Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStrength
Stranger
Need ID: Another find, Another species.
    #4278469 - 06/10/05 03:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The pics:

This mushroom grew in that same planter that all the others have been growing in. its quite strange that so many species are growing together.. first an inactive batch, and now an active batch. anyway, this is is southern texas, near san antonio. the planter has a year old mixture of dirt and cow patties in it.

the gills are split apart, but they're wavy. a bunch of wavy lines, when i look at them from helicopter view.they are shaded a light grey/light brown/purplish color. the spores make the gills look like they have spots.

the cap measures about 3 inchs in across, and about 3 quarters on an inch deep. the stem is about 3 inches long, and half an inch in width.

the texture of the stem is 'bouncy'. there are some splits in the middle of the stem from how it may have grown. there hasn't been rain for a few days, so that may have something to do with it or may not.its a fatty stem for sure, and the coloring is definitly bruising. it ranges from dark dark purple, to almost black, which fades into a variety of blues dark and light. there is a veil, although it may be hard to see in the picture. its sticking to the mushroom stem, but its there. there are also areas of yellowish orange as well.

the cap also has splits in it. i've been watching this mushroom grow, and originally the stem started off fat and the cap was more like an egg that hadn't hatched yet. the cap now is split itself, big and small. mainly it is white, but there are pieces of golden brown mixed in as well. when looking at the white very closely, i can see a faint hint of light purple mixed in, which gives it kind of an aura-ish glow.

the color of the spore print is a purplish-black color. the bruising ranges from blue to dark green, to purple and even blackish purple, with mixes of yellow and orange. and it definitly smells like a psilocybe.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Need ID: Another find, Another species. [Re: Strength]
    #4278533 - 06/10/05 04:06 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It's a cube.

--------------------

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Need ID: Another find, Another species. [Re: @cro]
    #4278557 - 06/10/05 04:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Agreed, it looks like a cube.

Blue-ing, coloration, I've seen some split apart in the same fashion. Stem looks about right, same with the gills/spore print.

--------------------
So it goes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification