Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Flag
8 Tons of cannabis seized off coast of Spain
    #4275321 - 06/09/05 11:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

8 Tons of cannabis seized off coast of Spain
June 9, 2005 - dailyrecord.co.uk

Exclusive Cops vow as crime lord is quizzed on ?24m hash seizure
A DRUG baron caught with ?24million worth of cannabis was grilled by a Spanish judge yesterday as officers in Scotland worked to smash his criminal empire William Reid was arrested this week after the fishing boat he was on was raided by customs officers off the coast of Portugal. Eight tons of cannabis was found on board.

Yesterday, police continued to search the trawler. They believe there is also a stash of heroin and cocaine on the Squilla.

Glasgow-born Reid, 43, and the Squilla's Scottish skipper Douglas Price were questioned by an investigating judge in Madrid.

Two other crew members, Sufian Mohammed Dris and Arno Peder, were also interrogated by Judge Fernando Grande-Marlaska.

In Scotland, police were trying to track, and close down, every strand of Reid's smuggling operation here.

A senior Scottish Drugs Enforcement Agency source said: 'We expect our inquiries to continue for some time yet' There are a number of avenues which we need to explore in relation to others who may be involved.'

It is thought the drugs on board the Squilla came from Morocco, the biggest supplier of cannabis to Europe.

Local warlords in Morocco run the drugs trade.

They use intermediaries to negotiate raw cannabis and hashish prices with European crime gangs.

The continental cartels have men whose job is to barter for the best price and arrange shipments.

In the case of the Squilla, sources believe Dris was the middle man.

An insider said: 'It appears he was the contact for the Scottish organisation with the suppliers.

'It would be up to him to provide the drugs and make arrangements to get them from the fields to the pick-up point.'

The Scots gang is believed to have picked up their consignment off-shore, possibly close to Casablanca.

If the haul had made it to the UK, it would probably have been unloaded off-shore, using rubber dinghies or small boats.

It is believed the gang paid around ?7million for the dope. It was probably a 'multiple order', involving several major UK gangsters, each stumping up a portion of the ?7million as 'backers'.

Once the drugs were in Britain, the backers would have arranged their own transport, and premises, for their share. Within these premises - warehouses, lock-ups, or safe houses - the hash would be cut down.

Brick-sized quantities would be sold to local dealers, who would again cut it down.

These would be passed to street dealers to chop up and sell. The going rate for an ounce in Glasgow is ?80

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: 8 Tons of cannabis seized off coast of Spain [Re: veggie]
    #4275774 - 06/09/05 02:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I wish my personal boat could hold 8 tons... of anything.

Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service