Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMBFT
Stranger
dreams
    #4274180 - 06/09/05 01:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My spiritual understanding is linked very heavily in dreams at times. I have had anything from "everyday dreams" to violent hero dreams to dreams that "effect" me and have substance. The hero dreams or the ones I had mostly when I was younger aren't significant to me. The everyday dreams are nearly worthless and easily forgotten. But the other dreams have began to effect me in very strange ways.

I have expirmented with many different entheogens but none of the them very deeply or for long periods of time. My dreams hit a peak of inspiration during my most expiremental phases. Yet I am just now remembering some of them in the greatest detail I ever had and feeling moved by them to somtimes phantastic, sometimes morbid amounts.

Some dreams I am recognizeing as almost fundamentally similar to certain native american beliefs and yet I have no referance to them: I only find similarties after the dream is recalled and legends/traditions are researched. The symbolism in them is sort of scarry- at first it was interesting now the direction this fascination is leading to is upsetting me. I can't help but feel like they where almost placed there during a moment when I can't remember.

There are two other catagories of dreams as well that fall in with the significant ones. Extended awareness or "OBE"/flying, and the "Hell" dreams.

Extended awareness/flying is grouped together because for some reason the sensation in those dreams is similar and the major focus is freedom.

Hell or diaster dreams are sometimes the most frightening and most profound of my dreams. They are either me in hell and experiances there, or some sort of natural diaster occuring around me. Both are similar landscapes of chaos and prehistoric volcanic plains. Neither of these typical versions of "hell" though ever have anything violent and horrible going on in them. I mean, the landscape is changeing yes, but no one is suffering, no demons are running around. It's sort of a _real_ place I can only describe using the term "hell". Dreams like these almost always have me feeling perfectly under control, peaceful, or even sometimes beyond normal awareness. Always, beings that are near me in these dreams are either like me or they follow me because I am leading them to safety. Lastly no one can die near me in these dreams. I can stop things from happening to them and they can't even be hurt within my care.

I didn't think much of them until recently when I started talking a little about them and finding very few people with such scarry and archtypical dreams. Sometimes I feel like I just have a poweful imagination and other times I feel like some of these dreams, as alluded before, were placed there by someone else.

I also don't quite know why I wanted to post this other than maybe finding other people with similar experiances.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: dreams [Re: MBFT]
    #4274219 - 06/09/05 01:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You are dreaming. WAKE UP! :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: dreams [Re: Icelander]
    #4274489 - 06/09/05 03:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

dreams have reaffirmed my spirituality and my outlook on the nature of reality. its all just a dream.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: dreams [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #4274497 - 06/09/05 03:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ah Ha! :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology