Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMicromegas
wackyteacher

Types of Marijuana
    #4271338 - 06/08/05 01:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hello everyone... I've been reading around in the forum recently, and one thing has got me wanting to know more - that is, the discussion of different types of marijuana and their effects. I feel a little embarassed, actually, that after four years of daily smoking, I had no idea. Now, I haven't smoked in about six months cause I currently live it a country where it is not viable to do so... but I plan to return in due time to recreational (not daily) use when I get home. Speaking from experience, I have always been cognizant of the variance of effects (the imagintive, energetic and the zombie-couch-potato-head), but never really thought about it. I'd love to hear more about the different strains, indica and satvia, their occurance, smell, appearance, effects etc. and how to mediate what your getting from any home grown buds you might plan to grow in the future... Great forum guys,

Micromegas

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: Types of Marijuana [Re: Micromegas]
    #4271374 - 06/08/05 01:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well there are about a billion different strains of pot. Recent research is showing that these all originate from 6 or 7 original strains.
Generally you cannot believe a person when they try and sell you pot with a name on it. However if you grow your own pot, start with good genetics, and take good care of it, you can grow some very special buds.
My personal favourite strains of pot that I have ever tried were all organically grown. They are, Chemo x Grapefruit, Blueberry, and White Rhino. They all smoked beautifully, and had the most fragrant smells I've ever noticed from pot. Sadly none of these are available to me anymore.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Types of Marijuana [Re: Heffy]
    #4271503 - 06/08/05 01:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

^^^^ What he's saying is if you are buying from anyone other then the grower himself then the names are just a sales gimmick. If it smells good, looks good and gets you really high then it's good. If you wan't to grow your own then that's where names come into play.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (06/08/05 01:43 PM)

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: Types of Marijuana [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4271868 - 06/08/05 03:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

sometimes you can tell what kind it is by the smell,taste of smoke,the way it looks,and the feel of it.like some are very sticky and other things

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Types of Marijuana [Re: unearth]
    #4272385 - 06/08/05 05:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

sativas smell sweeter, indicas smell spicier. thats how i tell (without smokin it).

as far as im concernd, theres only 2 strains of weed.

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Types of Marijuana [Re: yousuck]
    #4272853 - 06/08/05 07:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i feel every individual plant is its own strain. every plant has its own characteristics and therefor its own individuality. clones are the exception as they are genetically the same as their "mother" plant and could be called the same strain.

yes, names are just a sales gimmick. unless you have a steady supply of one type of bud (certainly not all from the same plant and therefor every plant is a different phenotype(the way the plant looks as it grows, i believe) but still similar to the others and or clones thereof) and that type has a nickname. like your friend sam you call "tweak", for instance because he exhibits certain characteristics that lend themselves to a nickname (i pulled that off the top of my head. i don't know anyone named sam or called tweak so...). if your weed has a nickname, that is just what it is. a nickname and nothing more. judge the weed by how it effects you and give that experience a nickname, so to speak.

that leads to this: indica dominant strains tend to have more of a body high/couch lock effect while sativa dominant strains tend to be more cerebral (a clear headed, speedy buzz sometimes). but it all depends on how the plant was grown and when it was harvested.

www.overgrow.com is one of the best communities dedicated to the great herb.

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Types of Marijuana [Re: Micromegas]
    #4273107 - 06/08/05 09:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Read the cannabible. Jason King describes many different strains in great detail. The taste, aroma, and different characteristics of the high are all covered. These books also contain some of the best photos of marijuana I have ever seen.

http://www.thecannabible.com

--------------------

OfflineMicromegas
wackyteacher

Re: Types of Marijuana [Re: muistrue]
    #4275361 - 06/09/05 12:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, thanks guys... I'll be certain to check out some further reading. In general, I wasn't concerned with the things people are telling you about their weed when they want you to buy... I was more interested in this satvia/indica difference, and particular the levels of the more psychoactive THCV that I read about... I do love to grow my own buds, and some people seem to suggest that the time of harvesting can determine the different levels of THCV in the bud, making for a more energetic high... sometimes the couch-potato just wont fly. Anyway, thanks. I can't wait to get home and watch once again a seedling turn into a ten-foot monster. Amazing plants.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience