Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Loosing yourself to find your self
    #4271824 - 06/08/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yesterday I was thinking about the concept of soul searching or when people make radical change saying they are off to "find" themselves.

I started related that to time when you feel like you are loosing your mind. Is it to another natural process for finding your mind. I think the one we are loosing when we "loose it" is the one society programmed for us. When we find it again, it is what was just naturally there before the programming.

Any thoughts on all of this?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Loosing yourself to find your self [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4271884 - 06/08/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

To find your self is to loose your self, like a snake shedding its skin, it cant be torn or ripped away from you by others, it must sluff itsself of when the time is right. Often a snake goes into hiding prior to its shed, it cant see well and becomes secretive. The snake is iratebel and restless as well. Then the snake says it has had enough and decides to emerge and free its self by running its body along branches and rocks laying in a creek to soften its self.

I see many similarities with humans metamorphisising and transending to a new level of conciousness.

Though with humans it may mean shedding our desinner clothing, shedding our egos, etc.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Loosing yourself to find your self [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4271928 - 06/08/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ooooooh. I like the visual of the snake shedding it's skin, because its growing and doesn't fit into it anymore. The analogy of how it hides and is restless before hand fits too.

Like we make radical change to our environments to go soul searching, really we just don't fit into the tight old skin of the old environment anymore.

Like when we loose our minds, we just don't fit into it's tight restrictions anymore and are busting out and into more space when we settle into the new skin again.

Thanks for adding that sheik!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinepeaceful_gnome
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: BC
Re: Loosing yourself to find your self [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4272006 - 06/08/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i agree for the most part. I think we live in a crazy world; not the one that nature had intended. I believe that society (ie. the system) has taken away from our sense of individuality, and made it harder for an individual to find meaning to their life. I never truly believe that I am 'losing my mind' so to speak, but that is how I feel others would see it if they knew the inner workings of my mind.

the snake shedding its skin analogy is great  :smile:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Loosing yourself to find your self [Re: peaceful_gnome]
    #4272031 - 06/08/05 01:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"loose your mind, and be it, to-get-here!"
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Loosing yourself to find your self [Re: peaceful_gnome]
    #4272046 - 06/08/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

my daughter had to leave us to find herself.
we impinged too much on her sense of self.
how could she even tell if she really liked what she liked while we were around liking the same thing.
this process of finding the source of one's own spontaneous pleasure and pain could take a long time in cases where a person has been relating closely to others.

this is different than finding that one's self extends into and is an extension of the universe.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Loosing yourself to find your self [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4272085 - 06/08/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

neat additions all. You know what I meant by loosing your mind gnome. Its those times where you are getting it reorganized, sorted through and put back together but to another, you may look like you are loosing it.

Liked what you said Red about your daughter and being so close to others, she couldn't know what of about herself she liked on her own.

Reminds me of when I left my crazy material life in Chicago for the islands to "shed some skin" and be ME whoever that was. After time, some of what I wanted to leave, I did come back to appreciate on my own, and some was excess baggage others dumped on me that I shed for good.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag