Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerhizomatika
Stranger
Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general....
    #4278379 - 06/10/05 02:51 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Every time I have tripped I notice that human faces (on TV, pictures, real life) start to look very odd. The area from the eyes to the mouth seems to "stretch," as if there was another face trying to come out. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I don't know how else to describe it, it's kind of subtle, but it's the same thing every time.

That being said, CEVs really blew my mind last time. Hyper color changing digital circuit diagrams, mixed with Aztec calendars. I think one's personal visual preference/aesthetic definetely influences what one sees in their visuals. If you think something looks cool, you're likely to see it.

Finally, I would recommend people check out the work of Shawn Wolfe if they're not familiar with it. He has a definite psychedelic edge to much of his work. You can find his site at:
www.shawnwolfe.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Re: Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general.... [Re: rhizomatika]
    #4278425 - 06/10/05 03:12 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Faces have always morphed in my trips, my last trip though was filled with faces, clouds looked very bolbous and took on human forms, much like the animations you see in monty python movies.  One cloud was a well defined shark, and the another was a scarab  Also tree branches, there was a nice giant insect like face(praying mantis) with legs and everything, as big as a house.  This all occured during a lightning storm, which i must say was quite spectacular.  Strange audio experiences too, i could hear thunder about 5 hours before the storm was over us, the sky was clear blue at the time, and no one else could hear the thunder i was hearing. 

But yeah, face melts are bound to occur

:rasta:,

mycomancer

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general.... [Re: Mycomancer]
    #4278436 - 06/10/05 03:17 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I more often than not see eyes blinking and swirling on the corners of my vision, and when the trip is real strong, I'll see them everywhere. The best description is the eye drawn by Alex Grey for Tool's Lateralus album.

But yes, faces, especially the mouths, which seem to operate with a jellyjaw, are the most pronounced.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4279017 - 06/10/05 09:56 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

i think our brains are designed to be particularly observant when it comes to other human faces, which is why i think they look so wierd when tripping.

i had this thing once when everyone had two pairs of eyes. they had their normal eyes, and then another pair below them. it was kind of cool.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

Re: Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general.... [Re: alsey]
    #4367288 - 07/03/05 10:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Invisiblewalkclothed
Stranger
Re: Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general.... [Re: SgtBob]
    #4367626 - 07/03/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SgtBob said:
you mean like this?

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/four_eyes_illusion_1.jpg

wow, that is a very typical thing i see on shrooms. id actually forgotten thats how faces looked a lot to me on shrooms since i havent had an experience in 6months+

another thing that happens if im looking at a face in a mag or book, or some other inanimate face, it Always looks as if its animated. Eyes blinking, hair flowing, lips move llike its saying something

--------------------
no i dont. its all real

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general.... [Re: walkclothed]
    #4368020 - 07/04/05 02:14 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ahh great topic. i have always noticed on shrooms that people's faces take on an elf-like appearance which is astonishing at times. i'm talking big eyes, more triangular shaped face, 'pointed' ears - my girlfriend's is most prominent (or, atleast i've seen her the most). my male friends are the same too, but in a more masculine way ofcoarse. this has been an element of every shrooms trip i can remember.

faces in clouds, on blankets, etc are common for me too.

strangely enough, i'd never noticed anything similar on acid until about 2 months ago. with acid though, there is no morphing but patterns on skin. i see celtic patterns all over my arms, my girlfriends face is covered in an intricate tribal design which i recognise as the same everytime.

the only OEV faces i've experienced on acid were in the clouds, they were the faces of jesus, buddha, hindu characters, lions, devils, and almost anything else religiously symbolic. THAT was an incredible day :smile:

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Edited by ajna (07/04/05 02:15 AM)

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general.... [Re: ajna]
    #4368152 - 07/04/05 02:47 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think the odd look is because while you tripping the major features of a face are accentuated, while the minor details get blurred in.

Seeing faces on random things, especially blankets is creepy as hell.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Offlinesilverfish
I like flakesand pellets

#4368556 - 07/04/05 04:43 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've read about indians carving faces they see in trees out and using them as masks...  I've seen many faces in trees but Never wanted to carve one out :smile:

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Psylocybe Faces? and CEV in general.... [Re: SgtBob]
    #4368573 - 07/04/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SgtBob said:
you mean like this?

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/four_eyes_illusion_1.jpg

yeah, almost exactly like that actually, but everything was in motion as well.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience