.
Panaeolus antillarum... non-active, non-poisonous, non-edible - nothing.
Possibly, Chlorophyllum molybdites... Poisonous.
and possibly some Coprinus.

The upper right and lower left "Look" like cubensis, these are what you should be looking for.
But to get an accurate ID read the sticky thread at the top of this forum to help us help you.

Peace

OfflineYukon
Khan

#4278824 - 06/10/05 06:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ah bullocks. I think you're probably right about them Panaeolus Antillarums...was hoping those would be Copelands. Hopefully I'll be able to tell them apart soon enough. Thanks for your reply, and I'll most definitely try to get some detailed descriptions of each on here soon. I just don't got the time at the moment. Way too tired. Anyhow, bedtime for Bonzo. I shall return tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Offlinelimac79
Stranger
    #4278973 - 06/10/05 09:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yukon, You definitely got some cubes there. dont think you have anything active except for those few cubes. I am fellow alabamian as well! email me sometime and we can chat about things. feel free to email me anytime. hope to share some knowledge with you jmcilwaine_6@hotmail.com

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: First timer here...Requesting some IDs [Re: limac79]
    #4279033 - 06/10/05 10:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the largerone here is not a cubensis.
looks more like an older agaricus xanthodemus. in which case, poison. yellow-staining would be the indicator.

--------------------

OfflineYukon
Khan

Re: First timer here...Requesting some IDs [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4279421 - 06/10/05 12:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When you say the "larger" one, which one exactly do you mean? Hard for me to tell cause the cap on the left one a little bit bigger than the one on the right, but the one on the right is bigger heighth-wise. Either way, I want to be completely sure. After all, nobody wants to throw out a perfectly good cube. So I took some more detailed pics (I hope) of these two so as to help identify them better. Here goes nothing.

The left shroom. Hard to tell in the pictures, but I notice that this one's gills are a bit darker than the other one. As best as I can tell the color is dark brown. Also, no copper/light brown on the cap. This worries me.

The right shroom. This one's gills seem to be a lighter shade of brown than the left one.

Edited by Yukon (06/10/05 12:25 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4280339 - 06/10/05 04:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

throw the left one away

--------------------

OfflineYukon
Khan

Re: First timer here...Requesting some IDs [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4280460 - 06/10/05 04:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent. Thanks for your help bro.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification