Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Sheriff's deputies busy with I-24 drug arrests [TN]
    #4276376 - 06/09/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Sheriff's deputies busy with I-24 drug arrests
June 9, 2005 - theleafchronicle.com

Five travelers end up in jail after officers find $800K in drugs, plants
Routine traffic stops on Interstate 24 Tuesday and Wednesday yielded two significant drug busts by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Crime Suppression Unit.

Drugs worth a combined estimated profit value of $800,000 were confiscated, said Sheriff's spokesman Ted Denny.

Marijuana plants, several varieties of dried marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms, Ecstasy, Xanax, hashish and a felony amount of cocaine were seized from the out-of-state motorists.

The first traffic stop happened around 3 p.m. Tuesday after K-9 Deputy Mike Oliver and his partner, Deputy Todd Dorris, noticed two men not wearing seat belts while traveling east on the interstate in a cargo van.

After approaching the van passenger's side, Oliver immediately noticed rows of leafy plants in the rear of the van.

He asked the driver, Douglas Wade Turner, 52, of Trenton, Ky., about the plants.

"He told me he didn't know what they were, so I asked the passenger what they were, and he immediately said, 'It's marijuana,'" Oliver said.

The passenger, Gerald Allen Frost, 50, of Monticello, Ky., told Oliver he and Turner were looking for a place to plant the young marijuana, while Turner maintained throughout questioning that he didn't know the plants were cannabis.

The men were charged with possession of marijuana and booked into the Montgomery County Jail in lieu of $124,000 bail each.

The 360 plants confiscated from the Chevrolet van were sent to the 19th Judicial District Task Force to be processed as evidence.

"That's a pretty substantial amount," Oliver said.

Wednesday's bust resulted in the seizure of yet undetermined amounts of a variety of drugs and drug paraphernalia.

The suspects, three men from Portland, Ore., were stopped in a rented recreational vehicle at 5:20 p.m. by Deputy Craig Myers, after they failed to yield to emergency vehicles responding to a previous traffic stop.

After speaking with the driver, Robert Lupton, 26, Myers obtained consent to search the RV with K-9 Deputy Kyle Darnell and his dog, Fiona, who quickly sniffed out large plastic containers filled with zip-top bags of dried marijuana and a duffel bag full of hallucinogenic mushrooms vacuum-sealed in plastic.

George Kraft, 30, a passenger in the RV, attempted to flee, but was caught by Myers after a brief pursuit.

Lupton, Kraft and Elisha Lutz, 26, all of Portland, were booked into the Montgomery County Jail Wednesday night on charges of possession of Schedule I, Schedule II and Schedule VI controlled substances for resale. Bail amounts for Lupton and Kraft were set at $910,000 each, while Lutz's was booked in lieu of $900,000.

The Crime Suppression Unit, which has been patrolling on the interstate and main thoroughfares for more than a year, operates with the objective of policing minor traffic violations in order to uncover more significant crimes.

Sheriff's Cpl. Jimmy Brown, who heads up the unit, said this week's busts are a major accomplishment for the Sheriff's Office and emphasized the importance of traffic patrols in curbing serious illegal activity.

"The unit did a great job in taking some drugs off the street that might have ended up in the hands of children," Brown said. "It's important to try to intercept illegal activity. These patrols allow us to catch not only drug dealers, but car thieves, burglars, robbers, wanted felons and stolen articles."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Sheriff's deputies busy with I-24 drug arrests [TN] [Re: veggie]
    #4278072 - 06/10/05 12:50 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

<<The first traffic stop happened around 3 p.m. Tuesday after K-9 Deputy Mike Oliver and his partner, Deputy Todd Dorris, noticed two men not wearing seat belts while traveling east on the interstate in a cargo van.>>

Jesus Christ. If you're not going to buckle up for safety, at least BUCKLE UP FOR FREEDOM.

<<The Crime Suppression Unit, which has been patrolling on the interstate and main thoroughfares for more than a year, operates with the objective of policing minor traffic violations in order to uncover more significant crimes.>>

This really needs to be brought to the attention of all traffickers out there. If you're going to engage in illegal activity, try not to break more than one law at a time. These people are now fucked by our own legal system thanks to a minor traffic violation.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Sheriff's deputies busy with I-24 drug arrests [TN] [Re: SuperD]
    #4278111 - 06/10/05 01:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Remember, seatbelts save lives. No seatbelts and now these guy's lives are over.

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Sheriff's deputies busy with I-24 drug arrests [TN] [Re: pshawny]
    #4279727 - 06/10/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I really hate reading this shit.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Sheriff's deputies busy with I-24 drug arrests [TN] [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4280143 - 06/10/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

er, i have never understood why anyone would submit to a search when they are, in fact, transporting drugs. wtf?!?!

while i hate the WOD i also hate blatant stupidity which the above-mentioned displayed in spectacular fashion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service