Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

NYC cop runs as partner is shot
    #4271320 - 06/08/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Video shows New York police officer fleeing while partner shot
June 7, 2005 - newsday.com

NEW YORK (AP) - A security camera videotape of a patrolman being shot by a drug suspect also shows the officer's partner turning and running when the gunfire erupts, a law enforcement official said on Tuesday.

The video _ recorded by a camera on a nearby building _ also indicates the partner, Officer Gilberto Marrero, waited several minutes before coming to the aid of Officer Patrick Caprice. It could result in disciplinary action against Marrero, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

New York Police Department officials confirmed they had taken Marrero off active duty but declined to discuss his case.

Patrolmen's Benevolent Association spokesman Al O'Leary would say only that Marrero was represented by a union lawyer during questioning by police investigators.

Caprice, 42, was hit three times in the chest during a fierce shootout on June 2 but was saved by his bulletproof vest, police said. He was still hospitalized on Tuesday with a stomach wound caused by a bullet fragment.

The incident began after Caprice and his partner allegedly saw 18-year-old David Redden buying marijuana on Grafftan Street in the Brownsville section. The officers pursued the man's car and pulled him over.

The video shows Caprice approaching the car on the driver's side and Marrero on the passenger side. When the suspect opens fire on Caprice, his partner "turns and runs four to five car lengths away and takes cover," the law enforcement official said.

Redden is seen exiting his car and starting to flee on foot, then doubling back and firing more rounds at the fallen officer before getting into his car and driving away. Caprice emptied his weapon as the car sped off, blowing out windows and injuring the driver.

Marrero radioed for backup during the gun battle. But based on the video, investigators believe he went to help his partner only after other officers arrived, the official said.

Redden crashed his car and killed himself before he could be captured.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: NYC cop runs as partner is shot [Re: veggie]
    #4271484 - 06/08/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

<<The incident began after Caprice and his partner allegedly saw 18-year-old David Redden buying marijuana on Grafftan Street in the Brownsville section. The officers pursued the man's car and pulled him over.>>

The officer is very lucky he didn't become another statistic in the WoD. All of this over the sale of flowers of a dried plant.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: NYC cop runs as partner is shot [Re: SuperD]
    #4274466 - 06/09/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A 'few flowers of a dried plant' my ass! SuperD, I think you're living in LALA LAND!!! Maybe you should open your eyes and look at this society - people driven insane, schizophrenic, homicidal, and going on rape binges, all because of their marijuana addictions. It is getting to the stage now where addicts are injecting marijuana in the streets, choosing drugs over food, and stealing from their families ALL FOR THE NEXT HIT!!!

Now I hope you realise that young David Redden is better off dead than living in the delusional schizophrenic mind space of a marijuana addiction.

(Yes I realise that was some low quality sarcasm) :P

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: NYC cop runs as partner is shot [Re: zee_werp]
    #4274502 - 06/09/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This forum boasts the highest percentage of sarcastic posts  :thumbup: :grin:  I think responding with sarcasm is normal when you look at some of the outrageous news stories (specifically concerning drugs) that Veggie or other people post on here.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: NYC cop runs as partner is shot [Re: SuperD]
    #4274652 - 06/09/05 02:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, had noticed that. I was just trying to join in on the madness :p I suppose we can't take all these news stories too seriously otherwise we'd all go insane and kill ourselves...or something like that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale