Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Aldous Huxley, Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

LSD and the Clear White Light experience
    #4271839 - 06/08/05 03:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

How many have experienced this? If I were to try LSD this would be the main reason, to experience that one trip that tripper's dream of...the one where you die and are immersed in the white light of divine love, cosmic bliss, ya know... All is One, All is Love type deal....that's why I think it's important that if acid's out there, it needs to be as clean as possible, since from my understanding of it the way LSD works (in theory of course) is by acting like a key in a lock at the receptor level. With even slightly impure LSD, you could have a key that fits, just not as well as it should. Any thoughts?

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: SuperLazy]
    #4272296 - 06/08/05 04:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i experienced it during my second acid trip, when i was 17 and had no clue what was happening. since then, i've never experienced it again. its something i'm working towards.

if you have the right mindset and take enough, it should happen. reading leary's 'the psychedelic experience' will help.

you don't need acid to experience it. its possible with psilocybin, mescaline, and other psychedelics (or no drugs at all if you're very well practiced in meditation).

i'm not sure what you mean by impure acid. if you get lsd molecules into your blood they will get to your brain and start opening those locks. any impurities taken with the acid will most likely be in too small quantities to do anything noticeable. if you have good acid, it just means you get a lot more 'keys' per hit. if you have weak acid, there aren't as many 'keys' per hit.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Edited by alsey (06/08/05 04:49 PM)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: alsey]
    #4272324 - 06/08/05 04:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

More commonly referred to as "structure activity" relationship, which Shulgin is famous for.

Consider though, that a different "key" could very well open up an entirely different door.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: badchad]
    #4273215 - 06/08/05 09:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Prepare with yoga & meditation. Focus on intent of the trip, ask yourselves where you would like the LSD to take you. It can take you places, and may even responding to your asking during the trip, if your mindset is correct. Study the dharma, the teachings of Buddhism, Hinduism, that focus on dissolving duality. All is one and one is all.

I have to ask, on an intellectual level you seem to know this already.. all is one and one is all.. right? Well why do you have to feel it? You have it, you are there. I would rejoice on this first.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: badchad]
    #4273681 - 06/08/05 11:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
More commonly referred to as "structure activity" relationship, which Shulgin is famous for.

Huh? Mind explaining that to me? For some reason I've never read that by him.

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: ergot]
    #4274967 - 06/09/05 07:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think Shulgin published a mainstream book by that title. I was imply referring to the overall thought process whereby someone says:
"Here is the structure of hallucinogen type A".

"What will happen if we move a Carbon from position 1 to position 2".

Like in TIKHAL, where all the molecules were "tryptamines", yet the differing structures resulted in different effects. Another reference can be seen here:
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/journals/psychoactives_journal8.shtml

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleDark_Star
Shilling for Zion
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4280491 - 06/10/05 05:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've experienced it before, it's an incredible and indescribable experience.

--------------------

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4280518 - 06/10/05 05:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Do you think the same thing might be possible with shrooms? Maybe w/ a psilocybin extract in high enough doses (have some chem friends  :wink:)

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Shilling for Zion
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4280609 - 06/10/05 05:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Definately, I think the experience is possible with any psychedelic, and even without......you have to REALLY know what you're doing to get there without any psychedelic help though.

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4280760 - 06/10/05 06:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

its possible with pretty much any psychedelic, and as i said, if you're very well practiced in meditation you can reach that state without any drugs. psychedelics just offer an easier and faster route to expanded conciousness than years of meditation.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4280970 - 06/10/05 07:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I like how Aldous Huxley put it right here:

"Reflecting on my experience, I find myself agreeing with the eminent Cambridge philosopher, Dr. C. D. Broad, "that we should do well to consider much more seriously than we have hitherto been inclined to do the type of theory which Bergson put forward in connection with memory and sense perception. The suggestion is that the function of the brain and nervous system and sense organs is in the main eliminative and not productive. Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful."

According to such a theory, each one of us is potentially Mind at Large. But in so far as we are animals, our business is at all costs to survive. To make biological survival possible, Mind at Large has to be funneled through the reducing valve of the brain and nervous system. What comes out at the other end is a measly trickle of the kind of consciousness which will help us to stay alive on the surface of this Particular planet. To formulate and express the contents of this reduced awareness, man has invented and endlessly elaborated those symbol-systems and implicit philosophies which we call languages.

Every individual is at once the beneficiary and the victim of the linguistic tradition into which he has been born?the beneficiary inasmuch as language gives access to the accumulated records of other people's experience, the victim in so far as it confirms him in the belief that reduced awareness is the only awareness and as it bedevils his sense of reality, so that he is all too apt to take his concepts for data, his words for actual things. That which, in the language of religion, is called "this world" is the universe of reduced awareness, expressed, and, as it were, petrified by language.

The various "other worlds," with which human beings erratically make contact are so many elements in the totality of the awareness belonging to Mind at Large. Most people, most of the time, know only what comes through the reducing valve and is consecrated as genuinely real by the local language. Certain persons, however, seem to be born with a kind of by-pass that circumvents the reducing valve. In others temporary by-passes may be acquired either spontaneously, or as the result of deliberate "spiritual exercises," or through hypnosis, or by means of drugs. Through these permanent or temporary by-passes there flows, not indeed the perception "of everything that is happening everywhere in the universe" (for the by-pass does not abolish the reducing valve, which still excludes the total content of Mind at Large), but something more than, and above all something different from, the carefully selected utilitarian material which our narrowed, individual minds regard as a complete, or at least sufficient, picture of reality.

As Mind at Large seeps past the no longer watertight valve, all kinds of biologically useless things start to happen. In some cases there may be extra-sensory perceptions. Other persons discover a world of visionary beauty. To others again is revealed the glory, the infinite value and meaningfulness of naked existence, of the given, unconceptualized event. In the final stage of egolessness there is an "obscure knowledge" that All is in all?that All is actually each. This is as near, I take it, as a finite mind can ever come to "perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe."

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by mattzdope (06/10/05 07:50 PM)

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4282666 - 06/11/05 09:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Are you saying you have had this type of experience before?

--------------------

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

#5219320 - 01/24/06 09:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

ive almost had the experience sober whilst in deep meditation

basically i begun to percieve my third eye and as i was sitting there in the lotus position, my body locked up, or perhaps i let go of my body i think the latter

and i begun to see basically a ring in my field of vision (with my third eye looking directly upward i believe)

as i kept looking onto this, i saw fractals and what not in my vision around this white ring, and as i focused on it, this arm type thing, it was like a tentacle with a pincer on the end that was slightly a greenish color began to come towards me

and very soon it broke past the barrier, and it became 3d basically if you have ever tried to have a wake induced lucid dream you will know what im talking about or if youve done high doses of psychedelics its when all the images and shapes and what not begin to dip in and out of 3d, at first just being part of imagination then becoming rendered by the consciousness in three dimensions

but sadly i became overly excited at the time and i was unable to 'ride the spiral to the end' as maynard seems to speak of

ne way, just thought i would share :laugh:

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream, merily merily merily merily, life is but a dream"

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Offlineentre
Stranger
Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: TheGus]
    #5219925 - 01/25/06 12:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I actually got this white light experience the first time I tripped, which was on 14.5 grams of good morning glory heavenly blue seeds. At the time, I didn't know what was going on - As it was happening, I felt that I was given the opotunity to 'be with god' and let go to the white light, or stay in this world. I also thought that by letting go, it meant forever; That letting go meant death or insnaity or something similar. I couldn't let myself leave my physical body because it would have devistated my parents (we were in rough waters at the time).

I have yet to be given this option again. Looking back, I was definately not ready for it at the time, and so safely avoided it. I find it interesting that I got this oneness with god feeling without having ever heard that something similar would happen. I guess yet some more anecdotal evidence that these types of experiences might not be creations of culture and expectations.

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: entre]
    #5220317 - 01/25/06 03:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

entre, true that
this experience happens all the time, facing death/insanity
i decided to live... looking back i wish i didn't..
the proton life was good (:

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Offlineshneck
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: swampthing]
    #5222169 - 01/25/06 05:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

"Do you think the same thing might be possible with shrooms? Maybe w/ a psilocybin extract in high enough doses (have some chem friends"

Yes, it is possible with shrooms.

Have had it two times in a row in my last 2 trips. Both trips were of medium strength, level 3+ I'd say. Both times it happened at the end of the peak after I smoked some bud and the peak came back for a while. Shrooms dose was 1g home-grown batch powdered and soaked in lemon juice 1st time, 2g in choco milk shake 2nd time.
Shroom tripping experience - around 40(?) times total; never did yoga or meditation, my 3 trips preceding those miraculous ones were profound "bad" lessons (never had a "bad" one before, might be some connection).
Me and my friend always dose equally, he hadn't got it regertfully. His tripping experience is about 15 times total. Had a couple of "a bit unpleasant" trips before, no deep "bad" ones though.

Both experiences were rather short, mere 10-15 seconds, second one being a bit shorter and a bit less intense.
The feeling is pure astonishment. I have to repeat there was no ego loss, I remember it clearly, even the music that was playing. First time it was Beatles Lounge mix, second time Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass session.

Curiously enough, last two months I'm deep in reading buddhism teachings, with satori and samadha states being touched upon quite in detail. Might be a factor as well.

Summing it up, I have to say it's arguably the best thing I have ever felt in my life both with or without psychoactives involved.
Even experiencing the Other pales in comparison.
Can only compare to what you feel when being in love at its peak stage.

Simply amazing.

Peace.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: shneck]
    #5222490 - 01/25/06 07:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

it's even possible with marijuana.

when i was still very inexperiened i was sitting and running energy (first of all i think marijuana may be BAD for your energy if smoked so ..... this isn't really something for regular stoners to hope for) and i had two currents going up and down....

i united them in the middle of me and went into a flash of white light for about half a second, it disappeared the second i thought or remarked about it.

i brought it back 2-3 times, each itme a little harder and not particularly lasting as long.

i've never done it again, nor has my energy ever flowed that purely and freely since. (and for real, smoking seems to destroy your heart chakra, at least, the capability of energy to flow through it, and MAYBE the navel....... )

come to think of it there was a time when i could look in the mirror stoned and actually see some of my energy....... i've really wasted marijuana's potential.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (01/25/06 07:05 PM)

Offlinesmiggert
Potato Gobbler
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: LSD and the Clear White Light experience [Re: shneck]
    #18223572 - 05/06/13 07:30 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shneck said:
"Do you think the same thing might be possible with shrooms? Maybe w/ a psilocybin extract in high enough doses (have some chem friends"

Yes, it is possible with shrooms.

Have had it two times in a row in my last 2 trips. Both trips were of medium strength, level 3+ I'd say. Both times it happened at the end of the peak after I smoked some bud and the peak came back for a while. Shrooms dose was 1g home-grown batch powdered and soaked in lemon juice 1st time, 2g in choco milk shake 2nd time.
Shroom tripping experience - around 40(?) times total; never did yoga or meditation, my 3 trips preceding those miraculous ones were profound "bad" lessons (never had a "bad" one before, might be some connection).
Me and my friend always dose equally, he hadn't got it regertfully. His tripping experience is about 15 times total. Had a couple of "a bit unpleasant" trips before, no deep "bad" ones though.

Both experiences were rather short, mere 10-15 seconds, second one being a bit shorter and a bit less intense.
The feeling is pure astonishment. I have to repeat there was no ego loss, I remember it clearly, even the music that was playing. First time it was Beatles Lounge mix, second time Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass session.

Curiously enough, last two months I'm deep in reading buddhism teachings, with satori and samadha states being touched upon quite in detail. Might be a factor as well.

Summing it up, I have to say it's arguably the best thing I have ever felt in my life both with or without psychoactives involved.
Even experiencing the Other pales in comparison.
Can only compare to what you feel when being in love at its peak stage.

Simply amazing.

Peace.

What do you mean by "The Other" ?

I havent seen this white light but I have seen something else, it was a ball of molten white energy but had other colours in it too... only saw it for a few seconds though.

One time I thought I was dying (thought i had stopped breathing and freaked out) and couldnt let go because i thought my body would die too and I would never come back. Maybe i would have seen this white light if i had let go

--------------------
Even sleepers are workers and collaborators in what goes on in the Universe.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Aldous Huxley, Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience