Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSirAustin
Stranger

Lighting
    #4278223 - 06/09/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The question is, what are the specifics of the lighting phase during the fruiting stage? For example, i have a 10g aquariam that is seperated with plexi glass to humidify the cakes themselves. though when i search the Teks i cant get anything specific on the lighting.
I searched the FAQ's and the Forums and all i can find is that you should use a 12:12 lighting technique or questions on if black lighting is ok to do (which from what i found out its not).

Im guessing that you light the cake for 12 hours then leave in dark for the other 12. Also that you are to use flourescent light, im guessing this is like a lightbulb light (a lamp).

I know this is probably one of the most newbish questions out there, and taking this into account I searched the forums and looked at a few teks, but still was not able to come up with anything.

Thanks for your time and patience, i know im going to get burned hard on asking a question like this, but i seriously couldnt find the specifics.  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: Lighting [Re: SirAustin]
    #4278259 - 06/09/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You can use a "normal" (incandescent) light or a fluorescent, it doesnt really matter. Pinning is triggered by blue spectrum light, and most all household bulbs emit it. Grow lights are stronger in the blue (whereas incandescent is stronger in the red), but with this hobby it really makes little difference if any. You don't really need 12 hours either, but it is generally accepted because it somewhat replicates nature. Indirect sunlight works fine as well. GL

--------------------

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Lighting [Re: LengthyFellow]
    #4278451 - 06/10/05 01:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

put it by a window

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Lighting [Re: SirAustin]
    #4278493 - 06/10/05 01:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yep this is a pretty noob question, but oh well.

Since fungi do not undergo photosynthesis, they do not need light for energy, all they need it for is as a message for when its time to fruit (i.e. telling it when its broken through above the soil). Therefore some find that just shining a flashlight at it for a couple minutes a day will trigger pinning. There are some who think it helps to put a light on longer to ensure the 'message' gets everywhere. I'd suggest attaching a 6-ft curled up ropelight (or edit: white not colored christmas lights if you can't find the rope light--they're pretty easy to find at target or whatever) to the underside of the roof of the terarium and on a 8-12hr/day timer.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Edited by Tao (06/10/05 01:57 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder