Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Loc: PA
Question that just hit me...
    #4277699 - 06/09/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

As I was reading over the myths section, and just reading many posts in general the thought occurred to me.  Weed kills brain cells and LSD puts holes in your brain. (If that is wrong disregard that, it isn't the point). Then why do people find "shrooming" to be such a hardcore drug? If they don't do any permanent damage to your body, scar you in anyway for life, or effect your physical body, then why are they considered so horrible?  I read up on everything it does to you and your myths section and they seem harmless in the end...does your body build up some sort of tolerance which leads you to do more of it? Or is there a long-term effect it does to your body?  Can someone answer this for me, it would be highly appreciated. :grin:

--------------------
"What is this!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: Shr00m86]
    #4277710 - 06/09/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The only people that find mushrooms 'horrible' are people that are misinformed and don't know what they're talking about

Mushrooms don't really do anything bad to people.

I guess some might consider them a 'hardcore drug' since they can be extremely intense.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4277721 - 06/09/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Acid and weed don't do that either, no drug puts "holes" in your brain.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4277740 - 06/09/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

See, my friend (who is pretty smart) is taking a psych class and they read like this drug bible, and he said that this site was a joke site because everyone on here was a drug user and no one on here would say anything bad about the shit they do and that everyone on here will find positives out of any drug, and that brought me down, because i don't want to here that shit.

--------------------
"What is this!"

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4277762 - 06/09/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In my experiences, most people that do damaging drugs know what they're doing to themselves -- they just don't give a fuck, or else they use the drug in moderation.

Tell them to look on Erowid, or tell him to actually FIND the studies that say this drug does blah blah blah. You'll never find a study that says LSD puts holes in your brain or whatever because it doesn't exist.

OfflineShred
Stranger

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: gdman]
    #4277972 - 06/09/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
Acid and weed don't do that either, no drug puts "holes" in your brain.

Really?

I used to always think cocaine put holes in your brain.  :confused:

--------------------
I like heavy metal.

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: Shred]
    #4278006 - 06/09/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well thats true, everyone here is advocates of taking drugs so its completely bias.. the truth is, whether they want to admit it or not, acid, pot, shrooms.. they all distort your neurochemistry which can adversely effect your physical and mental health.. not that other things dont, but thats a stupid excuse.. they choose to do drugs and deny the negative effects.. acid isnt bad for you?? who are you kidding, it may not "burn" holes in your brain but have you met people who have taken alot of acid? Point is.. dont buy into the hooplah that acid, shrooms, and pot are good for you, because its bullshit. Shit, I smoke pot and take shrooms occasionaly, but I dont lie to myself and say they arent bad for me.. I've seen one of my friends fall to the ground and smack his head from taking a relatively moderate dose of shrooms, and denying that a drug caused this and blaming it on him is ridiculous.. dont buy into the "psychadelics are completely harmless" crap

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: hempknight]
    #4278065 - 06/09/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would say there is way more "bullshit" out there exaggerating negative effects out there. You'll be fine, if you're mentally sound, keep it in moderation and you'll be fine.

Believe me, I'm not some idiot who would just run around and put everything he finds in his body. If these drugs really hurt mentally sound people who used them responsibly, I would not use them.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: gdman]
    #4278100 - 06/09/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What is completely harmless.

Breathing the air in New York is full of smog, dust, and other crap that hurts your lungs.

Eating chips hurts your body, hell, everything we do is bad for us.

What does it matter if a drug hurts you a little, so does eating a nice, salty steak.

If used responsibly, drugs can be like anything else in the world, not too dangerous. Driving is more dangerous than doing drugs, and people still do that =P

And I agree with mec, if someone could provide some nice studies showing how awesomely dangerous drugs are when used in moderation, and used responsibly...i'd love to see it.

--------------------
So it goes.

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

#4278181 - 06/09/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So....then why are shrooms considered a hard drug..because of the intensity it gives you (as you stated above). If I did shrooms like a couple times a week..would it do anything to me, such as increase my toleration for it? How spread out should i take them where there is not tolerance build up in my system?

--------------------
"What is this!"

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4278232 - 06/09/05 11:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Taking mushrooms all the time can make people think and behave strangely.

For most, it takes around a week for tolerance to go back to normal. Although I would recommend eating them at most once every 2 or 3 weeks.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4278241 - 06/09/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shr00m86 said:
As I was reading over the myths section, and just reading many posts in general the thought occurred to me.  Weed kills brain cells and LSD puts holes in your brain. (If that is wrong disregard that, it isn't the point). Then why do people find "shrooming" to be such a hardcore drug? If they don't do any permanent damage to your body, scar you in anyway for life, or effect your physical body, then why are they considered so horrible?  I read up on everything it does to you and your myths section and they seem harmless in the end...does your body build up some sort of tolerance which leads you to do more of it? Or is there a long-term effect it does to your body?  Can someone answer this for me, it would be highly appreciated. :grin:

Ehh..... Maybe you don't belong in this community if you buy into such propoganda and/or believe in spreading it? The remarks you made about LSD and Cannabis are FALSE. Do your homework and a little research on your own.

Check out:

http://www.erowid.org/

and

http://www.lycaeum.org/

Also http://www.google.com/ can be a big help of finding information. Read FACTS not OPINIONS. Their is a very big line drawn between fact and opinion my friend.

Look for scientific proof not governmental opinion/propoganda/bullshit.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by mattzdope (06/09/05 11:52 PM)

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4278254 - 06/09/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:
Ehh..... Maybe you don't belong in this community if you buy into such propaganda and/or believe in spreading it? The remarks you made about LSD and Cannabis are FALSE. Do your homework and a little research on your own.

That's why I said disregard it if it was not true.  I did not really look that much into LSD because I'm not interested in it.  Just because I don't know a few things doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed into this community, that just isn't right.  Instead of shun me, why not educate me.

Anyways, once every 2 or 3 weeks....I have been doing them every weekend....why did you suggest once every 2-3 weeks...would it be bad if I took it every weekend? :frown:

--------------------
"What is this!"

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
    #4278275 - 06/10/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It wouldn't be bad. But tolerance for mushrooms builds up really fast. Like, doing an 1/8th one night then the next night doing another 1/8th, the second night would be VERY decreased in effects. That's why he said 2-3 weeks apart. So then your tolerance for shrooms goes back down.
Once a weekend...man, you got yourself a nice little supply...I'm up here in Pacific Northwest with nothing growing right now

Offlinenonovelties
TwoPant

#4278313 - 06/10/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

He's right - dont flame him because he's not what you'd call 'adequately educated'. This is a place of shared knowledge and isn't meant to be exclusive or snobbish.

Even taking shrooms weekly may be too much.

Obviously everyone has wide and varied opinions on this, but mine is that the benefits that can come from using psychedelics constuctively and harmlessly are best reaped when one is using them as responsibly; and allowing your body and mind time for rest, recovery and reflection.

One 'rule of thumb' i can appreciate is that you should wait as long as it would take to be back to your tolerance to go back to baseline (roughly a week,in my case) then wait that long again.

Treat your body and mind kindly - or it just might return the abuse later in life...

HappyJourneys

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4278339 - 06/10/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey! You are allowed here :cool: Welcome to the Shroomery!

Some people get sick of the bad propaganda. It's really fucked up that mushrooms have such a bad name. I know you did not spread propaganda, so don't take it personal.

mattzdope, don't be so harsh on new members. I'm sure you have learned things the same way.

There is no reason to suggest that doing mushrooms every weekend is bad for your health. But tripping every weekend is too often in my opinion because the mushrooms will lose their magic and you will built up a tolerance. Mushrooms are very special for me and it will become normal/not so magic if I would trip every week. I only trip 1-3 times a year.

I suggest that you wait at least two month between trips to keep it special.

The reason that mushrooms have such a bad name is bad propaganda. Have your read anything about the war on drugs? Any arguments for legalizing all drugs? You should do some research if you haven't. http://www.drugwarfacts.org/

Mushrooms are legal in Holland and they don't have such a bad name here as far as I know.

Edited by Annom (06/10/05 12:33 AM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4278733 - 06/10/05 03:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey man Id like to apologize to you. I was a little buzzed earlier and read your post as if you were trying to prove LSD puts holes in your brain.

Sorry for being so offensive to you. Welcome to the Shroomery man. :heart:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4278734 - 06/10/05 03:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: :cool:

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: Annom]
    #4278771 - 06/10/05 03:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah Shroomaniac, the supply around me is extremely abundant. And mattzdope, I accept your apology, I did not mean to seem like I was spreading propaganda about LSD. Also, thank you everyone for welcoming me to the Shroomery!

Back to the topic, so far me and my friend Kevin took them twice in the past two weeks and our tolerance has not increased. We might be doing them again this weekend, but then next weekend i won't be because I'll be with my dad golfing for father's day. One of you said 1-3times a year..another every 2-3weeks and the other every week..so which is it :-P Bah, I got to go to work...keep on post in!

--------------------
"What is this!"

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4278781 - 06/10/05 04:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You should decide for your own how often you want to trip. Remember that mushrooms can lose their magic and make sure it does not influence your life in a negative way.

Here is a great poll: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3418807/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

How often should one trip in the ideal world?
Users may choose only one (503 total votes)
weekly -28 6%
1-2x a month - 174 35%
once every 1-3 months - 187 37%
a few times a year - 105 21%
once a year or so - 9 2%

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds