Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
tv on shrooms
    #4277484 - 06/09/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

when i watch tv on shrooms its very much like looking into a caleidoscope. at least thats the closest way i can describe it in words. any one here get that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4277681 - 06/09/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I just notice cracked out shit in the background of the TV sets.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4277781 - 06/09/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the tv cant really hold my interest for too long while tripping.....i do like to watch a trippy movie during the come up sometimes, but even then i find myself only watching 10 or 20 minutes of it before i decide to go outside or stare at the carpet or something.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4277886 - 06/09/05 09:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A few times while tripping I've really enjoyed TV, at least for a little bit. Walker TX ranger had me in tears laughing. It's not fun for that long but its hilarious to flip through from time to time. Although I find it a little more entertaining on LSD then mush.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Trav]
    #4278196 - 06/09/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

TV is not for me... shrooming... or sober.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

#4278217 - 06/09/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shnezbit said:
when i watch tv on shrooms its very much like looking into a caleidoscope. at least thats the closest way i can describe it in words. any one here get that?

You should try to describe it- I'm curious. Do you mean that you see several of each image and it rotates or that you are seeing a pattern of fractals or what?

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4278279 - 06/10/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I feel you there. I don't watch much tv ever, but on shrooms I really hate it. It really fucks with my head on higher doses when I watch people and try to figure out what they are doing. I was on 3g once when the movie bad boys came on TV. Trying to follow it really tripped me out and the music during the suspense scenes really got my heart pounding. It was a unique experience but I prefer more mellow trips.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4278785 - 06/10/05 04:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The biggest brainwashing devise on psychedelics, yay!! I try to avoid it even sober.

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: otoroko]
    #4278931 - 06/10/05 06:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Most which is on tv is just... shite...

I prefer the web where you can actively seek out something that interests you right at that time and do stuff you want to do, instead of passively sitting and staring.

Perhaps if I put a mouse on the side :evil:

I find TV exceedingly boring and if its not boring.. i just wanna do stuff.

I *hate* TV when psychedelically high! When truely gripped on a nifty dose of mushrooms or LSD i can't even make out whats ON the tube anyway, I literally can't see what its supposed to be. That just doesnt register on a high dose somehow.

I once watched Star Trek Next Generation on 1gr of liberty caps. By ignoring the mind i came out of watching that episode in a royal bad trip.

When you're in a trip, really be there and dont do things on the side.
What you can do is kill audio and have something on like Animal Planet or another nature channel to function as moving wallpaper which you glance past every once in a while, not unlike an aquarium. (aquarium & tripping.. wow! actually watching beautiful fish doing fish things! great trip tip!)

If you look at a morphing carpet, you are watching a live event that is to the point of your personal trip right at that time, not something recorded to please the masses.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineiCe_2x
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Asante]
    #4279062 - 06/10/05 08:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The TV was just an intense array of colors for me on my last trip, I couldn't look at it too long.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: iCe_2x]
    #4280351 - 06/10/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

On LSD late at night its crazy with all the infomercials and shit. Those can have your side hurting with laughter. Set and Forget it and this one commercial for a WAHL hair clipper is insane. You would swear the way they hype that thing that the hair clipper would even give you a blow job.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (06/10/05 02:28 PM)

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4280369 - 06/10/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

tv kinda sucks for me too, but i did enjoy watch some of the cube movies tripping.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4280435 - 06/10/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hey green osiris (great name btw!):
well its not that i see duplicates of things. its like everything takes on these coleidescope look. like once i was watching thistalk show as i turned the chanel. the host was in the audience and facing the camera, talking while slowly moving across the screen. all the people sitting behind her seemed to blend into the 'scene', it reminded me alot of hendrixs' bold as love album cover. its just that everything takes on this caleidiscope look. i always know im getting good visuals when i see it look that way.

i like watching tv on shrooms if im inside, which basically is in the winter.

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

#4280559 - 06/10/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Right on

I don't see any problem with TV on shrooms if you like it. Everybody is preaching about it being a plague but there is a lot to be held there. I watched Final Fantasy (CG movie) tripping and paused it every once in a while and you could still see the characters moving and blinking, etc. it was really intense. Outside is good but TV can be entertaining in small doses. I just wouldn't want to watch during the enitre trip.

Static channels are sweet if you watch it long enough, animation can be cool. I am also curious about how strange people can look on TV, heads bubbling and morphing, seems much more pronounced than in reality with people's faces. Thanks for clarifying (glad you like the name!)

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

#4280677 - 06/10/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if u do a high dose the TV starts sucking it's self in on certain points, like bright faces, really hard to explain

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #4280857 - 06/10/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think maybe what you're describing is tracers?

--------------------
]

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Wysefool]
    #4281876 - 06/10/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

For me there is nothing like being outside on a beautiful sunny day. The colors...man the colors. A lightning storm would be cool though to...

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4281911 - 06/10/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What about being at the beach?? That's the best man. You can go swimming walking/exploring looking at beautiful women etc.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4291116 - 06/13/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

adult swim is hilarious to me while tripping on shrooms if im in the right environment and situation. family guy was so funny. everything was. i was had a microscopically clear picture of all the humourous symbolism. mushrooms TOTALLY TUNE ME IN to everything!!

--------------------

OfflineZenNirvana566
Stranger
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: extinguishment]
    #4291269 - 06/13/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I find that I hate TV when on shrooms, I realize that its just mindless drone for stupid people. I turn it off and go outside and have a fun time.

OfflinesKuppy
crazy lil guy

Loc: Bum-fuck-nowhere, Indiana
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: ZenNirvana566]
    #4291597 - 06/13/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard people tell me that that's what they see too.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4291604 - 06/13/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
the tv cant really hold my interest for too long while tripping.....i do like to watch a trippy movie during the come up sometimes, but even then i find myself only watching 10 or 20 minutes of it before i decide to go outside or stare at the carpet or something.

Same, I usually lose intrest and go outside.

--------------------

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4292496 - 06/13/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well i agree outside is better but as i stated above tv while tripping is a result mainly of winter conditions for me. i was just wondering if anyone noticed the caliedescope effect.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4292732 - 06/13/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CeeThruMeer said:

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Kalix]
    #4292871 - 06/13/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I dont follow tv to well....I notice wierd things in the background, the peoples bodies are changing and the voices echo---adding to the normal confusion trying to follow what they are saying

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Yenpop]
    #4296429 - 06/14/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if you plan on watching tv throughout an entire shroom trip, dont forget to change the channel. i got stuck on married with children and then an 2 Alec Baldwin movies came on after that, i wish i would have changed the fucking channel

Conan rocks socks on a strong mush trip.

--------------------
Shine On,           

OfflineMushMuncher
Psycho
Loc: Canada
    #4297601 - 06/15/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The Matrix Reloaded on Mushrooms=the most intense and fun experience EVER

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: MushMuncher]
    #4307307 - 06/17/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You all have been going about it wrong, your not actually supposed to watch whats on TV, your supposed to watch THE tv.

turn all the lights off, turn the TV on and set it to show a black screen, then get real close to it and watch the strange green glow and the light coalesce across all the tiny bumps that comprise the TV screen. If you watch it long enough, you begin to see layers within the black static. Its quite trippy.

This only works for TV's though, not (LCD) computer screens.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Asante]
    #4307380 - 06/17/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I *hate* TV when psychedelically high! When truely gripped on a nifty dose of mushrooms or LSD i can't even make out whats ON the tube anyway, I literally can't see what its supposed to be. That just doesnt register on a high dose somehow.

If i am high enough tv seams so unconnected and random. Like there random events keep hapening one after another and i can not put them together. I remember even watching loony tunes tripping out of my mind on shrooms and it was just so crazy. It was the one where bugs bunny kept throwing the lit match down the stairs to where the explosives where on the boat and yosemity would chase it. This seams so insane to me and that image kept repeating in my head for a good deal of the trip.

Avoid the tv and the computer when u trip i say.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineBagel
Mr.T's evil twin

Loc: Southern Ontario
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4318896 - 06/20/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

iateshaggy said:
tv kinda sucks for me too, but i did enjoy watch some of the cube movies tripping.

HOLY CRAP! those cube movies screwed with my head while I was just stoned... I can't imagine them on shrooms. anyways, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to patch a video camera into their tv and then point it at the tv and move it around a bit. I have fun with that while sober, it's especially cool if you put something in front of the tv, cause then you see the thing many times over. That would probably be a sweet trip toy.

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Bagel]
    #4319584 - 06/21/05 01:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

For sure, video feedback? There was a really good post not too long ago that offered a web-site on the science behind that with fractal images created and some snaphsots of it- really crazy

Offlineanghellic
Stranger
Loc: BFE
    #4321448 - 06/21/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Last weekend I watched boxing after taking 5 grams and I was really surprised to find that it was actually pretty exciting. It looked like a video game, but it didn't hold my attention for too long.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: tv on shrooms [Re: anghellic]
    #4321465 - 06/21/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

adult swim and animal planet are the shite while tripping.

also there are some shows like best week ever on VH1 that had me tripped out. Also for some reason the last episode of surreal life wigged me out in a strange way.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4321706 - 06/21/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shnezbit said:

in red green and blue?
:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: tv on shrooms [Re: Gomp]
    #4322093 - 06/21/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well its in the colors of whatever is on.

OfflineDubSak
jigga what

Loc: Dublin, CA
    #4347451 - 06/28/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

at times I cant even concetrate on the TV. I don't know, i guess there is too much going on for me. But on lower doses, nothing can top watching Family Guy

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag