Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: Shr00m86]
    #4278994 - 06/10/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

psychedelics can give rather strong experiences and they're illegal, hence they're labelled as hard drugs. remember that the people who give these drugs such labels probably have never tried them and know next to nothing about them.

saying that people are wrong because they are drug-users is a logical fallacy (argumentum ad hominem). actual evidence compiled from psychedelic drug studies supports what most of the people on shroomery say, not what governments, police etc say. its the evidence that matters, not who tells you about it.

spreading out your trips means you get more from each trip. if you trip every weekend, or more frequently, you might find eventually the 'magic' starts to go. this isn't necessarily because of tolerance, but because you havn't experienced enough in a week to make a trip out of it. if you wait a few months, you have a lot more in your mind for the drug to bring out and show you in a different way.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: Annom]
    #4278999 - 06/10/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My opinion is that eating mushrooms once a week, even if your tolerance is back to baseline, is not mentally productive. After a good trip, your mind needs some time to reflect on what you've learned and incorporate it into your lifestyle, behavior, and interpersonal relationships. That's the real goal of tripping, to improve the quality of your life.

Everyone has been talking about the supposed negative physical effects of mushrooms, but no one has explained the positive long term effects of psychedelic drug use. I believe, and I think many fellow shroomers will agree, that mushrooms can help you learn a lot about yourself. You can see yourself as others see you, without the emotional and psychological baggage that you normally carry around. Once you can objectively recognize problems in your behavior and your lifestyle, you can choose to change the way you live, hopefully for the better.

I know mushrooms, acid, and cannabis have all helped me become a better person. No one is saying that there's not some physical risk, but I'm willing to say that the risk is insignificant when compared to the rewards. Be smart, and educate yourself. You've taken a great first step into the psychedelic community by joining the Shroomery, and I hope your journey along this road will be as rewarding as mine has been.

Have fun and be safe,

DHarp

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: harpd]
    #4279059 - 06/10/05 08:23 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

These drugs should be special, you don't need to do them every week, as previously stated, you most likely won't get as much out of them.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: gdman]
    #4279099 - 06/10/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Don't do shrooms "for the sake of it" every week, spread it out. You'll soon get bored and you don't want that...  :smirk:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4279671 - 06/10/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the fact remains though that theres misinformation floating around this site that mushrooms, lsd, pot are completely harmless.. they can benefit you consciously, if thats your dish, but they will not benefit you physically and can fuck you up mentally as well. just dont be stupid, take them cautiously and realize the risks of your actions

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: hempknight]
    #4279765 - 06/10/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"no drug puts "holes" in your brain."  THIS IS A COMPLETELY FALSE STATEMENT, DXM WILL EAT HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN LIKE NOTHING!!! I know from personal experience! So will ketamine and pcp! but as far as shrooms go, no holes to worry about, eat em too much and you'll get kinda stupid and see the world in a different way, and be kinda crazy and out there.  And i would highly recomend NOT eating shrooms every week, just like others have said they will lose their "magic". And that is the truth, i used to eat shrooms every single weekend for probly 2 months straight and they striaght up lost their magic! It was nothing special to trip, it was just like getting high on weed, just another buzz to catch! It became a pretty boring experience to trip. I took about a 4 month break from them after i realized this and then the magic was back. Now i only shroom once a month and sometimes i'll skip a month. Shrooms are way better when spaced out to once a month. P.S. NEVER EVER TOUCH A DISSASOCIATIVE IN YOUR LIFE (DXM, PCP, SPECIAL K) THOSE DRUGS TRUELY ARE BAD FOR YOU AND WILL MAKE YOUR ASS BRAIN DEAD. i've got some minor permanant brain damage from dxm, and one of my friends is TOTALY FUCKED from dxm, don't touch the shit, trust me!
:frown:

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4279804 - 06/10/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You must be referring to Olney's Lesions.

I know they were found in certain animals, but I don't think they were ever proven to happen in humans.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4279840 - 06/10/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DXM WILL EAT HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN LIKE NOTHING!!! I know from personal experience! So will ketamine and pcp!

MDMA eats holes in your brain, opposed to DXM which actually eats squares in your brain  :tongue: :wink: <--- bullshit

What are holes in your brain? Black dots on a MRI scan? Please post your sources.

Responsible use of dissociatives (no long-term, high dose usage) is generally recognized as not being able to cause long-term or permanent CNS damage; Ketamine is a widely used anesthetic.

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Loc: PA
Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: Annom]
    #4280611 - 06/10/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone's outlooks have been very beneficial.  I think that I am going to do them tomorrow night..then wait about a month or so before I do them again.  I don't want them to lose their magic :frown:.  That would just be terrible.  Every day I am educated through other people's experiences and facts.  This is awesome :-P.  BTW, I have a drug screening/alcohol and drug test on the 16th...I have not smoked in about a month...and they don't pick up shrooms right? So I should be good for this test coming up.  If I failed dire consequences will follow.

I'm trying to think what else I want to know...oh here's a quick one..is anyone here from around Phila and know anywhere to go to pick shrooms..like Lancaster or something like that?

If anyone has any other important facts about shrooms that I should know about please feel free, I am opening to learning about them and then passing this information to others in my area so they have a better understanding of the drug.  In the mean time I will try to conjure up important questions that i always seem to forget when i am typing them :-p Thank you again everyone!

--------------------
"What is this!"

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

#4280682 - 06/10/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was just looking through the bookstore and i was planning on a trip with me and my friend to drive around wherever anyone can tell me a good place to look for around phial or eastern PA for shrooms, and i was wondering which guide or book would be the BEST?

--------------------
"What is this!"

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4280744 - 06/10/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shr00m86 said:
BTW, I have a drug screening/alcohol and drug test on the 16th...I have not smoked in about a month...and they don't pick up shrooms right? So I should be good for this test coming up. If I failed dire consequences will follow.

they won't test for psilocybin, psilocin etc in a standard drug test. also, the chemicals will be out of your system near enough completely in like 3 days.

if you want to know more about the psychedelic experience i recommend reading 'the psychedelic experience' by timothy leary, and 'the doors of perception' by aldous huxley. and there's always plenty of stuff on erowid.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4280945 - 06/10/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.maps.org/ritesofpassage/lsdhandbook.html

Here is a good tripping manual you should give a read if you have the time. Thanks to W_S for finding and sharing this document.

The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley is indeed a very good book I just finished reading it the other day. The last few pages in the printed copy (Pg's 18 - 24 computer printer paper) were very thought provoking and he makes some very good points about our society and religions. Very smart man. I plan on reading it again very soon.

You can get a copy of the book to print here (provided that you already have a purchased copy of your own. :grin:):

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4270613

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4282276 - 06/11/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No, I meant a guide to hunting for shrooms. A book that clearly states information and pictures about different shrooms and which ones contain the psilocybin and which are poisonous....when I said trip above I meant like an actual road trip haha :-p

--------------------
"What is this!"

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4282307 - 06/11/05 01:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ahhhh lol. Hmm well you can drop " mjshroomer " a PM he might be able to help you out.

You might be able to find out some information from checking out his website:

http://www.mjshroomjohn.com/

edit: hmm it seems to be down right now. Id drop him a PM and see if he can help ya out. Im pretty sure hes very knowledgeable in that area.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by mattzdope (06/11/05 01:14 AM)

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4282344 - 06/11/05 01:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I PMed him, hopefully, he'll write back. I was at Barnes & Nobles today and I was looking for a Mushroom book, and the girl I was with kept making fun of me for researching this deeply into this drug. I told her that I want to become aware of risks, and how to deal with bad trips and how everything works. While I was there I thought about asking the worker to show me where a book on mushrooms would be, but then I thought that might be weird haha.

Today is the last time I am going to shroom for awhile, so that I space it out and so the shrooms don't lose it's "magic."

--------------------
"What is this!"

Offlineharpd
Passing By

#4282801 - 06/11/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

There's nothing wrong with studying up. The best thing you can do to avoid a bad trip is to know what you're getting yourself into. If you know it will end at some point and you know the risks involved, it's a lot easier to talk yourself out of the downward spiral of a bad trip. Good job! You get an A+ on your psychedelic homework!

Have fun, Be safe
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4282910 - 06/11/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dissociative will not eat holes in your brain, some lab animals developed problems with repeated extra high doses, but this has yet to be seen in humans.

Physically, mushrooms and acid won't hurt you, mentally, if you have a mental condition or have a family history, be careful. Otherwise, they are quite safe, just use in moderation.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4283108 - 06/11/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

First, mjshroomer's site is http://www.mushroomjohn.com/

You mentioned that you wanted to learn how to avoid a bad experience. In order to do this, you must be able to just accept whatever is happening to you, and not worry about it. Just go with it, don't try and fight anything.

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Re: Question that just hit me... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4283407 - 06/11/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That guide tells me what to do once i get the shrooms, I am talking about an actual guide a hand book i can carry around when i go to the mountains or places like that, like example: I pick up a mushroom off of poo and say look i found a mushroom, i then pull out my shroom book and look for something that looks just like it and it tells me whether it contains psilocin or psilocybin mushroom :-p

--------------------
"What is this!"

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4283455 - 06/11/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23483

Look up your area and it will tell you which mushrooms species grow in that area. Then you can find what they which types of areas they grow in, and at what time if the year they grow in. Then take a look at a bunch of pictures of the species.

When you pick them you may have to take a spore print and compare it with a picture of the same type on the internet. I don't think you can be 100% sure unless you do this.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract