Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Poppyseed Tea
    #4272008 - 06/08/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is there still a debate over whether or not this works? I bought 300g of seeds at my local grocery store (cost $5 CDN) and soaked in bottled water for about an hour, shaking often. I decanted that into a cup, then ran that through a coffee filter because there was still seeds in it. I drank the liquid over about an hour, started feeling effects at around the 1/2 hour mark. Heavy itching (I'm still itchy and it's the next day) as well as euphoria, I was even nodding out by the 4 hour mark. So I'd say it definitely works and if any of you would like to debate me I challenge you to go try it yourself.

Will I do it again? Probably, but not often. It just looks weird buying 3 packs of poppy seeds and I'd like to avoid opiate addiction anyways. I'm sure you could build up an addiction to poppy seeds just as well as any other part of the plant so I'd like to warn people it's ADDICTIVE and to BE CAREFUL.

I figure this could be useful around the winter when crops are depleted, I'm sure all of you with poppies growing are patient enough to wait.  :wink: :thumbup:

You can move this to ODD if you want but I think here it will get better replies and avoid the wrong kind of attention. I think a lot of the ODD crowd would do good in getting this little trick negative public attention we don't need it to have.  :stoned:

--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Poppyseed Tea [Re: Wysefool]
    #4272104 - 06/08/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I think a lot of the ODD crowd would do good in getting this little trick negative public attention we don't need it to have.

Well shame on you for assuming things. And who are you to say that when your blabbing about it to the rest of the boards.

Yes it does work.

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #4272781 - 06/08/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I made a similar thread but mine was about making poppy seed putty. It does work but as somebody pointed out poppy seeds contain heavy metals (cadium I think it was) so its best to avoid this kind of thing :smile:

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #4272835 - 06/08/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It alwase seemed to work for me.

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Poppyseed Tea [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4273354 - 06/08/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
Well shame on you for assuming things. And who are you to say that when your blabbing about it to the rest of the boards.

Yes it does work.

I realize by telling the boards that I'm spreading this information and it is a little hypocritical of me. But ODD is visited a lot more often than Ethno garden and IMO (even if it's an assumption I think most of us deep down know it's true) while ODD has it's merits (helping people, definitely some interesting threads) it also sometimes shows a side of the Shroomery that would concern a lot of people and gather bad public attention.  Threads like:

"Salvia + Crack"
"How should i dose my Methadone?"
"Extracting Codeine from Methocarbamol/APAP combo pills."

attract more negative press than:

"Experience growing Bundleflower?? Desmanthus Illinoisis"
"Cold temperature cause of wilting Brugmansias?"
"Salvia acclimatization"

Which are threads even regular board members would tend to skip over.

I don't mean that ODD is a bad place, just a place that gets a lot of attention as a bad place. But I also think ODD attracts more of the younger crowd than EG. I dunno, I just think that my assumption is based off something stronger than some coldhearted opinion. I've been around a couple years longer than you and from what I've seen different boards just give off different vibes.

Not trying to start a flame war, I guess I just uh, react excessively to bad criticism...  :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
]

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4277278 - 06/09/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

poppyseeds may contain cadmium, but youre not actually breaking them down. youre only washing off the residual opium from rough harveting.

i take the seeds and give them a hot stirred bath.
separate all solids through a fine filter,
then reduce at heat intill theres a small ammount.

you can scrape smokable opium from the sides of the pot, an
filter again to remove crystalized sugars if you want
then let the dark water dry in a flat pan in the oven for a strong black opium tar.

if you didn't filter the second time, you'll get putty
lately i havent bothered. the dopeickness of opium is pretty harsh at the best doses

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale