Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm
    #4273168 - 06/08/05 09:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.dailyrecord.com/news/articles/news3-moshroom.htm

Police say Mt. Olive apartment used as illegal mushroom farm

06/02/05

20-year-old suspect held on $200,000 bail

By Zenaida Mendez, Daily Record

MOUNT OLIVE - A 20-year-old man has been running a psilocybin mushroom farm in a Budd Lake apartment, which contained cultures for $12,000 worth of the hallucinogen along with growing records and distribution notes, police said Wednesday.

This is the first such facility encountered in the township and it could have flooded the area with an illegal drug that has become very popular with teens and college-aged students, police said in a statement.

Christopher J. Bauer, of Budd Lake, was arrested after township police, along with the Morris County sheriff's department and prosecutor's office, executed a search warrant at the Eagle Rock Village apartment Wednesday. Bauer was using the entire apartment to cultivate and grow the mushrooms since January, police said.

Authorities seized more than 60 jars of active cultures which were at different stages of growth. Those cultures could yield, at maturity, more than $12,000 worth of the illegal product, police said.

Police said they also seized equipment, including additional containers, processing materials, and mushroom spore-laden syringes, which if put into production, police said, could have yielded usable hallucinogens worth tens of thousands of dollars.

Psilocybin mushrooms cause hallucinogenic affects similar to LSD.

Growing records, progress reports, drug distribution notes and records, and a small amount of marijuana also were seized at the apartment, in the Eagle Rock Village complex, police said.

Bauer was charged with maintaining a controlled dangerous substance facility, manufacturing a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was lodged in the Morris County jail in lieu of $200,000 bail.

Mount Olive Police Department detectives Luis Sanchez and Michael Patchunka and detective sergeant John Walke conducted the investigation.

Psilocybin mushrooms are popular at raves, clubs and college campuses. Most data sources that quantify drug use exclude psilocybin. The Monitoring the Future Survey, conducted by the University of Michigan, said 9.2 percent of high school seniors nationwide used hallucinogens other than LSD - a category that includes psilocybin - at least once in their lifetime. Two percent of high school seniors used hallucinogens other than LSD in the past month, the survey said.

While there is no evidence that users may become dependent on psilocybin, tolerance for the drug does develop when it is ingested continuously over a short period of time, according to the federal Justice department's National Drug Intelligence Center.

The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose, according to the center's Web site.

In addition to the risks associated with ingestion of psilocybin, those who seek to abuse psilocybin mushrooms risk poisoning if one of the many varieties of poisonous mushrooms is incorrectly identified as a psilocybin mushroom, the Web site says.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: Holydiver]
    #4273246 - 06/08/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm the article doesn't specifically state what led to his bust.  :confused:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4273253 - 06/08/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Authorities seized more than 60 jars of active cultures which were at different stages of growth.

What a guru :craven:

Quote:

Psilocybin mushrooms are popular at raves, clubs and college campuses.

Bullshit I would be flipping out at all those places.

Quote:

The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations and an inability to discern fantasy from reality.

More like the inability to decipher the writer of this article from a retard.

Quote:

In addition to the risks associated with ingestion of psilocybin

What would we be risking? Realizing how fucked up this world and all it's laws are? Yeah that would risk alot for them if we took them.

Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: SuperD]
    #4273292 - 06/08/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

>Hmmm the article doesn't specifically state what led to his bust.

I would suspect it was the usual "anonymous tip"

Quote:

Authorities seized more than 60 jars of active cultures which were at different stages of growth. Those cultures could yield, at maturity, more than $12,000 worth of the illegal product, police said.

Police said they also seized equipment, including additional containers, processing materials, and mushroom spore-laden syringes, which if put into production, police said, could have yielded usable hallucinogens worth tens of thousands of dollars.

"could yield", "could have yielded" So, there weren't even ANY mushrooms found? That $200,000 bail seems a wee bit excessive.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: veggie]
    #4273346 - 06/08/05 09:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good point..apparently he didn't have any fruits growing at the time, just a shitload of myc. $200,000 bail for something that grows naturally around the planet.................I think you see where I'm going with this.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4274910 - 06/09/05 06:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

> Psilocybin mushrooms cause hallucinogenic affects similar to LSD.

Alcohol causes drunken affects similar to mental retardation and can even cause death.

Thats right kids, stick with the safe legal drugs like Alcohol and Tobacco... because we, the Government, care about your health and well being.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: Seuss]
    #4275538 - 06/09/05 01:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Just think... if Pot, Mushrooms and LSD were Leathal... they would be Legal... just like Alcohol,  Tobbacco and Firearms.  :tongue:

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4275600 - 06/09/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shdwstr said:
Just think... if Pot, Mushrooms and LSD were Leathal... they would be Legal... just like Alcohol,  Tobbacco and Firearms.  :tongue:

Nice  :thumbup:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineLethalX5
Male

#4277475 - 06/09/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

when i read this i thought of this guy, hope it wast him

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...e=0&fpart=1

Quote:

mushroommark said:

Old Setup

mushymark

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: LethalX5]
    #4279047 - 06/10/05 10:16 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

No it wasn't him, he's still around.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4279909 - 06/10/05 02:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

talk about blowing the story out of proportion:

"more than $12,000 worth of the illegal product, police said."

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4284956 - 06/12/05 01:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i think they didnt blow it up enough, 12,000 aint shit for 60 jars. unless they were pf tek. but what dumbass does an operation with pf tek? they had to be grain and he had to be doing bulk, if he was smart anyway.

i think it is safe to say that out of 60 quart jars of grain, an experienced grower here could make ATLEAST 30,000.

so blowing WHAT out of proportion? if he was both experiened and greedy he could even double that amount. A little poo goes a long way. It wouldnt surprise me if he had a bunch of poo lying around that they didnt even acknowledge.

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: SuperD]
    #4285011 - 06/12/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the article doesn't specifically state what led to his bust

Nine times out of ten it's a big mouth. If you grow, don't tell ANYONE; this goes double if you grow commercially! :syringe:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinepsychadelicspore
Stranger
Male

Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: Seuss]
    #8760705 - 08/12/08 01:13 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

Alcohol causes drunken affects similar to mental retardation and can even cause death.

Thats right kids, stick with the safe legal drugs like Alcohol and Tobacco... because we, the Government, care about your health and well being.

hahaha...couldn't have said it better...just one more example of how messed up our system is right now

--------------------

Crucify the ego, before its far too late, and leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical...and you will come to find, that we are all one mind capable of all thats imagined and all conceivable~~Reflection-Tool

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: psychadelicspore]
    #8761198 - 08/12/08 03:17 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psychadelicspore said:
Quote:

Seuss said:

hahaha...couldn't have said it better...just one more example of how messed up our system is right now

yu know what else is messed up?
this thread is from 05!

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8763172 - 08/12/08 04:53 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

WTF you bumping old threads for?

OfflineExperience
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: dumbfounded1600]
    #8763368 - 08/12/08 05:41 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:grin: hahahah!

Offlinechr1s
Stranger
    #9272196 - 11/19/08 03:15 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

That is me! I ended up getting the charges dropped from a 1st degree manufacturing charge to a 3rd degree possession with the intent to distribute.

OfflineLightShedder
Staring at Rhizos
 User Gallery

Loc: Amazonia
Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: chr1s]
    #9274964 - 11/19/08 11:03 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Who the fuck was talkin about 30 thousand dollars for 60 fuckin jars???? Dude if you pulled 2 ounces out of a quart jar I would applaud you. So lets say you got 120 ounces out of those jars (which I can confidently say you wouldn't) and you sold those ounces for 200 dollars each (which is overpriced when dealing with this much but just for the sake of argument) that only leaves you with 24000 dollars. So you would come up short even if you magically got your jars to produce 2x the average amount ( I know there is no "average amount") but 1 ounce per qt jar seems to be the normal for me and my friends. Also, if you are growing that much you are probably selling the 60 ounces you would probably get out of those jars for 50 bucks each leaving you with 3000. I just had to clear that DEA style overexaggeration up.

--------------------

One day, God created LSD through the intercession of blessed Albert Hoffman. This powerful sacrament then went on to enlighten mankind, even the president of america. This ushered in an age of spiritual unity and peace. This allowed for mankind to reach it's full potential including immortality and intergalactic exploration and habitation. Thanks, God.

"If it seems radical, pretend like it is normal."

InvisibleGreen_T
Getting to the chopper
 User Gallery

Re: Apartment used as illegal mushroom farm [Re: chr1s]
    #9275084 - 11/19/08 11:25 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

That is me! I ended up getting the charges dropped from a 1st degree manufacturing charge to a 3rd degree possession with the intent to distribute.

Dude, how did it happen?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service