Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Three little questions and one big question. Please help.
    #4274868 - 06/09/05 04:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Okay this has probably been asked before but going through several search pages, I couldn't find what I was looking for. So here's my questions.

I have a portable martha, I've put a cool mist humidifer physically in the Martha and I seem to have 88-95% humidity in there. So do I need to get a ultrasonic humidifer and get a bunch of goofy hosing and fittings? I think if I take the vinyl bottom out that should get rid of CO2 and provide fresh air. I don't know, you're thoughts?

Also, condensation builds up on the walls of the martha, is that good or bad?

Thanks in advance.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (06/09/05 09:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Humidity and Air Exchange Questions [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4275306 - 06/09/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wow that high humidity with just coolmist? You may not need an ultrasonic if you have that much humidity.

It's good to have a few gaps or holes in the bottom to let the CO2 escape, but the coolmist should be providing plenty of air exchange.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Humidity and Air Exchange Questions [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4277822 - 06/09/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Kronny :smile:

Yeah the digital hygrometer is reading 89% and the analog is reading somewhere around 93% to 95% and there's a lot of condensation on the walls.

I'm nervous about not screwing around with hoses or using a ultrasonic humidifer since it seems those are the two golden standards but it seems as if I've achieved optimal grow conditions without them.

More questions

1. Does anyone know of a tek somewhere online that talks about the importance of air exchange and how it should go about being achieved.

2. So I should expect to have the casing in the incubator for two to seven days, (until I see pins right?)

3. How long should I wait to expect the first flush after putting the casing in the martha?

Thank you :cool:

EDIT
Okay so checking on my martha, everything is wet with condensation and little droplets of water... I'm assuming that's not a good thing. So do I need to try to do the hose thing? Thanks.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (06/09/05 09:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds