Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
I was typing some shit, and now I wonder..
    #4273377 - 06/08/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If I spake to you and you spake to me, in a dream.
and the next day, we spoke together, bot recalling the conversation, an where we had it. say, I told what happened to a man, and you told how you recalled it to another man. then the two men, got together, and compared, as you and I did.

let us say we were at a mall, recalling the same people, the same color selections, etc.

would that be ground-braking? is this a looney thought?
has this happened to you? is it common? and so on.. (?)

:confused: :thumbup:
:sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: Gomp]
    #4273434 - 06/08/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

as it is going nowhere, but I feel a strong notion in this, yet failed to think it.. I'll just post the shit right here.. :P

I did not get what I was saying, if anything.

Quote:

Future and past, is the present.
Merged in change, is the state of becoming real.

Going to sleep is waking up!

Our brains never sleep.

What we call dreaming, is to take a break, from this reality.
Without rest, we become restless; also know as ?sleep deprivation?.
However, if the brain is as active in the state of sleep as awake.
I could say I sit here sleeping, and following that notion, I find that I just might be.

Earth moving through space, got a speed. To measure this speed, one would need a fixed point. For something to stand still, to have a location, at least one point, must travel vice versa and/or parallel to the other.

Speed and location, determines each other, and cannot be measured alone, but are dependent of the other for so to be known. As you travel through space at one constant rate, you will know, either more or less of your location. Knowing less and less of where you are, could make you feel uncomfortable, unless you know more and more of where you are, making where you were, un-/comfortable to return to.

Falling asleep/ waking up, depends on the rate of the location.
The common rate, earth, traveling through space, is what we know as reality.
Being awake, we are following the rate, but in leaving reality, for a dream, we as our brain, instead of the external rate of going around the sun, focus on the rate of the neurons of our brain, and wake up to the other reality, of being pure memory. Dreaming.

I keep thinking the word 'Quantum', and I started writing it based on the word 'intentions'... but I'll go practice what I preach, whatever! Good Fucking Night! (he-he)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineHedgeWych
Seeking

Loc: Pacific North West
    #4273790 - 06/08/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've had it happen.  More than once, but not often.  I know a couple of other people who get it more often.

Freaky?  Yes

Disturbing?  not once you get used to it.

:smile:

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

#4273808 - 06/08/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like dream world really is another world.  Still don't know WHY we dream, probably never will!  Maybe a place for a our conscious to chill  :tongue:

Offlinepeaceful_gnome
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: BC
Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: TiCal]
    #4273882 - 06/08/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

perhaps the mind requires less rest than the body. So your subconscious fires up and creates its own reality to interact with, while keeping your body in stasis.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: peaceful_gnome]
    #4273902 - 06/08/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've had the same dream as my ex-gf once. We were talking on the phone and she starts telling me about this dream and I was like, "Hey! I had the EXACT same dream!"

pretty freaky, but the dream was pretty much meaningless.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: dr0mni]
    #4274005 - 06/08/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

AT LEAST IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS AS SUCH!

dreaming about sleeping, waking up to dream, and resting while awake....dreams are the future of things to come."young men will dream...dreams"

dreams "visions" are of what is to come..
deja vu=already seen.

get it?

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4274742 - 06/09/05 02:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by matt (08/31/07 05:51 PM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4274837 - 06/09/05 03:36 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I keep having this recurring dream about lying in my bed staring at the roof not being able to sleep.

Such a bummer when I wake up, but what can you do...

Another thing, I keep having dreams about people without faces, as if my brain don't bother filling them in, because I already know who they are. Weird.

Only when Shiva is united with Shakti does he have the power to create - Saundaryalahari

I believe dreaming is tearing down reality. Its a total removal of structure and sense. You interpret dreams by finding out the structure of the dream by watching how it crumbles as you slip out of the void.

Then you wake up, creating another reality to break when going to bed. Or perhaps it is the other way around, can't really think straight about this now, I got distracted by all these words.

Peace...

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: TiCal]
    #4275360 - 06/09/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TiCal said:
sounds like dream world really is another world.  Still don't know WHY we dream, probably never will!  Maybe a place for a our conscious to chill  :tongue:

Thinking, is dreaming.. whit out the 'dream world' ...
think of you holding an apple.. think of you dreaming of you holding an apple.. anyone?

So many waking up to the notion, going to sleep, is waking up in another rate.. waking up, is going to sleep, at that rate, to this..

:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: slaphappy]
    #4275366 - 06/09/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

""I keep having this recurring dream about lying in my bed staring at the roof not being able to sleep.""

That is when I get out of bed, and fly naked to your please and start, scramming and jolting the place out of limits.. ha-ha sorry I do not know what I'm talking about.. :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: slaphappy]
    #4275493 - 06/09/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

did you read that stuff by...i forget which shroomer...who posted a "theory of the three fields of consciousness" they had? and how i was having similar thoughts although expressing them differently?
Your initial post here appears to me to be running along similar lines.
In fact, just now i came up with a little more "mathematical" explanation of what i believe:
Time can be viewd as a circle. On the circle of time, are three specific points - "levels", or planes, or dimensions, of conscious existence, plus one further, central, constant one (the other three being fixed on the circle of time, but time itself is constantly spinning, and so you get infinite manifestations of consciousness, or effectively infinite anyway)
you have one that some religions call "purgatori", but only because in this position of conscious existence we are incapable of conceiving of it in absolute terms, so we have to make do with relative terms. The dimension of "purgatori" is where "you" go after "you" have had enough of your time in "heaven". It can also be described as the state of infinite energy, as - if you gave it a temparature - it would be absolute zero, which is where energy exists in a perpetual state - being conscious but anaware of it - when consciousness falls asleep for just a tiny little awhile.
The next plane of conscious existence (i use positional terms only relatively, our view of the whole structure could be said to be a circle of time, with a perfect square touching that circle at each corner, and a line between each pair of corners of that box) is "life" - the divine illusion, apparent (i.e. relative) passage of time, pointless materialism (as all matter is simply pure energy expanded into a huge empty space) - this is where everything defines itself in terms of everything else
Then we have "hell" - when the self ties itself into a knot at its centre, and concentrates on just one of the two loops of the bow - a conscious black hole (black hole made of consciousness), stops caring about anything other than one half of itself
Then we have "heaven" - when the self pulls both points back together, undoing the knot, and cares about its whole self all the way around
Then, when consciousness has spent enough "time" in "heaven", it returns to purgatori, only to begin the whole pattern once again.

You can also say;
"purgatori" is where all of us threads of conscious awareness are headed, but never absolutely arrive at (until they forget how or why or when they ever left it anyways)
"life" is where all of us threads of conscious awarenss are unravelling (from "puragtori", the centre of the universe, in two directly opposite directions)
"hell" is when a thread reaches the closest possible point to the edge of the universe, believes it's right back where it started from ("purgtori") and can never ever leave, so it tries to tie itself into a knot.
However, when it sees that it cannot ever absolutely tie itself into a knot, it realises that it is actually now where it was headed all along - the edge of existence, looking back at its other self - "heaven"
Finally, when it's tired of "heaven", it will realise the Ultimate, Absolute, and only Universal truth, when it'll be asleep back in "purgatori" yet again.

Note - i've tried to use terms most of us are familiar with, but we can't really do the pattern justice. You get different manifestations of consciousness, except in "purgatori", because the circle of time is constantly spinning, so you get the 3 planes of conscious awareness appearing at infinite points around the very, infinitesimally small, centre of Everything (that is to say, equivalent to, in our purely relatvie terms, "nothing")
In all, it's easiest to say that life, the universe and everything is just one of three possible perspectives that a single point in time can have of, and up to, and even including, itself.
I.e., the best way to describe everything is: it is a two-armed spiral that forms a perfect circle, with relatively nothing (and yet absolutely everything) right at the *exact* centre - the point of origin of the spiral.
Conscious awarenss travels along all lines at once, but whilst in the plane of "life", time appears relative, so it can appear to be happening in a straight line.
("life" is a single section of the spiral, a perfectly-curved segment of the perfect circle - 1/2)
("hell" is the circumference of the circle, but thinking it is the centre - infinity/2, which looks like zero, but in absolute terms the same as...)
("heaven" is the spiral joined with its exact, imaginary opposite - which together forms the shape that we refer to in relative terms as "infinity")
and, after you have enough of "heaven", you come straight back into "purgatori"

"purgatori" is enjoying your self whilst thinking of your self
"life" is never really enjoying anything at all, as there's just too much to take in
"hell" is enjoying any thing else whilst thinking only of your self
"heaven" is enjoying your self AND any thing else whilst thinking of them BOTH at the SAME TIME - when two thoughts "collide" they return to purgatori. How fuckin cool is that?
(hotter than any of us here in this plane of existence could ever imagine though, as we are only capable of relative perception =+)

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: I was typing some shit, and now I wonder.. [Re: newjon]
    #4275531 - 06/09/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

another way of putting "Heaven" (inspired by swami's recent thread about the "most important things":
Heaven is when time appears to stop from your point of view, so you are alone with the world, the universe, as your "play thing", as throughout life, due to the "butterfly effect", you inevitably touch everything, everywhere, at some point in space in time, even if you're not there to feel it...
it's when your physical body becomes effectively immortal (or just invisible to all other manifestations of consciousness), time appears to have stopped, and all the time your eyes are open, you're having an orgasm. beauty is in the eye of beholder, together with heaven. Hell is when you close just one eye but can see that you're still here (as seeing is believing which is effectively the same as being, or just being in effect), purgatori is what happens to your consciousness when you close both your eyes and believe that you're some place AND time else (which is sleep).

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4275696 - 06/09/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4275785 - 06/09/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

interesting...also, i came up with the simplest way we can understand our own existence:
your existence is, quite simply, a pair of opposing, spiralling energy fields, which as a result are constantly circling each other
Round and round and round "It" goes
where "It" stops, no-one knows...
not even you, or I, or my God, or your God, or any one else's God
As we, each of us in ourselves (well, inside AND out, in absolute terms) is equivalent to our relative definition of God
You are "you"
I am "me"
And we are "all", together
Without "you", "I" is on my own
And without "me", then (at that point in space, and time) so are "you"
but "in" and "out" are both merely relative
which leaves both "nothing" and "everything"
As the only "absolutes"
You can choose to be in any of these 4 spheres
You just have to "see" your self there
The biggest joke of all
Is that once you "see" your self in "heaven" (once you arrive in heaven)
you'll never want to leave
Because coming inside your own creation
Is what "It" (life, the universe, and every thing) is *really* all about

EDIT:
i actually mean, constantly coming -i.e., in relative terms, never actually quite arriving at all
a.k.a. this life as we think we know it, is simply an infinite fractal energy field, but only relatively infinite, and in absolute terms, just one tiny infinitesimal part of the whole, entire pattern that is absolute...emptiness
In effect, existence is what light becomes when and where it approaches a black hole

Edited by newjon (06/09/05 12:13 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4275877 - 06/09/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

does the earth go around the sun, or do the sun go around the earth? :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4275915 - 06/09/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4275933 - 06/09/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

further;
Tomorrow you may be some 1, some place, some time else
so wrap your arms around your life
and just enjoy that feeling (what life is meant to be like) while it lasts
you can make it seem to last as long as you want to your self
no one else will even notice you were ever gone
so you can make your self invisible without even realising
But what ever you do, don't do it in front of a perfect mirror, until you're ready to see what life is like in a completely different illusion
How do you define a perfect mirror?
Every person has a perfect mirror
Only *you* know who your perfect mirror is
And in all probability, you are not theirs as well
If you do turn your self invisible in front of your perfect mirror,
this existence will shift focus just a little, such that, to that person (manifestation of conscious awareness), and to everyone and every thing else in this illusion, you will have appeared to have died further back in time than the point at which you turned your self invisible in front of your perfect mirror (whilst he/she could see you right in front of him/her)
Also, then your thread of consciousness will arrive in a totally different illusion

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4275954 - 06/09/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do you ever play with this in dreams?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4276098 - 06/09/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

not yet. i may well give it a try (i only just came up with this thought earlier today)
Also - i think some of these relative terms (let's just call them, in general, words from now on) make more sense than others. For example, when you "lose your self" deep in thought, what you are effectively doing is sending your conscious awareness deeper inside your mind. Which is also how you can "come up with" a thought/idea/etc., and why you can be "lost deep in thought" for what seems like close to an eternity, but when you "come back up" you notice that relatively little time (if any at all) seems to have passed here
(that's not the only way to mess with our relative perception of time, of course, in fact i bet if you really tried, you could find an effectively infinite number of ways to do it, but there's really no need, as you would eventually realise if you DID try to =+)

i also just a few minutes ago thought of a few "spectral" definitions of emotions.
if we assume that every definable, separate emotion we are capable of "feeling" - or sensing if you prefer - is basically an excitement of energy, then each of these emotions can surely be thought of in terms of a single point somewhere along that spectrum.
I can define some of those points in view of my above theory (the names i use for these emotions are absolute names, not the same as human names):
"hate" is when you decide to "just fuck it" and turn yourself invisible
(impossible, as no one person can ever truly, absolutely, hate themselves totally)
"selfishness" is when you turn everyone else invisible except for your own (damned)/(blessed)/(both)/and(neither) self
"regret" lies at some point after "selfishness", as in, at the point at which you hadn't just done that (turned everyone else invisible)
"fear" is even closer to "regret" than "regret" is to "selfishness", being the point at which you realise you don't know how to bring even just one other person back to your "place" (your place in time)
"resignment" is when you give you self up to the idea that, having done that, you are simply going to die alone, and you'll just have to deal with that until it happens
"love" is when you realise that you actually just turned every other person invisible, except for your self and the other person you only truly care about, but they are always asleep while you are awake, and you are always awake while they are asleep
(every time you sleep, your life is what you dream)
(ditto for your other half)
The only way to make amends, is to work out how to wake the other up whilst you (your self) are still awake
At that *exact* point in time (and space), you'll both become a singualrity (a whole consciousness) once again.
And when you're ready to begin working in another universe,
just remember how you started every time before this;
you simply split your whole in two
and let the rest
take care of its self

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder